Dream of mountain lion (2 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Two mornings ago, I awoke from a powerful dream. I was still breathing hard and filled with purpose and anxiety. Like I said - a powerful dream.

I was walking around the outskirts of a mountain town when I saw a mountain lion with 3 cubs. She was carrying them on her back, and one slipped off into a small, fast moving stream that ran into the town. Mom ran after it, and I did, too because I was worried about the intersection of a mother lion and the people. She got the cub out of the water, but there were people around getting anxious. I communicated to the lion that she needed to leave immediately (before official types arrived and did something stupid). I was running with her back up the street to make sure she had safe passage, but the cub that fell into the stream was having a tough time. I scooped up the cub and put it inside my coat and continued running with the mom. She kept her eyes on me, and I was very nervous about the whole situation. Finally, we got to the forest beyond the town. I set the cub down (which was almost dry) near her, and they all went off into the woods.

Obviously I was not going back to sleep anytime soon, so I got up and reflected on the dream. I knew I was the mountain lion. This makes sense to me because I've had experiences with the lion people, and I can see why I would pick a "local" lion as a symbol. The cubs represented gifts, ideas, etc. that are in the young stages.

Why the drama of a near miss for the lion and cubs and why was I there to help? The night before I'd been reading stuff about Weinstein and was most unhappy with the people who made millions with him but said they did not know. These people were just as complicit because they maintained the environment where powerful money-makers are given a free pass.

I realized that I had gotten too involved in this issue and was not looking at it from a neutral, observer stance, but from an emotional one. Coming down into the place of all the turmoil was not doing me any good.

Message received.

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
I realized that I had gotten too involved in this issue and was not looking at it from a neutral, observer stance, but from an emotional one.
I feel you hit it there Linda. If I look at the astrological sign of Leo -the lion- that it has to do with love, admiration, royalty, performing arts, the limelight, and try to analyze your dream from that perspective. I felt that Leo represents Weinstein very well, plus the lion loosing one of the cubs (loosing the admiration, loyalty, his status, etc.) and in the water (emotional currents) can give us another clue, the people getting nervous with the disclosures and then the lion going back into the woods (disappearing from sight, etc.) may be another clue that you sure kept going in your mind with the story and doing a "replay" in your dreams replacing characters with universal symbols.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Were the mama lion + you different aspects of yourself? For that matter were the cubs too?

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Carl raised some interesting points. However, since I felt aligned with the lion and cared for one of the cubs, I felt they were aspects of me, as Lila said. The water representing emotions makes a lot of sense to me because I had gone over into the emotional side of the story.

I worked in a male dominated field and had my share of encounters with sleazy men. Most of the time there was little that could be done because they were senior to me, money makers, or clients. Many times I was the only woman in the room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)