Deciding What To Do With Your Life (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Brad

Spiritual & Meditation Teacher
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Jul 27, 2016
Australia
www.mindful-meditations.com
Brad submitted a new transients.info article.

Deciding What To Do With Your Life

There can be times in many people's lives when they may find themselves at a crossroads and not know which direction to take. Firstly, realize you are not alone! Many people question what to do with their life at one time or another. Sometimes after a period of time a career no longer brings you satisfaction or fulfillment. Or you may be made redundant and need to look for another job or career. Life isn't always easy, we all usually have to do some form of work to pay the bills. But should life simply be about survival and getting by? What if you can do what you love and also get paid for it? Well you can, but firstly you need to believe it, and take appropriate action when opportunities present themselves.

Ask yourself, 'what excites me or brings me joy'? You may like to write a...
Click here to continue on to the original article.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Great article. I was just having this conversation with someone a few days ago. I asked if her resume was up to date, and she said "No". I told her that she needs to attend to that ASAP because it shows intent.

Reactions: Laron and Stargazer

Bill

The magic has always been within you.
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 21, 2016
From Kansas, living in Texas
Great article. I was just having this conversation with someone a few days ago. I asked if her resume was up to date, and she said "No". I told her that she needs to attend to that ASAP because it shows intent.
Interesting point...I had not considered that. For me I believe my movement will be towards doing things on my own and within a network of like minded folks...don't think my new job(s?) will need a resume. Yet the idea of intent here is quite something to consider...hmmm. Linda, you continually amaze me with your wisdom! I'm no longer surprised at you bringing it forth so consistently and lovingly. Now sometime I am surprised at the particular wisdom you share, but not that it comes from you....this is what you do and I am so grateful for it!! <3 <3 <3

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Thank you, Bill. (I feel an "aww shucks" coming on.)

Here's the thing about a resume - when done well, it forces you to be clear and concise about who you are and what you want to do. The most interesting ones are when people are changing careers because they have an opportunity to take skills and gifts from one career and show how they pertain to another.

I look at the ideas of being clear on your objectives much as navigating a ship or plane. If you set off in a general direction, you are likely to miss your desired destination, but if you have clear directions, then you will get there.

There is a place for the non-destination trip, but that is another article. :D

Reactions: Bill and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)