Danish News Headline - WE FAILED (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Ekstra Bladet published an article last month with the title “Vi fejlede,” which means “We failed.”

First step is to look at the news outlet - what news do they usually publish and where are they in local rankings. I've pieced together some info, but if any of the readers can shed more light on this company, it will be appreciated. It seems this paper has been in print since the early 1900s and now is known as a tabloid paper. In my world, tabloids make up stories about Megan and Harry and the Kardashians. In the first Men in Black movie, we learned that they were the prime info sources. So, the question is are they struggling for more readers with a sensational headline.

The content of the article seems reasonable to me - the writers just wrote what they were told by the official agencies and groups.

“THE CONSTANT mental alertness has worn out tremendously on all of us. That is why we – the press – must also take stock of our own efforts. And we have failed,” Ekstra Bladet journalist Brian Weichardt wrote.

For me, initially I did believe the government and press info - people would be dying in the streets. At some point, I lifted up my head and asked WTH is going on here. The only news sources doing the same were on the internet. Why didn't print media, such as this outlet, do the same? After all, the first rule of journalism is to ask the basic questions of who, what, when, where, why, and how. This leads me to my next question - why now.

Granted it is "good news" to see a print outlet admitting they bought the party line, but my spidey senses perked up over this because I'm hearing other reports, even from our (US) doctor doom saying things like being in the hospital with versus because of covid.
For ALMOST two years, we – the press and the population – have been almost hypnotically preoccupied with the authorities’ daily coronatal.
WE HAVE STARED at the oscillations of the number pendulum when it came to infected, hospitalized and died with corona. And we have been given the significance of the pendulum’s smallest movements laid out by experts, politicians and authorities, who have constantly warned us about the dormant corona monster under our beds. A monster just waiting for us to fall asleep so it can strike in the gloom and darkness of the night.
THE CONSTANT mental alertness has worn out tremendously on all of us. That is why we – the press – must also take stock of our own efforts. And we have failed.

The following interview covers the same questions that I had. I suggest caution at this point. While I want to see the best in people and actual waking up to the morass of slanted news, the events of the past few years do not support blind faith in any government or media actions and words.

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Maybe the press or individual reporters are seeing the writing on the wall in re: ratings and conscious is also starting to take root. MSM will prob never change as long as owners remain as they are.

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Along these lines, I had an experience at the grocery store just now.

Ran to grocery store for more bottled water because we are on a boil water notice - and - as one does in the check-out line, I perused the tabloids for amusement. Only this time - I was stunned. The big front page item was about the Church of Scientology collapsing over rape allegations. The smaller item at the top was about Fauci having a melt-down over his lies.

Here is why this is significant. Sure there is little news in this rag, but people operate in sound bites these days. So even if they don't read the stories, the idea is planted in their heads. Also, not many write negative items about Scientology because that group is so quick to pound down unflattering stories, so maybe they are in a weakened state. Same goes with Fauci and the mainstream news. Bears watching.

Thinking back to the Danish paper - people may see the headlines and then wonder if it applies to other news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)