Dream Cat (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Last night's dream was all about cats (even though I had my small dog sleeping in her bed not too far from me). There were plenty of cats in the dream that I was tickling and chasing (at least 4) and then one very specially coloured cat made an appearance. I have searched high and low and I don't think this cat exists anywhere on this plane of existence, the colouring is not found on Earth.

The cat was white, gray and Yellow! He/she did a beautiful yoga asana (like Salute to the Sun), which showed off the gorgeous colouring on the profile. The type of stretch I mean is putting the front paws out straight and bending deep to the floor with the chest, with the hind legs and buttocks still standing.

On my trip around the internet, I found this cat (yes, genetically designed, but real and alive):

496E45BF00000578-5416871-Even_split_The_adorable_pet_has_black_fur_on_most_of_its_body_He-a-1_...jpg

OK, so my grey, white and yellow cat was not like this. Maybe more like this:

th5X6SSXLS.jpg

But this is the colour yellow:

thCMT34365.jpg

And this is what he was doing:

thRS9UE7OJ.jpg thNQDWA9GD.jpg th9BRGHCRM.jpg

(couldn't resist putting that last one...)

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Seems like you were enjoying playful companions - very cool.

Reactions: Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
13851A27-CC84-4318-92DC-7A46C09B109E.jpeg

The only thing I can find about cats’ fur turning yellow is if they are jaundiced. I wonder if that is a clue for anything for you?

Kevin C

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 27, 2016
SoCal
I think you might have met Bastet, the Egyptian cat god:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d9/Bastet.svg/2000px-Bastet.svg.png

Fits your grey, white and yellow description.

Sample explanation:
Bastet is the Egyptian goddess of the home, domesticity, women's secrets, cats, fertility, and childbirth. She protected the home from evil spirits and disease, especially diseases associated with women and children. As with many Egyptian deities, she also played a role in the afterlife as a guide and helper to the dead although this was not one of her primary duties. She was the daughter of the sun god Ra and is associated with the concept of the Eye of Ra (the all-seeing eye) and the Distant Goddess (a female deity who leaves Ra and returns to bring transformation).
https://www.ancient.eu/Bastet/

Reactions: Anaeika and Linda
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I think you might have met Bastet, the Egyptian cat god:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d9/Bastet.svg/2000px-Bastet.svg.png

Fits your grey, white and yellow description.

Sample explanation:
Bastet is the Egyptian goddess of the home, domesticity, women's secrets, cats, fertility, and childbirth. She protected the home from evil spirits and disease, especially diseases associated with women and children. As with many Egyptian deities, she also played a role in the afterlife as a guide and helper to the dead although this was not one of her primary duties. She was the daughter of the sun god Ra and is associated with the concept of the Eye of Ra (the all-seeing eye) and the Distant Goddess (a female deity who leaves Ra and returns to bring transformation).
https://www.ancient.eu/Bastet/
Thanks for the insight. The concept and colours really fit. The other cats I was playing with were not very old - perhaps year-old kittens. So makes sense Mother would be around! Being the daughter of sun god Ra explains the yellow aspect. The cat I saw had medium to long hair - not so long it draped, but long enough to get a shimmy when she moved.

Reactions: Anaeika

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
OP, One of my neighbors has a cat that is many colors including a light brown which looks like gold. However it is not the brighter, washed out yellow you have in your post.

Reactions: Snowmelt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)