DNA Testing (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Would you take a DNA test for the purpose of discovering your ethnicity?

• Yes

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
image.jpeg

I recently asked for opinions in the Transients FB group regarding DNA testing & its implications, & I felt it might be a good topic for discussion here.

Many people expressed concern over submitting DNA for such a test, & cautioned against doing so out of concern for how the sample & data might be stored & handled.

After much careful consideration, I decided that as I am not fearful of those possibilities, I went ahead & ordered a test for the purpose of finding out my ethnicity in detail & to assist with my genealogy research (as well as to satisfy my curiosity lol). I am currently awaiting my results but I thought I would create a thread here to discuss the topic, & figured there may be some people who would be curious to know if anything interesting comes of it once I receive my information.

I will update as I find out more :)

Last edited:

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Whenever this topic comes up I tend to always mention the risks of privacy in terms of our DNA data being stored and shared in databases that can be searched from around the globe, but not only that, it could even be used in the future for advertising companies to adjust ads when we are in the presence of their systems.

However there are many things we do in life that track our activity, things we don't even realise and this is not an uncommon situation at all. How does it really impact us, that lack of privacy? Perhaps it's more about not having control over our lives, which we should have the right to of course.

I would get one done as I think the results are worth the 'price'.

Brooke, what I am interested in is finding out if you did research to find the best company to go through, and which one you did go through. I would like us to have a sticky thread about this on a board that is appropriate (Perhaps a FAQ type Wiki cross hybrid post containing the results of all our roundtable discussions), so we can help people in the future work out not only if it's safe to do, but which organisation/company is worth their money based on the results and the extent at which the DNA is tested!

Fear really controls us to the point of wasting our time using it as an excuse to not only not do something, but also all the time and energy lost discussing such situations with others! o_O

The Ancient Civilisations & Society board may be a good one about this topic for a sticky eventually.

OP
Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
See, that's exactly why I put it off for so long, because I was very wary of the implications of someone else having access to that information.

In the end I decided to not succumb to those fears & chose to go through Ancestry.com for my test after a little bit of research, but also relying on my own intuition.

My main reasons for choosing them though had to do with the fact that they are a well established company & leader in their field that I have used for years in relation to my genealogy research. Because of that fact, I don't expect them to just "disappear" with my info any time soon or be difficult to contact in relation to it.
Also, most of my personal information is already recorded through them & also registered through the LDS church records that my family is involved with, & when it came down to reading their privacy policy I found it to be pretty reasonable. They give you the choice to opt in (or out) of certain other studies & you have the option of changing those permissions at any time, as well as having the ability to request for them to destroy your sample if you so desire.

I did look at a couple of other providers over the last year or so but I wasn't interested in doing one requiring a blood sample so those ones were out, & the other companies weren't as well known to me as Ancestry except for National Geographic, but I did not get a good feeling about their offer AT ALL, & after their relatively recent takeover followed by them introducing their test, the trust in the brand was just not there for me & it just reinforced that feeling of not wanting them to have access to that information.

I also knew that while getting mine done through ancestry might not give me the most extensive results (they are frequently updating & adding to their services though), I always have the option of uploading my test results to something like GEDCOM (the LDS DNA research tool) & investigating further myself.

At the end of the day, I've done it now, so I am happy to also be the groups guinea pig haha. My main interest was to find out my ethnicity & join a few dots, but also to have that information available for my children, so I don't really require a more detailed test than the one they provide & the cost was pretty comparable to the others I saw (maybe even cheaper) so I decided to just give it a go.

As for the post, I'm be happy to move (or have you move) this thread to a more suitable section if you would prefer?

Last edited:

Tammy Kilgore

Lover of the the Light
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Pontiac, Illinois (USA)
I'm actual thankful you brought all this up Brooke. Because ultimately I WOULD really like to know. However, yes I held back for the exact same reasons.
I wasn't even really connecting the dots that is was fear that was holding me back. As silly as that sounds, it's blatantly obvious to me now.
I recently saw a video on a group of people being brought together to be swabbed and then again to share the results. It actually brought a tear to my eye because, it showed so many of these people who "thought" something in a negative way about ones ethnicity ( or at least what they thought their true ethnicity was) to change because they had some of this very DNA in their bloodlines. It was wonderfully eye opening.
Thank you for beginning this discussion.

Reactions: Mike and Brooke

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Great info Brooke!

I like how people can find their family through such tests.

As for the post, I'm be happy to move (or have you move) this thread to a more suitable section if you would prefer?
Lets revisit this another time and we can work something out. Maybe others can add to their experiences in the meantime.

Reactions: Mike and Brooke

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
I answered, no that I wouldn't have my DNA tested for ethnicity but not because of privacy. I just don't think it matters to me. I am who I am. ;)

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
This is fascinating.....but at the end of the day I agree with Vickie. I am not interested in my physical ethnicity, though I do understand those who are interested.

Now if they did a test for my soul origins........;)

OP
Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
I recently saw a video on a group of people being brought together to be swabbed and then again to share the results. It actually brought a tear to my eye because, it showed so many of these people who "thought" something in a negative way about ones ethnicity ( or at least what they thought their true ethnicity was) to change because they had some of this very DNA in their bloodlines. It was wonderfully eye opening.
Perhaps it was one of the Momondo videos you watched? I shared them fairly recently & they are currently hosting a competition with Ancestry.com for people to win the chance to get a test & then I think they also win travel to all of the places that show up in their test! :)

Reactions: Mike
OP
Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
I answered, no that I wouldn't have my DNA tested for ethnicity but not because of privacy. I just don't think it matters to me. I am who I am. ;)
I totally understand that. To be honest, if it wasn't for my desire to know more about myself I would not have bothered either, but I have always had a fascination with genealogy , as well as with ancient history & mythology, so learning about possible genetic links to certain places would be interesting to me, plus there is a lot I don't know about my family history (for a number of reasons) so I think it would be great to have a sense about where we as a family came from :)

Reactions: Brian and Vickie
OP
Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
This is fascinating.....but at the end of the day I agree with Vickie. I am not interested in my physical ethnicity, though I do understand those who are interested.

Now if they did a test for my soul origins........;)
If there was a test for that I would sign up without hesitation! Lol

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
This made me think that we need an 'Inspirational' rating for likes. o_O

@Brooke, you can insert multiple quotes within the one post, instead of posting separately. (Meaning you could have responded with one post instead of three :))

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
I'm actual thankful you brought all this up Brooke. Because ultimately I WOULD really like to know. However, yes I held back for the exact same reasons.
I wasn't even really connecting the dots that is was fear that was holding me back. As silly as that sounds, it's blatantly obvious to me now.
I saw that video too, and had the same response. I feel it showed that to discover that we aren't who we have always thought ourselves to be is to cut ballast that can hold us back from reaching higher and farther as "family". That said, we're all part of this planet, and thus are one family anyway. As more of our history is discovered as a planet, perhaps that will trigger individual genetic memories. Perhaps the DNA results would open up more pathways to remembering, healing, integrating. This is the most exciting aspect of it, to me!

From what I've learned from my family, I have 4 distinct ethnicities, Ukrainian (half) and Bohemian with a bit of German and Irish. But I'm sure there are lots more bits and pieces, as borders are fluid and peoples move around.

Regarding the secrecy of DNA, do we really know what happens to the blood we donate, or give for medical tests? I've wondered about that.

Years ago, when I was working at a biotech company, I took a 1-day class at a university on the basics of DNA testing and biomarkers. Each of us did the swab test, worked with little vials and centrifuges, and ran gels to see our results. I was one of just a couple of people in the class who had a marker that the teacher said was rare and "unexplained", but she wouldn't go into detail and said it didn't mean anything harmful, it was just there was a certain part of the population that had this. I really wish I'd pressed her to find out more, but she was unwilling to discuss it, period. We didn't get to keep the results, a shame, I'd love to have that bit of info.

OP
Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
@Brooke, you can insert multiple quotes within the one post, instead of posting separately. (Meaning you could have responded with one post instead of three :))
Haha yes, I actually realised I should've done that that after I sent them but by then I was like "oh well, I've already done it now." lol

I saw that video too, and had the same response. I feel it showed that to discover that we aren't who we have always thought ourselves to be is to cut ballast that can hold us back from reaching higher and farther as "family". That said, we're all part of this planet, and thus are one family anyway. As more of our history is discovered as a planet, perhaps that will trigger individual genetic memories. Perhaps the DNA results would open up more pathways to remembering, healing, integrating. This is the most exciting aspect of it, to me!

From what I've learned from my family, I have 4 distinct ethnicities, Ukrainian (half) and Bohemian with a bit of German and Irish. But I'm sure there are lots more bits and pieces, as borders are fluid and peoples move around.

Regarding the secrecy of DNA, do we really know what happens to the blood we donate, or give for medical tests? I've wondered about that.

Years ago, when I was working at a biotech company, I took a 1-day class at a university on the basics of DNA testing and biomarkers. Each of us did the swab test, worked with little vials and centrifuges, and ran gels to see our results. I was one of just a couple of people in the class who had a marker that the teacher said was rare and "unexplained", but she wouldn't go into detail and said it didn't mean anything harmful, it was just there was a certain part of the population that had this. I really wish I'd pressed her to find out more, but she was unwilling to discuss it, period. We didn't get to keep the results, a shame, I'd love to have that bit of info.
All of those things I have also thought at one time or another too.

As for your test, that's very interesting! I wonder what happened with the sample after that or why you weren't allowed to keep your own results?

Lilia

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2016
Vayuna, via Switzerland
for some people a DNA test would probably be the only way to find blood relatives, if they also tested and there were accurate databases to compare... like my ancestry from the ukraine was scattered during ww2 and i have no idea how i could go about finding any of them if i wanted to. i didnt do a testing because i didnt think of such an option at all until i saw the before mentioned video this week... (and because knowing my great-grandmother through spirit-contact was enough)
id be very curious about where the line could be traced to... but actually i guess i 'd be afraid that the test would in the end just say, yes you have ancestry from the ukraine, but what planet does the rest come from? XD

Reactions: Brooke and Laron

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
for some people a DNA test would probably be the only way to find blood relatives, if they also tested and there were accurate databases to compare... like my ancestry from the ukraine was scattered during ww2 and i have no idea how i could go about finding any of them if i wanted to. i didnt do a testing because i didnt think of such an option at all until i saw the before mentioned video this week... (and because knowing my great-grandmother through spirit-contact was enough)
id be very curious about where the line could be traced to... but actually i guess i 'd be afraid that the test would in the end just say, yes you have ancestry from the ukraine, but what planet does the rest come from? XD
Now that would be interesting, wouldn't it, to find a link through Ukraine right here? :cool: I wonder how planetary DNA could be sequenced... feels like it would be like knitting with 12 needles in your hands!

Brooke, I have no idea why they wouldn't let us keep our results, except for that it was a beautiful day in San Diego and everyone wanted to get out of the lab :rolleyes: I hope that's why...

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
Lol Maryann! I'm sure that was it ;)
Haha, truly! I remember during break lying out on some grass looking up in the sky watching orgone spin around. It was the first time I'd seen it so clearly. That was almost more exciting than doing the DNA analysis :cool:

OP
Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
Haha, truly! I remember during break lying out on some grass looking up in the sky watching orgone spin around. It was the first time I'd seen it so clearly. That was almost more exciting than doing the DNA analysis :cool:
Sounds amazing!

Also, I just thought I'd update to say I have just seen an email from ancestry saying that they have received my DNA sample :D

The waiting game continues lol

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
This is a really neat thread. I'm on the fence about wanting it done. I think it equates to me as a cool online quiz that has interesting results but I'm pretty confident in my knowledge of my heritage that i think I'll focus on other endeavors at the moment. My grandparents were all essentially 100% whatever and that's enough for me.
I think i fall more into the category that Henda said, that "we are all one."

I do, totally, understand the desire to know definitively, especially if you aren't sure to begin with. and for knowledge with your kids. I'm excited, brooke, top see what aborigines things pop up for you. <3

Bill

The magic has always been within you.
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 21, 2016
From Kansas, living in Texas
I totally understand that. To be honest, if it wasn't for my desire to know more about myself I would not have bothered either, but I have always had a fascination with genealogy , as well as with ancient history & mythology, so learning about possible genetic links to certain places would be interesting to me, plus there is a lot I don't know about my family history (for a number of reasons) so I think it would be great to have a sense about where we as a family came from :)
Brooke - my lovely wife is very deep in Genealogy and is an avid ancestry.com fan. She has a file she's been working on the 15+ years now that has 150K+ entries. I believe she spends no less than 8 hrs every day on genealogy and related history stuff. One day you all will meet up...and I'll step away to allow the communication between you unencumbered! She is focused on the past, while I have only a brief interest in my ancestry and am almost always focused on the future. (The exception being I've really gotten into some of the books from Graham Hancock about what we've all been taught about human history is likely far different than the reality!)

R

roundtablemember

Maybe it's just me and the people I associate with but do not allow anyone to have a sample of your DNA at this time for bad things seem to happen soon afterwards to those who do so. Probably doesn't apply to most people though

OP
Brooke

Brooke

Mother Bear
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
Australia
Maybe it's just me and the people I associate with but do not allow anyone to have a sample of your DNA at this time for bad things seem to happen soon afterwards to those who do so. Probably doesn't apply to most people though
I can totally appreciate that there is fear for some, but I just don't subscribe to that at this time. It may seem foolish to some but I refuse to live my life in fear of the what if's :)

R

roundtablemember

It's not about fear, but being prudent. You do realise we are the livestock in a ranch? Like pedigree dogs or race horses. This place is closing down and one of the negative alien plans is to start up a new ranch. They are monitoring people's DNA to see which of the livestock to take with them. I understand it will be mostly young children and a small % of adults.

There is another reason they are monitoring people's DNA. We are changing; our DNA is being activated. Watch this presentation from Mary Rodwell which covers this quite well:

They are studying our DNA very, very closely as it gives them an indication of how much more time they have. The vibration is rising. We will pass a threshold when the certain things will be triggered and they need to know how close we are to that stage.

I've heard an interview with Gordon Duff of Veterans Today where he said that ancestry.com is the NSA. There is a huge database in SaltLake City where the Mormons hang out. There is something very sinister there, much like the Vatican. in another forum, someone mentioned that he heard on a radio show of a cleaner who was working in the basement of the church or the library there - I don't remember which. That guy claimed he saw a dinosaur!

In that same forum, there's a guy who used to work in the black ops; in one of the DUMBs. He described how he once spotted a dinosaur in the base and he turned to the security guard to ask if he too saw what he saw. The guard assured him that he saw nothing. A while later, the 1st Jurassic Park movie came out and when he watched that movie, he had a horrible shock. What he saw in the DUMB was just like the velociraptor in the movie. Yes guys, dinosaurs still walk the Earth. maybe not in broad daylight but in the military bases. You can say this is all hearsay and I have no proof but I do believe these stories are true, for various reasons.

Last edited:
R

roundtablemember

We all have reptilian DNA. It's part of the genetic modifications done to us. I've heard that normal regular Joes have about 7%. Members of the special bloodlines have a much higher % hence the need to breed selectively to maintain that level, maybe a bit over 20%. If there is too high a level of reptilian DNA, the person will have difficulty maintaining the human form. It is rumoured that is the real reason Ratzinger has retired - he cannot control his appearance.

As the vibration is rising, it will be more and more uncomfortable for those with a high % of reptilian DNA. There are plenty of videos on YT which show how certain personalities seem to shapeshift. You will see more and more of this and that will be why there may be less frequent appearances of say, royalty, in the future.

R

roundtablemember

They are already forcibly extracting DNA from people in the USA. There is no need to volunteer yours

R

roundtablemember

transients.info emphasises the positive - evolving, improving yourself, healing etc. That is to be commended but a person should also be aware of the dark side as knowledge helps him to avoid the traps and pitfalls of which there are many. These are end times and such periods are always exceedingly chaotic. There is no need to give the opposition more information than we have to

Reactions: Stargazer
R

roundtablemember

DNA is a very important issue. Here's an article which might interest you
http://whale.to/b/rep2.html

Ritual and ceremony is a very important part of reptilian culture. When we take part in ceremonies ourselves, we could be reinforcing our reptilian genetics. Now do you understand why Christians drink the blood of Christ and eat his flesh? It's part of the control system.

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)