DNA Testing (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Would you take a DNA test for the purpose of discovering your ethnicity?

• Yes

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
R

roundtablemember

I've heard there is a thriving intergalactic trade in human DNA. Probably aborted human embryos. They can do all sorts of things with your DNA, maybe even clone you. You wouldn't want to have unauthorised clones of yourself running around all over the place. Yes, this is very way out information and I don't expect people to believe me but it's best not to give samples of your DNA to other people.

OP
Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
Respectfully, we will have to agree to disagree on some of your information & sources roundtablemember (& I am ok with that), but I'm really not interested in debating my personal choices with anyone or requesting permission for them because that was not my intention for this thread.

You are entitled to your opinion & I 100% respect that, but your truth and mine are obviously very different. I'm not trying to force you or anyone else to agree with my views though as it is not my place or responsibility to change anyone. The only obligation I have is to myself, & I was just trying to start a conversation about something significant to me at this point in time without expecting a lecture. My apologies if that's not how you meant it but that's how it came across to me. I may also just be tired though & reacting emotionally. No offence intended on my part, tone is just difficult to convey through text.

To avoid continuing along this path as it is obvious to me that we do not see eye to eye & I do not wish to engage in any possible confrontation, I think the above is all I will say on those particular matters if that's ok.

FWIW though, I am quite comfortable with my discernment, so you can choose to allow things to impact you in whatever way you see fit, & I will do that same. :)

Barbara Clifford

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Hi all. Think I've got something to contribute here. I did DNA testing - twice. First with 23andme.com, and then with ancestry.com. They both came out with the same exact info, except that 23andme went back the longest - 40,000 years. As an adoptee, I was surprised by the results, but I suppose based on what I've always been drawn to, they made sense.

OP
Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
Hi all. Think I've got something to contribute here. I did DNA testing - twice. First with 23andme.com, and then with ancestry.com. They both came out with the same exact info, except that 23andme went back the longest - 40,000 years. As an adoptee, I was surprised by the results, but I suppose based on what I've always been drawn to, they made sense.
Thank you Barbara! That's fascinating information & raises a lot of new questions! Lol.

Reactions: Stargazer

Lois

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Personally I'd be really interested to trace my genetic family back through their journeys around the planet. It's sort of like a photo album of old relatives you've never met but make you who you are - in my case I know there's a marker from around the Black Sea in Turkey about 10,000 years ago (as I have blue eyes and this is when and where those first appeared in humans); I'm blonde and fair so there might well be some Neaderthal dna in there too; and eventually I guess I'd get to see when my first ancestors stepped out of Africa...

And yes I believe we are all fragments of divine source/God/oneness pulling itself back into unity and singularity, but... If this life is something the divine has chosen to experience why not experience it as fully as possible?

Also, I personally don't worry over much about my dna being harvested - I shed hair and skin cells everyday, I use public transport, touch things in shops, drink and eat out, flush my waste down the toilet and wash my hands in a sink... There are a million ways a malevolent agency could get my genetic material (and unless you live like Howard Hughes yours too), a cheek swab is probably neither here nor there. My dna is scattered all over the place. Just from normal living.

K

KarlaSM

I had not thought about the privacy/data implications, but I would not do it either way, no DNA test for a few reasons. I know that as someone coming from two Mexican families, the ethnicity is very straightforward: some native tribes and Spanish blood, and then Spanish blood is in itself a mixture of many others like muslim/jewish/christian european...etc.

The other reason is because I am more interested in soul connections and God. Personally I discovered through a sequence and also information given in meditation that there is no clear delimitation as to what soul groups are, unlike the concept that has been handled for so long. It is not something that people even have to think much about or even myself because the end result is the same: we all come from same energy and physical body is a condensed version of that energy, and we all have a unique soul vibration. But for the mere purpose of experiences, there is the following sequence that is based on the principle of Feminine-Masculine polarity,which is also paradoxical because each being has both, but you know...the part about having a gender in physical is related in a way to the sequence of Creation: 1...2...4....8...16...etc. What does this mean? That Creation happened in a process of soul mitosis, first two large balls then each ball is split into two and on and on and on and on until you have the individuals or souls that make up Cosmos. Below you can see an image that I found that is like a little piece of evidence for the sequence. :)

However, I guess that is is interesting to do a DNA test when someone knows there might be a lot of diversity in their physical makeup. I know of someone who was for years and might still be completely obsessed with her DNA test lol.

Another reason is past lives, if one recalls past lives living in other countries of civilizations it might invalidate a DNA test in our current incarnation if we see it from the perspective of continuous experiences of the soul. Although not sure yet if there is a connection between current incarnation and DNA and past lives...something else that I have wondered for a while...

mitosis.jpg

Candice

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
London, United Kingdom
Can't wait to hear about your results, Brooke! I have been talking about having this done for some time now but, like you, was a bit apprehensive over the data/privacy side.

Curiosity is sparked for many reasons with me: a long history of family immigration (traced back to the Corsairs of St Malo, France in the early 1700s on one side, and witches burned at the stake in Devon, Cornwall on the other before the trails ran cold); I have rhesus negative blood type and heterachromia eyes, both of which are strange oddities when looking at the science. Always been curious about genealogy, ancients and how/why I am where (and who) I am and have always felt in some way a closer study of my DNA may help fill in some gaps and help me towards finding a sense of my current life purpose (among many other avenues)

Looking forward to hearing about your results - I may sign up for one shortly thereafter! :)<3

Reactions: Brian and Brooke
P

Peggyd

Hi everyone, I was interested in finding out about the origins and migratory patterns of my ancestors. After doing some research, I had my DNA tested through the Genographic Project. It took about two months to get the results back, it was worth the wait. The results are also updated as more participant results are added to the study. I personally thought my roots were from Germany and Spain and it turned out they are from Denmark and Tuscany. As with all of these types of tests, if you are a female and there is a male available in your family who wouldn't mind doing the test you will get info from both sides of your parents lineage. Following are two segments which you might find useful:

Borrowed from https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/faq/participation-testing-results/

I’ve had my DNA tested through other genetic testing sites like Ancestry.com and 23andMe. How do my Genographic Project results differ from theirs, and why?
The Genographic Project is a research project of the National Geographic Society, which encompasses work carried out by our scientific team to elucidate new patterns of human migration, as well as public testing through the participation kits. Our testing focuses on deep ancestry from an anthropological perspective. It is not primarily a genealogy testing service, such as that offered by Ancestry.com, although you do have the option of seeing how you are related to other participants in the Our Story section. 23andMe is primarily a medically focused testing company, examining markers that are associated with disease risk. While they do offer some insights into ancestry, that is not their primary focus. The genetic technology we use for our testing is a custom-designed genotyping chip optimized for the study of ancestry, with far more Y-chromosome and mtDNA markers than are available with any other test. Our autosomal markers are similarly optimized for inferring ancestry, rather than medical testing, and we feel that it is the best technology available for this purpose.

Borrowed From http://blog.23andme.com/23andme-and-you/whose-y-to-use-paternal-ancestry-for-ladies/

Not all DNA is created equal, however: males have both mitochondrial DNA AND a Y chromosome, so they can trace both their maternal and paternal ancestry. Females, who have mitochondrial DNA but no Y chromosome, can trace only their maternal ancestry.

So how can females discover their paternal history? One solution is to ‘borrow’ the Y chromosome of her most immediate paternal ancestor – her father. A female can have her father send his own DNA sample to 23andMe, then examine his Y chromosome as a way of understanding his paternal ancestry and her own.

But what if a woman’s father can’t or won’t share his DNA? By sharing 23andMe accounts with the right male relative, a woman can still discover both her maternal and paternal ancestry.

So whose DNA can a female customer use, besides her father’s? It could be anyone who shares his Y chromosome – her brother, paternal uncle (father’s brother), or even paternal grandfather (father’s father).

Reactions: Brooke
OP
Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
Thanks Peggy! I did have a look into the National Geographic one but I didn't feel as comfortable with it so I just went with the basic Ancestry test. Not sure why it didn't resonate, it was just an "off" feeling I got that turned me off. Perhaps it was all the changes that occurred after it was taken over by Fox? Regardless, I'm glad you liked it and I appreciate you offering your experience! Perhaps I will reconsider if I don't get the results I'm hoping for. I probably should have just asked my brother to do it instead though for more accuracy lol.

Diane

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
I did the 23andme DNA test last year. I think I was hoping to find something exciting and exotic in my heritage....99.9% Northwestern European .01% Unassigned....no exciting surprises for me :(

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Another reason is past lives, if one recalls past lives living in other countries of civilizations it might invalidate a DNA test in our current incarnation if we see it from the perspective of continuous experiences of the soul. Although not sure yet if there is a connection between current incarnation and DNA and past lives...something else that I have wondered for a while...

View attachment 96
From my perspective, on the spiritual side we most certainly have a "soul memory" of past lives, etc., but I don't feel that precludes our connections with our current physical bodies. In other words, I feel we inherit both soul memories (perhaps through our Akashic Record or subtle bodies) and cellular memories (through our physical body and its genetic lineage). I've also considered the possibility that we may actually BE our own ancestors. For example, I don't rule out the possibility that I am not only physically connected through my current genetics to a great-great grandmother or grandfather, I may actually BE him or her, reincarnated--and still working on challenges or karma that he or she (or I) may have not resolved in that particular life.

Where strictly the physical body and DNA are concerned, I also consider the possibility (or in my feeling, the great likelihood) that we chose our current parents and this particular physical body because they would best contribute to the lessons and growth we wished to experience in this life. If, for example, my soul wished to experience the challenges of or simply experience being a person of a certain race or culture, part of it might choose to incarnate in that type of family. After all, what better way is there to experience all the different possibilities?

Finally, I know this may be waaaay out there for some, but I've also considered the idea that we may be born into a particular genetic line to help CLEAR some karmic or other blockages that may exist in that particular family. For example, if I'm born into a particular family, perhaps a part of my "soul mission" is to inherit cellular memories of something that my ancestors dealt with so that perhaps I can "clear" that in this life. The 3D equivalent to this would be like if I harmed someone in this life and died, then my son helped them heal and make things right on my behalf. I really feel this is what's going on with many so-called "Light Workers" today (including myself). We're working to clear out a lot of the negative "muck" that we and others have created in the past, so we can hopefully serve as a positive example for others. In this way, humanity can begin to heal itself and move forward.

By investigating our genetic, physical roots (either through family records or DNA testing) we may be able to gain greater insights into the experiences we and our ancestors may have had, and see how these factors may be affecting us in our current "now".

In the end, to gain the most from this earthly experience we're having, I strongly feel that we need to pay attention to both our spiritual and physical heritages--for in this expression of 3D-ness we are both spiritual and physical beings.

<3

Last edited:
OP
Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
I did the 23andme DNA test last year. I think I was hoping to find something exciting and exotic in my heritage....99.9% Northwestern European .01% Unassigned....no exciting surprises for me :(
Interesting! I wonder what that 0.01% is though o_O

@Stargazer I am of a similar mindset to you. I am always open to new perspectives but for the time being I am of the belief that we chose our current incarnations, & I believe many of us chose to enter the families we did so as to clear as much "karma" in our current life as possible, for ourselves and for others :)

K

KarlaSM

Omg my friend I so much agree with what you say in here. It has been basically things that I have also been lead to understand. See I know you have such an amazing connection to your heart and your soul!! Very impressive and detailed explanation of so much that we are here to do.

Sometimes I have thought about the same idea, that going back to certain points in time, perhaps I am in some way my own ancestor lol.

Some time ago, I watched a video by Kryon, in which he explains how originally there was a specific "order" within families, and that at some point that order was changed as to expand and seek knowledge and experience and share wisdom with other families. It resonated a lot because for example, I have lots of memories with people that I never met in this lifetime in physical or online, yet they are always there and there is always this connection in spirit, that leads me to heal all the time karmic patterns with them. But then, just like how you mention, with my current physical family, I see that many of the karmic patterns are actually the same ones that were played out with the, lets say in this case, original family.

And then comes lots of other connections that are grouped in very interesting ways. So we have expanded in lots of ways over time. So even though we know that we all come from same energy, equally, there is still this very interesting component about our history and so much is discovered both through the physical DNA and through the etheric DNA which gives access to the Akasha.

Great insights my friend!!! <3 <3 <3

From my perspective, on the spiritual side we most certainly have a "soul memory" of past lives, etc., but I don't feel that precludes our connections with our current physical bodies. In other words, I feel we inherit both soul memories (perhaps through our Akashic Record or subtle bodies) and cellular memories (through our physical body and its genetic lineage). I've also considered the possibility that we may actually BE our own ancestors. For example, I don't rule out the possibility that I am not only physically connected through my current genetics to a great-great grandmother or grandfather, I may actually BE him or her, reincarnated--and still working on challenges or karma that he or she (or I) may have not resolved in that particular life.

Where strictly the physical body and DNA are concerned, I also consider the possibility (or in my feeling, the great likelihood) that we chose our current parents and this particular physical body because they would best contribute to the lessons and growth we wished to experience in this life. If, for example, my soul wished to experience the challenges of or simply experience being a person of a certain race or culture, part of it might choose to incarnate in that type of family. After all, what better way is there to experience all the different possibilities?

Finally, I know this may be waaaay out there for some, but I've also considered the idea that we may be born into a particular genetic line to help CLEAR some karmic or other blockages that may exist in that particular family. For example, if I'm born into a particular family, perhaps a part of my "soul mission" is to inherit cellular memories of something that my ancestors dealt with so that perhaps I can "clear" that in this life. The 3D equivalent to this would be like if I harmed someone in this life and died, then my son helped them heal and make things right on my behalf. I really feel this is what's going on with many so-called "Light Workers" today (including myself). We're working to clear out a lot of the negative "muck" that we and others have created in the past, so we can hopefully serve as a positive example for others. In this way, humanity can begin to heal itself and move forward.

By investigating our genetic, physical roots (either through family records or DNA testing) we may be able to gain greater insights into the experiences we and our ancestors may have had, and see how these factors may be affecting us in our current "now".

In the end, to gain the most from this earthly experience we're having, I strongly feel that we need to pay attention to both our spiritual and physical heritages--for in this expression of 3D-ness we are both spiritual and physical beings.

<3

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Omg my friend I so much agree with what you say in here. It has been basically things that I have also been lead to understand. See I know you have such an amazing connection to your heart and your soul!! Very impressive and detailed explanation of so much that we are here to do.

Sometimes I have thought about the same idea, that going back to certain points in time, perhaps I am in some way my own ancestor lol.

Some time ago, I watched a video by Kryon, in which he explains how originally there was a specific "order" within families, and that at some point that order was changed as to expand and seek knowledge and experience and share wisdom with other families. It resonated a lot because for example, I have lots of memories with people that I never met in this lifetime in physical or online, yet they are always there and there is always this connection in spirit, that leads me to heal all the time karmic patterns with them. But then, just like how you mention, with my current physical family, I see that many of the karmic patterns are actually the same ones that were played out with the, lets say in this case, original family.

And then comes lots of other connections that are grouped in very interesting ways. So we have expanded in lots of ways over time. So even though we know that we all come from same energy, equally, there is still this very interesting component about our history and so much is discovered both through the physical DNA and through the etheric DNA which gives access to the Akasha.

Great insights my friend!!! <3 <3 <3
*blush*

Thank you so much, Karla! I do love the discussions here...they're such great opportunities for all of us to share, learn, and grow! It's so nice to be able to talk about topics like this with others who share a passion for them too. Goodness knows, most of my family and friends think I'm a nut with all my books, questions, and musings! Maybe they're right...but it's all good. I don't mind a bit--as long as I have friends like you and everyone else here who "get" me--or can at least hum a few bars and fake it! LOL...

<3 <3 <3

K

KarlaSM

Haha!! We are a team Stargazer, and nutness is the new level of consciousness...its cool. We are like groups of researchers figuring out unsolved mysteries and it is all so worth it. ;) :p<3:D

*blush*

Thank you so much, Karla! I do love the discussions here...they're such great opportunities for all of us to share, learn, and grow! It's so nice to be able to talk about topics like this with others who share a passion for them too. Goodness knows, most of my family and friends think I'm a nut with all my books, questions, and musings! Maybe they're right...but it's all good. I don't mind a bit--as long as I have friends like you and everyone else here who "get" me--or can at least hum a few bars and fake it! LOL...

<3 <3 <3

OP
Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
That's awesome Laron! I'm so happy for him! What an exciting discovery for him :)

Ive been meaning to post actually because I was sent the following link & thought I would share it here for those who are interested in Lynn (from psychic focus)'s take on DNA tests. I think it is pretty close to how I feel about them too.

http://psychicfocus.blogspot.com/2016/08/voluntary-donation-of-dna.html?m=1

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I noticed that reading the other day. It makes sense to me. I did mention the marketing angle somewhere , maybe on this thread, and that was just something that popped into mind, not something I had read somewhere so was interesting to see Lynn include it in the reading.

OP
Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
Yeah. At the end of the day, our data is being collected constantly for all different reasons & nothing is really private anymore. It sucks, but I think the trade off in this instance is worth it for me personally. We shall see after I get my results though lol.

Reactions: Stargazer and Laron

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Yes, I have done it through 23&me and then had the results interpreted medically by livewello. It has helped me tremendously with learning how my body works and my naturopathic dr was able to put me on the right supplements to feel healthy and thus avoid pharmaceuticals.

OP
Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
Angela not yet, although my husband did get his the other week. I'm not sure why mine is taking so long but I'm becoming increasingly more impatient with every day that passes haha.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
This has been a very informative thread, and given me something to think about. Synchronistically, this is the third time today DNA has come up (meaning ancestry/bloodlines) for me. My daughter was asking about her green eyes after hearing Simon Parkes on radio discuss about eye colour and DNA/bloodlines. I have the RH neg blood type, green eyes, and a known ancestry on the maternal side going back to Louis XVI of France (ancestor was an illegitimate son, who had a title of Count, but only saved his head by fleeing France in 1790 and coming to Australia, then the Colony of New South Wales, on the Second Fleet as a Soldier of the Rum Corps). But then on my father's side it also leads back to the French with Norman ancestors.

Stargazer's post is a very balanced view. I've always thought the soul history more important than family/genetics, which went against the grain with my Mum who loved her ancestry. After reading this thread, I'm starting to open up a bit on that view I've held for a long time, which I see now is a bit fixated.

As far as my soul DNA and possible hybridization, I think I'll wait for Full Disclosure and the potential meet up with soul family! That will be a mind-blowing occasion!

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
OP
Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
Well, interestingly enough Hailstones Melt, I was trying to get on here on 9/9 to let everyone know I received my results on that day but I didn't get a chance!

I have to say I am quite glad I did it. The results were quite general (Ireland shows for Scotland & Wales too for example) & they weren't particularly surprising for me, but they were for my husband, and we may even be able to answer a few questions about his family as we have found out through the DNA matches that he has what we think is an aunt who was adopted out 4 years before his parents were born. Now to find out which side she comes in!
The test also gave me the option on downloading the raw DNA data so I can input it elsewhere to analyse more if need be which I think is quite interesting too. I still have quite a bit to process and I will be spending quite a bit of time over the next month researching our trees further as my husband had 300 matches of 4th cousins or closer, & I had 2005!!! My already huge family is growing so I'd love to find out where we all fit in. Genealogy has always been an interest/hobby of mine so it should be fun :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)