Depression Is An Allergic Reaction To Inflammation (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
New research is revealing that many cases of depression are caused by an allergic reaction to inflammation. Tim de Chant of NOVA writes: “Inflammation is our immune system’s natural response to injuries, infections, or foreign compounds. When triggered, the body pumps various cells and proteins to the site through the blood stream, including cytokines, a class of proteins that facilitate intercellular communication. It also happens that people suffering from depression are loaded with cytokines.”

Inflammation is caused by obesity, high sugar diets, high quantities of trans fats, unhealthy diets in general, and other causes.

MORE:
https://www.jbbardot.com/discovers-depression-inflammation/

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Or it could be that you live thousands of miles away from your friends on the Roundtable Forum and wish they were in the same room with you on your birthday? {}s

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
There are multiple causes of depression, inflammation being just one. This article does help to highlight the link between inflammatory foods & depression.

Reactions: Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Mine works the other way around - when I am emotionally shocked, I inflame. Dealing with a knee the size of a boulder at the moment.

Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I see the foundation of depression as relating to what we think about and how long we think about it; of course, that can be very complex as in why we think what we think. Everything else is just external as in increasing the chances of us getting caught in thoughts, but also the power those thoughts have when we do think.

Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I see the foundation of depression as relating to what we think about and how long we think about it; of course, that can be very complex as in why we think what we think. Everything else is just external as in increasing the chances of us getting caught in thoughts, but also the power those thoughts have when we do think.
So very true, Laron. We really are a flow of thoughts, made static whilst still in motion.

Reactions: Laron and Anaeika

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I once sat on an airplane next to a psychiatrist who told me he was having quite a bit of success in some people treating depression with things like omega 3 fatty acids + curcumin to decrease inflammation. He'd found that it worked well in some people, not as well in others.

My own view of the interplay of emotions, inflammation, infection, life events, personal viewpoints, etc and how they interact with depression looks a bit like this:

... with lots of interactions + many things that influence each other so as to form a complex web of interactions.
If so, we can understand + address bits of it and aim to gain a higher view for better understanding as we grow.

I believe that inflammation is often an overlooked player. The clinician on the airplane's experience helped me realize that we can impact some of the factors much more easily than we might think.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Physical/medical explanations have been addressed before. The most common is the lack of production of serotonine. Or tryptophan which also has to do with the digestive tract (forgot the details and am now to lazy to search it). It is still all debated today. I also think it is multi-causal / multi-factorial in its origins. Soul and psychological factors do play a role without doubt. Some doctors who view us as biological robots maybe want to attribute everything to body biochemistry but I do not believe this. However, some natural substances can boost good mood and help overcome depression indeed like curcumin/turmeric, St John's Wort and other stuff.

Reactions: Anaeika

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I also think it is multi-causal / multi-factorial in its origins.
Yes, multi - causal / multi-factorial
+ I would add multi - complicated - enough - to - cause - multiple -headaches-al":D:eek:

I believe tryptophan is in a lot of foods (bananas come to mind) and can be converted to serotonin by the body.

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I believe tryptophan is in a lot of foods (bananas come to mind) and can be converted to serotonin by the body.
Yeah, there is a relationship. It had to do with a kind of gut allergic reaction - I think it was fructose or glucose malabsorption - so that tryptophan which is somehow bound to fructose or so is not taken up - and hence one building block for serotonine is missing. Or so.

Reactions: Anaeika and Lila
OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Really delighted with all the comments that have appeared for this fascinating article on depression and inflammation. Thanks people.

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
But what if your thoughts are directly related to the levels of cytophans in your blood stream? What is your mood is drectly related to how well your immune system is?

I agree that there are many reasons for depression, just as there are many reasons for healing.

OP
Pod

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Yeah, there is a relationship. It had to do with a kind of gut allergic reaction - I think it was fructose or glucose malabsorption - so that tryptophan which is somehow bound to fructose or so is not taken up - and hence one building block for serotonine is missing. Or so.
Is more serotonin always good?
No. As with most things, everything in moderation. Too much serotonin has been linked with particular diseases or infections and inflammation. But there are some cases where there are deficiencies in serotonin that are detrimental as well.

http://www.gutmicrobiotaforhealth.com/en/know-serotonin-interview-gut-brain-axis-researcher-elaine-hsiao/

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Ah! And in your latest article, Pod, here's the researcher noting another big player in that complex web, the microbes in our gut:
"it’s teamwork between microbes and host cells. "

And another, regarding how the gut + brain interact (via neuroactive molecules + neurons):
"Researchers know the gut and the brain are in constant communication, and the role of the gut microbiota in this communication is a hot topic of scientific study. "

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
treating depression with things like omega 3 fatty acids
This technique benefits many people, but not for me. I get terrible bruises like I have been beat up. It just goes to show there is not just one neat and tidy solution. It really is multi-causal.

Reactions: Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
This technique benefits many people, but not for me. I get terrible bruises like I have been beat up. It just goes to show there is not just one neat and tidy solution. It really is multi-causal.
Keep on searching for your 'causal' and your 'multi'... and know that we are with you<3

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
I'm not surprised. With the increase in intake of glyphosate (which cannot be washed off of plants) and refined sugar, the rate of various inflammatory diseases has also steadily increased.

Here's an interesting link I found. One of the posts has a spreadsheet with a graph: http://chuckrblog.blogspot.com/search/label/inflammation

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I just clicked on it on the article and it opened fine.

The link is here.

If it doesn't work for you, I suggest you make sure you are logged into google with a google account first as that may be the problem.
Thanks, that is my problem! :)

Reactions: Lila and Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)