Drop Vegetable Oil From Your Diet (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
We've talked about the value of using olive and coconut oil for cooking in several posts, but I wanted to share this article as much for the info as for who wrote it. It is no surprise that many vegetable oils are not all that they seem. Some contain contaminants and canola is one of those GMO polluted crops. The author of the article, Catherine Shanahan, is a family physician in Denver who also consults with the LA Lakers on nutrition. Ok now, that is pretty mainstream.

“The way the oils have been treated strips away the antioxidants,” says Shanahan. As a result, the balance between disease-fighting antioxidants and free radicals is tipped in favor of free radicals, which have been shown to cause disease growth. (It’s important to note that Shanahan’s claims have a foundation in previous studies, but most of her specific ideas have not been scientifically tested themselves.)

And here is the kicker about Girl Scout cookies...... s:p

The European Food Safety Authority issued a report in May warning against high levels of contaminants in palm oil, an inexpensive vegetable oil used in Nutella, margarine and Girl Scout cookies, among other treats. The report cautioned against potential gerotoxins and carcinogens that are created when the oil is heated over roughly 400 degrees Fahrenheit during the refining process. The EFSA announced last week that it is going to re-examine the warning.

A rep for Ferrero, the company that makes Nutella, tells The Post that the palm oil used in the chocolate spread is refined at a lower heat, and therefore contains fewer contaminants. The Girl Scouts say they are aware of potential risks and are working closely with their bakers to determine if there is any cause for concern.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/31/eating-vegetable-oils-could-lead-to-fatigue-migraines-and-dementia/

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Not only is palm oil bad to eat it's even worse to produce. There are more than 300 football fields of rainforest cleared every hour to produce it.

"The industry is linked to major issues such as deforestation, habitat degradation, climate change, animal cruelty and indigenous rights abuses in the countries where it is produced, as the land and forests must be cleared for the development of the oil palm plantations. According to the World Wildlife Fund, an area the equivalent size of 300 football fields of rainforest is cleared each hour to make way for palm oil production. This large-scale deforestation is pushing many species to extinction, and findings show that if nothing changes species like the orangutan could become extinct in the wild within the next 5-10 years, and Sumatran tigers less than 3 years. "

http://www.saynotopalmoil.com/Whats_the_issue.php

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Maybe we should have a post entitled For heaven's sake don't eat palm oil.

Actually, I think this info and article will reach a very large audience. First of all, it was published in the NY Times, which is an establishment news source. Then, this doctor works with the LA Lakers, which are well known by many. Also, Kobe Bryant credits her with getting his health (through diet) in good shape, and many people follow and admire him.

I see articles like this as a breach in a dam. People like us and websites like Waking Times have spoken on this issue and gained a few followers at a time. An article like this one, creates a path that lets this info flow into the mainstream world.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I know for long about the evil palm oil being one of the worst to take.

But I used and use canola oil for frypan food sometimes (although I rarely fry sth nowadays).

I also use flaxseed oil together with organic curcumin (tumeric) and organic pepper because it is the best combination for bio-active intake to improve your digestion and gut and a lot more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)