Escaping 'Society" Can Help Us Grow Spiritually (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
In a podcast from Joe Rogan below, he talks for three minutes about escaping society, from the direction of being a slave to it based on consumerism and working in jobs that have no meaning. He gets his point across directly, where I would approach the topic more gently — we each will perceive this message in our own light, and unique way.

I just want to briefly explain that it can help us a great deal on a spiritual level to shift out of a job that has little meaning to us, and may just be about having a higher income — an income that really doesn't serve us as we come to realise we don't need such a high amount of money coming in.

This is usually about finding our passion and purpose in life and then making that passion what we do, usually with a financial energy exchange so we can support ourselves. Sometimes we can barter, but in today's world that's not always practical as there are bills to pay.

When we are in a job that sucks the life out of us, we have little energy and time to focus on the activities that can really help us grow, but if we are doing something that stimulates our consciousness, that brings light and not darkness, then that can actually provide us with energy to expand, as well as that passion.

Here is Joe's video:

Last edited:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I guess we all ask ourselves "Am I a contributor or a cog in a machine which I have no connection to?"; the dilemma between a life of meaning:-D and a life of accumulating for the sake of doing so... (really for someone else to make even more from your labour):((

Bill

The magic has always been within you.
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 21, 2016
From Kansas, living in Texas
This is an interesting and common challenge. Getting ourselves in a place where we are doing what we are passionate about...and making and adequate living in the process. Breaking it down we each need to figure out 1) what it is we want to do (or at least feel we want to do, that may change); 2) figuring out how to get from where we are to where we want to be; 3) reconciling the well-intended influence/pressure from others who think making such a transition is a mistake; 4) screwing up our courage to make the leap; 5) dealing with the "this-didn't-go-the-way-I'd-thought" aspects of the change, resulting adjustments, and all the fears that come with that; 6) settling into a new situation that works for you.

It's not surprising that few of us make it to a type of life we truly want to live. The deck (the system) is stacked against at every turn, we believe. While the system resistance to living the way we want is real (system wants you to serve it, not yourself), it is not as significant as we often allow ourselves to believe. System resistance can be overcome. Much of it comes down to us each overcoming the fear associated with uncertainty.

I've gone through this process over the past two years. For me a tipping point was getting past the fear. And in doing that I found the concept of "thoughts become things" as articulated by Mike Dooley to be very valuable. Especially the part about focusing on what you truly want as an end goal and releasing yourself from the 'cursed hows' of having to figure it all out but nonetheless taking action to moving in the direction of what you want and then allowing the Universe to work its magic. Mike has been developing this outlook over the years and has several books available where he discusses it. His most recent, Playing the Matrix, does a good job of laying this all out and includes some tools for helping one figure out what they want and. If one is considering trying to get themselves into a life they want doing "work" they enjoy, this is a good resource. FYI, Mike is not one who believes that living a spiritually-founded life means you must accept being poor as part of the deal. Far from it. Mike's style is a bit different and it initially took me a bit of time to get comfortable with it. His core message though very much resonates. If interested you can find out more at http://tut.com

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
Breaking it down we each need to figure out 1) what it is we want to do (or at least feel we want to do, that may change); 2) figuring out how to get from where we are to where we want to be; 3) reconciling the well-intended influence/pressure from others who think making such a transition is a mistake; 4) screwing up our courage to make the leap; 5) dealing with the "this-didn't-go-the-way-I'd-thought" aspects of the change, resulting adjustments, and all the fears that come with that; 6) settling into a new situation that works for you.
I would add that what underpins all of these excellent questions are our beliefs and feelings. I've observed a lot of contradictory beliefs in the 'spiritual/new age community about wealth, money, and value for services provided. Abundance or 'success' comes down to the simple mechanics of our thought processes.

This book describes the creative rather than competitive thought process really well and it's not really about money/riches unless that is what you want to create:
The Science of Getting Rich pdf

The Science of Getting Rich is the classic guide to creating wealth through the Law of Attraction. First published in 1910, recently it helped inspire Rhonda Byrne’s bestselling book and movie, The Secret.

According to Wallace D. Wattles, “There is a science of getting rich, and it is an exact science, like algebra or arithmetic. There are certain laws which govern the process of acquiring riches; once these laws are learned and obeyed by any man, he will get rich with mathematical certainty.”

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Intetesting. To me my job is merely a means to an end. I make good money being a mechanic and I almost enjoy what I do. I have no desire for riches or the latest cars. That to me is a fools game. It fed my kids and allowed me to do pretty much as I pleased. I retire in a year and change and feel I have fared quite well in general. Life and work need not be drudgery, tho thats what it's become lol. It's all good and to me it came down to an attitude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)