Crystal Identification help! (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

sea101

Just Arrived
Apr 11, 2019
Hello all :)
Hoping you can help us work out the crystals I have here. We bought them in a large pack and are giving them to guests at our wedding along with their meaning.
These are the last ones I can’t work out. I’m wondering if 1,2,3 &4 are purified wood although #1 has some sparkle inside of it so I’m not sure. Thank you!72AB471F-EF04-496E-8611-6C9AABCA01E2.jpeg7525EAED-471A-4D05-91A3-4E144EC8DB5A.jpeg9A7B2E20-BC3C-461E-8116-D94C9CE7112A.jpeg

Attachments

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
With those layers 1 does look like some kind of agatized/petrified material to me. Could be petrified wood. So could 3 if I am guessing what it looks like end-on; hard to tell in the pic.
5's green could be malachite druzy? Malachite often comes with chyrsocolla. (I'm wearing such a pendant now).
Best guess for 6 is iron oxides etc in quartz
8 looks like an amethyst tip to me.
Love the colours for 7 + 9 (serpentine?) though I've not much to add.

I did something similar a few years ago... went to a rock shop to get some stones to give out to folks coming to my birthday party and called it a 'rock party' telling people that my favourite gift would be a rock from anyplace; especially good if it came with a story.
Got a few beauties and really enjoyed the party. We all had fun.

Have a wonderful wedding. I love the idea of rocks as wedding party favours<3

Reactions: Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I've got some petrified wood, and 3 and 4 look like it to me. I cannot tell from the picture of 1, but agree with Lila.

What a fun and clever idea for your wedding! Best wishes to you all.

• Cool Post
Reactions: Lila

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Petrified wood can definitely have bits of crystal quartz in them. The wood gets replaced w minerals.

Lila , a rock party is such a brilliant idea! It makes me want to throw such a party one day. You are giving me ideas...

• Love this post!
Reactions: Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Petrified wood can definitely have bits of crystal quartz in them. The wood gets replaced w minerals.

Lila , a rock party is such a brilliant idea! It makes me want to throw such a party one day. You are giving me ideas...
Maybe sea101 will let us know how the 'wedding rock party' goes and give us tips for our upcoming 'rock parties':cool:

... maybe I'll have a seed exchange party next... now you've got me thinking!<3

OP
S

sea101

Just Arrived
Apr 11, 2019
Thank you so much everyone :)
Yes we can't wait to see everyone's faces they discover their individual stone and read the meaning behind it :)
i'm thinking after some more research:

6 - perhaps the left two are Orange Calcite and the right two are quartz, although the bottom right has lines through it..
edit - or could the two on the right be orange moonstone?
7 - is Blue Apatite
8 - is Amethyst or Lepidolite?
9 - is Green Opal

What are your thoughts?

Searne

Last edited:
OP
S

sea101

Just Arrived
Apr 11, 2019
Further to the above I have made two videos showing close ups of 6. however it wont let me upload them :(

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Thank you so much everyone :)
Yes we can't wait to see everyone's faces they discover their individual stone and read the meaning behind it :)
i'm thinking after some more research:

6 - perhaps the left two are Orange Calcite and the right two are quartz, although the bottom right has lines through it..
edit - or could the two on the right be orange moonstone?
7 - is Blue Apatite
8 - is Amethyst or Lepidolite?
9 - is Green Opal

What are your thoughts?

Searne
Agree about the possibility of orange calcite for the left 2 of 6. I would expect both moonstone and sunstone (another possibility, I think) to have some sparkle, though slightly different types of sparkle.
7 could easily be blue apatite.
My best guess is amethyst for 8, mostly because of the top bit. Also, I'm betting there are a lot of other minerals along with it, which can happen with amethyst; that would make it a particularly cool stone.
Not sure about 9 as the lighting really isn't helping with this pic; so green opal sounds very possible to me.

Either way, you've got the makings for an awesome party!:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)