Does glass in a quartz crystal shape still work like quartz? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
There are some Asian sellers selling perfectly clear "quartz" crystals very cheap. I suspect they are just cut glass. Will these still work as quartz does because of the shape? Or do I really need real quartz?

Would the quartz-shaped glass be useful for anything besides looking nice?

Reactions: Alain and Anaeika

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I never really looked into this. It seems that how you feel about it tells you a lot about what you might expect and that is personal information each of us gets for themselves.
Myself, I find that the cut glass tends to look beautiful and have little 'feel' to it.

Obsidian is a kind of glass, more or less and I can never forget having the great good luck to visit a field of obsidian mixed with pumice from an old lava flow. I wanted to sit there all day. It felt so beautiful, like great booming bass notes thrumming through me on an almost imperceptible level.
Lots of obsidian came home with us:ROFL:

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Will these still work as quartz does because of the shape? Or do I really need real quartz?
So it's entirely different to quartz if it's glass, however, glass can be crystallized (see below).

I came across this excellent answer to the question on Quora, "Why is glass not a crystal?"

Glass is usually not a crystal. But glass can also be made by a net of crystals. The differentiation will appear in the processing of the materials.​
Glass can not be classified as a crystal when it is in its amorphous phase. That means that the silicon dioxide will not be organized at long molecular ranges. It will be a mess. A random mess, thus amorphous. That is the glass we usually make windows and glasses out of.​
The definition of a crystal states that a crystal is a solid material whose atoms or molecules are ordered in a highly arranged microscopic structure.​
However, given the right conditions and the correct additives, glass can be crystallized. That means that the molecules that compose glass itself will be aligned and organized at long molecular ranges. This means that the structure of the glass won't be a mess anymore, assuring some better properties, such as higher mechanical resistance, more precisely its Yield Modulus. And this way the glass is also going to break into little pieces, like we see in bathrooms.​

And this is good info here:

"Glass is not a crystal. Like quartz, glass is composed of silicon dioxide, and both materials are clear in their purest state. The difference is in the way they form. Quartz forms very gradually, aligning its molecules one by one into a perfect crystal lattice. In contrast, glass forms when the silicon is heated and quickly cooled, either by the earth or by man. The quickly cooled molecules have no time to form a lattice, and instead solidify with no particular pattern.

So the question sometimes comes up: Since crystal healing works by aligning the perfect structure of crystals with the energy field of the human body, does glass even have metaphysical properties? What, if anything, are the various forms of glass good for?" (https://mimosaspirit.com/glass-has-properties-too/)

And like Lila touched on, natural forms of glass are different again and have various properties.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Glass can not be classified as a crystal when it is in its amorphous phase. That means that the silicon dioxide will not be organized at long molecular ranges. It will be a mess. A random mess, thus amorphous. That is the glass we usually make windows and glasses out of.
The definition of a crystal states that a crystal is a solid material whose atoms or molecules are ordered in a highly arranged microscopic structure.​
...and my understanding of obsidian is that it is organized, though less so than other crystalline structures. I saw a picture of it once that made this very clear. I'll see if I can find something similar.

Edit: I also like this thought from the first comment below the article you quote, Laron:
"A brick wall could be an example of a crystal structure magnified a million times. "
I like that it takes the idea of what a crystal is, it's very ordered state (like a brick wall made of many very well ordered bricks), and then makes it many orders of magnitude bigger; each brick being made of many, many, many, many molecules which are each made up of many atoms.

Reactions: Alain and Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
CrystalSong , do you have any thoughts on this? I know you can feel crystals quite strongly.

Reactions: Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I'll jump in since stones and crystals have called to me all my life - sometimes in stores but often they appear at my feet. We live on a granite outcrop with quartz and amethyst all around, as well as lava.

Stones have their own molecular components, which is why diamonds have many uses other than decoration. So that is physical side.

Then there is the mystical side, which is why I believe some call to me. I cannot tell you how many of my stories begin with "I was just looking down, and .....". Glass is made from sand and volcanic action, as Lila mentioned, so there might be something to it. I have not had an experience with glass shaped like a piece of quartz.

My last adventure was with some Arkansas quartz, which caused quite a physical reaction - heat, buzzing, euphoria.

A couple interesting stories are in this forum. https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/buying-a-crystal-online.5562/ and https://www.transients.info/roundtable/threads/say-hello-to-my-new-beauty-ocean-jasper.3811/

If we are energy sensitive we can sense energy from glass, however a direct compare between a piece of glass cut to the exact size and shape as a quartz crystal will quickly show the glass one has far less energy output than the actual crystal. Part of that comes from the fact the glass will not have a spiral helix inside which spins and amplifies the energy thus attracting more back in quicker (think - a tiny motor) Now if we toss in something like a Shautze crystal (made made) we will notice it produces more energy than the glass but not as much as the naturally grown crystal.
Also there is sentience, naturally formed crystal has sentience, glass does not, or at least not more than the collective atoms of its structure, whereas crystals are evolving as a race on their own Ascension line, and are capable of interacting with humans, the energy in their environment and each other.

That's the short answer...a whole text book could probably be written on the differences of quartz crystals and glass. :)

There are some Asian sellers selling perfectly clear "quartz" crystals very cheap. I suspect they are just cut glass. Will these still work as quartz does because of the shape? Or do I really need real quartz?

Would the quartz-shaped glass be useful for anything besides looking nice?
They are most likely lab grown crystals, a lot of these come out of Asia, and the USA makes a lot to support our whole electronics industry as every electronic device there is requires a crystal in it. They can be lab grown with heat and pressure and then sliced into disks faster and cheaper than mining them.

Some Tibetan Monks (Chinese since the fall of Tibet) also grow lab crystals and wrap them with wires and bless them and sell them to unsuspecting people for small fortunes. I once went to a group where a woman brought in a set of these beautiful and expensive wands and a whole group of us got to test them. While the monks blessings did add more energy to them they were not as powerful as naturally grown crystals nor could they telepathically interact with us. They felt 'barely alive' and that aliveness came from the blessings not the lab grown crystals which were just short of completely inert and unanimated.

OP
therium

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
as every electronic device there is requires a crystal in it.
Just a little clarification: only electronic items that keep use a timer, or keep time somehow, need a crystal. My lithium battery charger boards do not require a crystal as it does not have to keep time. A device to turn a light off and on at certain times does. An oven that has a countdown timer does. These electronic crystals resonate at specific frequencies, like X times per second. 16.75 hertz resonates at 16.75 times per second. They are usually enclosed in silver "cans" that look like a rectangle with round ends.

Here are a variety of crystals in various "packages". Top row, second from left is a common type.

Reactions: Anaeika

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Just a little clarification: only electronic items that keep use a timer, or keep time somehow, need a crystal.
I remember when watches used to advertise their crystal technolgy; 'quartz timepieces' were all the rage for a while.

Reactions: Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Thank you CrystalSong . That intuitively makes a lot of sense. Even Dolores Cannon books talk of consciousness inside a crystal, (a person regressed under hypnosis who remembered life as a crystal.)

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
And also thank you too Linda too. Your insights are really insightful. I like to ask people who actually feel them. It has only happened to me once. If I ever becomed attuned to them, will let you know.

Reactions: Lila

Alain

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Aug 29, 2017
here another thing that popped up in my head, so there are people who like to buy their articles fake ones in letting link it is real so a black stone to be protected as necklace and to find out later that it was colored black and left only skin irriations.

this taken into account the doubt is justified in my eyes

funny at how point all day a new piece of knowledge arrives at our hands

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)