Ego Defined And Its Impact Upon Our Lives (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
laron submitted a new transients.info article.

Ego Defined And Its Impact Upon Our Lives

Through direct work done with my ego I have come to know it intimately and this has helped me understand it when it shows itself within others.

I originally started working with ego about eight years ago through Gnostic based teachings. For a few years I was part of a group that would meet up a couple of times a week when I was living in Sydney, Australia. The teachers involved with this group would run courses on topics such as astral projection, meditation, ego, and mantras. The main point of the teachings were to have direct experience, and this is what I attained.

The actual Gnostic teachings were based on multiple sources; Buddhism, Hinduism, Theosophical Society material, and more authentic teachings that Jesus originally produced—all were part of what was taught in this group....
Click here to continue on to the original article.

Last edited:

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks for the article, Laron. I would like to share an incident that happened over the weekend, which is a good illustration. It is when the ego rises up and the reactive emotion of anger kicks in, based on a judgment. The relationship in question is that of parent/child. That one has interesting parameters, because the parent is supposed to set the boundaries and make sure the child understands and stays on the right side of the rules. My child is 16 and posted an alluring and provocative selfie on Facebook. I only use FB sparingly, but got a little more into it over the weekend, i.e. signing up a couple of my immediate family members who live thousands of km's away as friends. Therefore, for the first time, I could see that they had full ability to view what my daughter puts on her site. Whenever I have seen this selfie, it has sparked my anger, which I then go and dump on her. Especially when I have begged her to take it down, and that has been ignored.

But when I look into my deeper motivations, the thing that sparked the most anger was the judgment I am now expecting my family members to make about her and me. They already think she is a "case" because they haven't lived their lives anywhere near her and haven't spent time building up unconditional love with her as their niece/granddaughter/etc.

So this is a case of MY ego being aroused due to MY expectations of being judged, and really has nothing to do with the selfie in question. The selfie itself does not have a life, but it is how we react to it. I am now climbing down a huge mountain of drama caused by my over-reaction to it, and I hope to meet my daughter on the other side of that.

Akram

Involved Wayfarer
Sep 6, 2016
Lille, France
Peace Love and light.
I think one of your best articles to the day. So clear and informative. Stated so that the unaware and aware are brought in to learn from your ego's journey here on earth. Absolute masterpiece. Thank you for sharing this wisdom. <3

Reactions: Laron

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Thanks for the article, Laron. I would like to share an incident that happened over the weekend, which is a good illustration. It is when the ego rises up and the reactive emotion of anger kicks in, based on a judgment. The relationship in question is that of parent/child. That one has interesting parameters, because the parent is supposed to set the boundaries and make sure the child understands and stays on the right side of the rules. My child is 16 and posted an alluring and provocative selfie on Facebook. I only use FB sparingly, but got a little more into it over the weekend, i.e. signing up a couple of my immediate family members who live thousands of km's away as friends. Therefore, for the first time, I could see that they had full ability to view what my daughter puts on her site. Whenever I have seen this selfie, it has sparked my anger, which I then go and dump on her. Especially when I have begged her to take it down, and that has been ignored.

But when I look into my deeper motivations, the thing that sparked the most anger was the judgment I am now expecting my family members to make about her and me. They already think she is a "case" because they haven't lived their lives anywhere near her and haven't spent time building up unconditional love with her as their niece/granddaughter/etc.

So this is a case of MY ego being aroused due to MY expectations of being judged, and really has nothing to do with the selfie in question. The selfie itself does not have a life, but it is how we react to it. I am now climbing down a huge mountain of drama caused by my over-reaction to it, and I hope to meet my daughter on the other side of that.
Oh Melt, you are gorgeous and brave! I have seen a lot of ego surfacing in the last couple of weeks, my own included. It is the energies that are activating it. You have the best approach....owning it and working with it.

My ego is a long time friend who holds my wounds and pain and tries to defend me from more hurt. But it is tired so little by little it relinquishes it's pain and the wound is healed so there is no need to react or defend. I find that weeping out the pain from the original wound is the only way to clear it. But that is me, 5 planets in water. Others will have different ways.

Sending star love to you and your daughter

Attachments

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Interesting talk. Suzanne Spooner has an interesting qhht session where she interviews someones ego. I don't have the link handy but it dovetails with this talk. I'll look it up when I get home after work tonight.

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Marcy M

Just Arrived
Sep 17, 2016
A good book that I am reading at the moment on this subject is called "ego is the enemy" by Bryan Holliday. It amazes me how synchronistically the universe works. Thanks Laron for this article and all you provide for us searchers.

Henda

Mystic Healer and Astral Explorer Author
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Very interesting article Laron in synchronicity with my Thread in the forum about jalousy & envy
I have been always wondering why People are never satisfied with love as It is so simple to be only there. If you give Love attention and care to People without asking for anything They say You are simplistic and don't have self esteam
They don't understand that It comes From The inside and that when We have self esteam we also help others With It. I think that being in The Unconditional Space Is very good to create balance inside and have have the good part of ego to evolve on our spiritual Journey. What other think is definetly not very important. TY Laron
I love This article

Reactions: Lila and Laron

Anna

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 1, 2016
Thanks for the article. Its always good to be reminded how one can look after the direct experiences for work with ego and especially as it is so easy to escape with all influences etc. To participate in specific groups for discussing how to work with ego was a cool thing and probably a Good idea as its a taboo subject and not directly something in general discussed Over a cup of coffee even though it can be pretty entertaining.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)