Dr. Raymond Moody's Books (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Well, I just finished reading two of Dr. Raymond Moody's books, "Life After Life" and "The Light Beyond". Dr. Moody is widely considered to be the "father" of the NDE and is recognized as a pioneer in near-death investigation.

I originally read "Life After Life" (1976) many years ago, probably only a few years after it originally came out--and I've been fan of his work ever since. In my opinion, it's a "must read", for anyone interested in NDE or metaphysical issues. It contains a great deal of information about the Near-Death Experience phenomena, as well as a large number of accounts that describe these experiences. It also explores the issue from historical and scientific standpoints.

His sequel, "The Light Beyond" (1988) provides a glimpse into the world after his first book was published and examines what affect it had in the years after. He writes about how knowledge of the NDE has provided a sense of comfort and peace for many people and how it has changed many lives. As one whose life has been changed by these materials, I can personally attest to their importance! In this second book, Moody also writes about children and NDEs, the NDE compared to mental illness (and he clearly illustrates that these experiences are NOT signs of mental illness), and the experiences and the works of several other noteworthy NDE investigators.

I found the second book to be quite interesting, although not quite as illuminating or influential as the first.

Both are excellent reads, however and I highly recommend them!

AngelicView

Involved Wayfarer
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Thank you for the thread and the information, Stargazer! I can totally agree with you that reading about this subject is life-changing! I think these people have gone there and have seen behind the veil for a reason - to come back and tell us about it. Those of us who have stumbled upon the information and felt intrigued enough to investigate further have found such illuminous information for our lives - here and beyond!

<3 <3 <3
:tswg

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)