Dune (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I watched last night on TV. I will not say much because people may not have seen it yet.

Great sets, costumes, and special effects. Mostly good acting. Pretty much the same as the previous version.

However - here's some important news!

The movie is 2.5 hours long and only tells half the story. That's right; it ends with Paul and Lady Jessica finding the Fremen after the Harkonen attack. Part 2 has a tentative release date of 2023. WTAF!

Also, the sound is VERY uneven and was glad I was watching on TV. Although it would have been great on a big movie screen, I ended up watching it with the remote in my hand and thumb on the volume control.

• Thank you!
Reactions: Lila
OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I watched it a few nights back and was most impressed. It actually went beyond my expectations. The ending however was a bit slow, as in the last section of the movie compared to the rest of it.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
I watched the 1984 version earlier this year. I wonder why they broke this new version in to 2 parts? The 1984 version runtime seemed just fine. But there were so many darn characters! It was like a space opera.

Reactions: Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Some friends and I read it in our college days - a paperback that must have been 2 inches thick. Lots of characters - you bet - three worlds, an empire, and two established religions/beliefs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)