Earthing (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

mamapaige

Involved Wayfarer
Dec 24, 2016
Hello wise friends,

I just started thinking about increasing my grounding through the use of an Earthing Mat system. As a family we try to get outside and barefoot or hands in the soil often in the summer months, but struggle to do so in the rainy and cold months in the PNW (US).

I have 2 autoimmune conditions and have read several testimonials of others who have seen immediate health, well-being, and restorative sleep results after sleeping on or connected to Earthing Mats.

I'm wondering if anyone has used one and if you might be so inclined, is love to hear your personal results and/or recommendations. They are spendy so I'm trying to think through all the options before buying. Also, would these be appropriate for use with children? Other considerations?

Thanks

(Not sure if I posted this in the correct forum, so feel free to move if it's better suited elsewhere.)

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I believe Bernie knows about this type of product.

Something else I've noticed that really affects my sleep in a good way is turning off all the electrical stuff I can in the bedroom. By that, I mean unplugged.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
I have never heard of earthing mats so cannot give any info about them, but I recently bought a Himalayan salt lamp. I have only been using it a few days and already feel much improvement. Of course it's early days I will need more time to prove it really is the lamp. Ive slept with it beside me for five nights and woke up completely refreshed. I always sleep well but for some time have'nt wanted to get up, just tired all the time. I kept putting down to advanced age but it was more than that? The lamps change the ions that all the electrical equipment give off from positive to negative. Positive ions cause anxiety among many other things. There are some good reviews from customers, some finding them beneficial for children. I have just received my second one today for the living room. I don't know if this is any help to you mamapaige, it might be worth a google. I'm really pleased with mine and they are beautiful to look at, giving a soft pinky glow. Beware of fakes though. Love and blessings.<3

OP
mamapaige

mamapaige

Involved Wayfarer
Dec 24, 2016
Thank you Linda and June! We do turn off wi-fi at night, but unplugging does sound good to me as well.

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your salt lamp. We love our lone salt lamp. It's been about 6 months of having it on 24/7 in the bedroom and I do feel calmer, allergies subsided, and my eczema cleared finally! I'd love to have a few more, perhaps in larger sizes.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
I agree with you about a larger size, I might go for that myself. I also find my breathing problem has improved, I believe with the lamp, also a Himalayan salt pipe. Just had a thought, if you unplug the electric you won't be able to have the lamp on.:)|

OP
mamapaige

mamapaige

Involved Wayfarer
Dec 24, 2016
I agree with you about a larger size, I might go for that myself. I also find my breathing problem has improved, I believe with the lamp, also a Himalayan salt pipe. Just had a thought, if you unplug the electric you won't be able to have the lamp on.:)|
Hehe. Maybe just salt lamps on! My kids would be elated to have their own. I've seen that they also make candle holders and salt blocks for cooking, although we haven't branched out with these.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
I too have the same problem mamapaige as I live in Scotland and it is way too cold to walk outside.

I have collected river stones and I bring them in from the garden where they have been charging and when they are warm I put my feet on them.

Instant electron transfer!

OP
mamapaige

mamapaige

Involved Wayfarer
Dec 24, 2016
I too have the same problem mamapaige as I live in Scotland and it is way too cold to walk outside.

I have collected river stones and I bring them in from the garden where they have been charging and when they are warm I put my feet on them.

Instant electron transfer!
What a great idea! I will need to do this.

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
Hello wise friends,

I just started thinking about increasing my grounding through the use of an Earthing Mat system. As a family we try to get outside and barefoot or hands in the soil often in the summer months, but struggle to do so in the rainy and cold months in the PNW (US).

I have 2 autoimmune conditions and have read several testimonials of others who have seen immediate health, well-being, and restorative sleep results after sleeping on or connected to Earthing Mats.

I'm wondering if anyone has used one and if you might be so inclined, is love to hear your personal results and/or recommendations. They are spendy so I'm trying to think through all the options before buying. Also, would these be appropriate for use with children? Other considerations?

Thanks

(Not sure if I posted this in the correct forum, so feel free to move if it's better suited elsewhere.)

mamapaige

There are many crystals too that can be carried, worn as jewelry, meditated with, have near you that will help with grounding. I have many and I will get up a new crystal thread focused on those. And they will be safe for your children too.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
mamapaige

There are many crystals too that can be carried, worn as jewelry, meditated with, have near you that will help with grounding. I have many and I will get up a new crystal thread focused on those. And they will be safe for your children too.
Let us make a clear distinction between "Earthing" and "grounding"

Earthing is a process of recharging the body with electrons that come from the Earth and are necessary for optimum health.

Grounding is the process of bringing your consciousness into the body.

If a crystal has been sitting in a house for months, it will not earth you because it will have shed it's electron charge!

Reactions: Stargazer

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
Let us make a clear distinction between "Earthing" and "grounding"

Earthing is a process of recharging the body with electrons that come from the Earth and are necessary for optimum health.

Grounding is the process of bringing your consciousness into the body.

If a crystal has been sitting in a house for months, it will not earth you because it will have shed it's electron charge!
Yes they will lose there charge if sitting for a while and that is exactly why they have to be recharged. Just like I said on another thread that crystals have to be recharged and some do that via the full moon, some with lightening, some with the sun and it is important to know which needs which.
Even letting them sit on the ground for a week will recharge them because they will be in contact with the earth herself.
But yes the best way for earthing is for the body itself to be in contact with the ground if possible hence why it is important to be barefoot as much as possible. Or even lay in the grass or on the dirt.

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
And I never said they didn't have to be charged. I said I would create a thread showing the best ones to use and within that thread I would explain deeper on what ways they need to be charged for maximum benefits

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I believe you can get Himalayan salt lamps in which one places a candle (tea light is what I've seen) which would not need to be plugged in.

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
I believe you can get Himalayan salt lamps in which one places a candle (tea light is what I've seen) which would not need to be plugged in.

This is true. I have one in my room. I also bought one for my mom, sister and dad the year before last with a bunch of tea lights.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
True but tea lights don't last very long before needing to be replaced and I am feeling so much benefit from my lamp I want it on 24/7, especially while I sleep. But as always we are individuals, what suits one doesn't suit another.

OP
mamapaige

mamapaige

Involved Wayfarer
Dec 24, 2016
mamapaige

Yes, I also love this idea! My boys are constantly borrowing my crystals and have started small collections of their own. I look forward to your new thread!

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I have had my salt lamps for 9 years now. They hold large candles within the salt frame. The salt erodes over time, but slowly. They are still beautiful.

Solnarehyah

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 3, 2016
Morton, Pennsylvania
Such great ideas everyone. I use Himalayan Salt lamps in the bedroom and Meditation room. I use stones and crystals as well that I regularly charge on earth or outdoors on windowsill.

I would also recommend this product. I first found out about this through Laron when I was facing issues wifi etc. It has so beautifully neutralized my house. One of it is enough for the entire building. http://geoclense.com/

Whenever it's a nice day, I lay with my chest down in the yard for few minutes while my kids either climb over me or next to me, If not barefoot then, just holding or touching soil should do the job. What about bringing that dirt in.

Thanks for starting this Post.

OP
mamapaige

mamapaige

Involved Wayfarer
Dec 24, 2016
"I would also recommend this product. I first found out about this through Laron when I was facing issues wifi etc. It has so beautifully neutralized my house. One of it is enough for the entire building. http://geoclense.com/"

Thanks for sharing! This product looks neat, but spendy for us right now. I am concerned about EMF exposures with my family. I also appreciate that you fit in grounding time with your children.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)