Did you have an invisible friend as a child? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Yesterday I posed the question, "Did you have an invisible friend as a child?" over on my Facebook page. I've embedded the post below, but it doesn't show the poll I created unless you click/drill down into it.

So far there's been 27 votes, with 70% of people having had an invisible friend and 30% saying they hadn't. It's certainly an interesting statistic, but of course my audience is more in tune with me, meaning if it was a proper study the results could differ. Feel free to go and vote yes or no to add to the poll results, as in the end after the week is up and the poll expires, it will be fascinating what the final percentages are.

But if you'd like to share your story below about any invisible friends, and perhaps it wasn't you but a friend or sibling, then feel free to do so!

An invisible friend is just a label to apply to the situation where we may see a spirit, being, or actual physical manifestation of something alongside us as a child that no one else could notice or see.

• Funny
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Henda and Anaeika

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I had no invisible friend, but I watched a programme last night where the young kid had one - Parental Guidance, with Billy Crystal and Bette Midler playing the grandparents, Arty and Diane. The invisible friend of their grandchild Barker, was Carl the Kangaroo. Carl often told Barker to do things, and because the kangaroo was the instigator, the child got away with doing everything. Barker's actual parents were uptight, Type A personalities, so who knows the psychological reasons why a very young child would need to separate some of his developing ego into an ID and call it a kangaroo. In the film, which was quite funny with quite a few dust-ups (thanks to comedy and Billy Crystal and Bette Midler mixing quite well together), the kid overcomes his need to have this invisible friend, and then creates a situation where the invisible friend actually dies, and then the whole family go ahead and have a decent burial for the "friend" in a cardboard box in a hole in the backyard. So quite a bit of healing went on, right there.

Reactions: Anaeika and Laron

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
As an only child for most of my childhood, I didn't have any imaginary friends that I recall, but I had a VERY vivid imagination. All my toys and stuffed animals became my friends--and I've come to believe that ALL things have consciousness (and I name all my cars), so I guess some things never change! :D

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Thanks for sharing, Stargazer and Hailstones Melt. I wonder if anyone else had an experience as a child, even if it wasn't a regular 'friend' per say, but may have sensed some things that they no longer do as an adult.

I have a lot of trouble accessing memories up until about age 7 or so, but here is my short invisible friend story.

From age two to three, I had a spirit friend called Ganga (pronouced Gong-a), with black fuzzy hair and a red robe. This person brought another friend called Peter to play with me. I would also dream about them. My Mother would ask me and I didn't want to talk about it.

When I stopped seeing them, I am told that I said Ganga took Peter with him, flying away, one on a large Eagle, and the other on a big balloon.

220px-Bhagawan_Sri_Sathya_Sai_Baba.jpg
Sai Baba

The interesting thing is that Ganga had similarities in appearance to Sai Baba. When I was much older, Baba began to have an influence in my mothers life, and also one of my sisters. (not in mine though) Ganga also happens to be the name of something to do with Sai Baba's mother I'm told.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
I did not see a poll here to vote on, but yes, for a few weeks I did. I was about 3. I would talk to him and he would talk back. My mom remembers me talking to him. I only saw him once about 1973. His clothes were at least 10 years out of date so I'm placing his clothing in the early 1960s. I'm just assuming he was a boy that died in the area in the 1960s.

It was hard for me to hear him after a while and he eventually went away.

OP
Laron

Laron

Staff member
Administrator
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
If you click on some of the things on the first post you will find this URL, which shows this:

this.jpg

So in the end we had 36 people vote with 64% having said yes! (It's closed now, the poll)

His clothes were at least 10 years out of date so I'm placing his clothing in the early 1960s. I'm just assuming he was a boy that died in the area in the 1960s.
Sounds likes a spirit looking to be released from that space.

Last edited:

green monkey

Involved Wayfarer
Apr 26, 2019
Sorry if this is random, I did a guided meditation a few years back and I saw a person similar like you discribed, was a man with dark skin in long red robe, he had afro hair, but it was in bunchies. His hair looked like he had big micky mouse ears. I can still see the image in my mind. I have since looked for any clue why I saw this person.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Although I tried to have an imaginy friend as a child, I couldn’t fake it and did not have one. Lol

My 4 year old son has an imaginary friend that he picked up last year on our Grand Canyon summer vacation. His name is Buddy and he lives in my son’s sleeve. Buddy tells my son that he died in a fire and that he is a little boy too. At the time of the vacation, the Grand Canyon rim was on fire.

Also and interestingly enough, my brother’s imaginary friend as a child was Bud.

So that’s Buddy and Bud!

CaradneArcturian

Just Arrived
Jul 18, 2019
When I was around 3-4, I had a friend who was a transparent red guy made out of light. One day I saw a devil on a cartoon that reminded me of him because they were both red. I said, "I play with him in the back yard!" My ultra-religious mom FREAKED out and I got yelled at and shamed. The next time I was in the back yard I saw him, but I sat on the back porch and cried until he went away and I never saw him again.

My son had imaginary friends when he was little. Anna and Peter, he said they were his brother and sister when he lived far away.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I got yelled at and shamed. The next time I was in the back yard I saw him, but I sat on the back porch and cried until he went away and I never saw him again.
Ouch!
I wonder if you could see him again if you invited him back?
Having children, or being with them, it seems to me, is an opportunity to revisit childhood dreams:-D

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
My youngest granddaughter had a little girl with her before she could talk, she says she wanted to tell her parents but had to wait until she learned to talk.
The child said her name was Elizabeth and that she had died in a fire in the farmhouse where granddaughter was living.

She is now 22 but if she ever talks about Elizabeth it gets freezing cold in her lap, we both know it’s little Liz sitting there.

JaimeLee

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 6, 2019
Thank you for this post.. this is something I really deeply feel I need to look into more. I need to know more.. I had, from a baby/toddler age, (not sure exactly when it started), a 'best friend' called Kudi. (Coodee)
My mum tells me that for years Kudi and it did everything together. Kudi ate with me at the table, mum had to put cutlery down for Kudi too. At the beach Kudi had a spade as well as myself, apparently I chatted away with Kudi often.
I feel very melancholic thinking of Kudi.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
My mum tells me that for years Kudi and it did everything together.
What a lovely story, especially playing at the seashore.

Henda

Mystic Healer and Astral Explorer Author
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
They were all visible !! LOL
I had many dwarfs who used to visit me ! They always stood over the curtains. I was able to see them walking along them and could hear them talking. They were very humorous but ...They were freaking me out all the time. I thought I was hallucinating until I talked about them to my friend who said that she knows someone who sees dwarfs too. It was a very strange story ! Her friend was a little girl from the district behind our houses, and when the dwarfs appeared to her each time she faints and they take her to another place. Her parents used to stay near her until she comes back in her physical body ! You won't read such stories anywhere Laron Smith !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)