Help Crystal Identification — Post your Photo Here - See Part Two (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Aceeppers89, that first one could be honey calcite or a golden quartz . Could even be amber. Lots of possibilities.
Best guess for the second one is tourmaline.
Third could be agate or bloodstone. Again, lots of possibilities
The last one reminds me a bit of stichtite. It's a cool looking stone with a few parts to it.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Oops, two more were added.
The blue may be sodalite. If it had golden pyrite in it that'd argue strongly for lapis but I don't see any.
The honey coloured ones look most like calcite to me.

gms

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 11, 2019
Hi, i need help here.. 2 and 3 are from the same crystal.. also 4 and 5..

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Beautiful - love crystals growing from a bed of other minerals. Some others who are much better than I at identification will be along in a bit.

Do you from where these crystals came?

gms

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 11, 2019
Beautiful - love crystals growing from a bed of other minerals. Some others who are much better than I at identification will be along in a bit.

Do you from where these crystals came?
First two are from Serbia, the third is from Maroco i think.

• Thank you!
Reactions: Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Lila and Maryann, there are some new beauties from gms.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Lots of possibilities for the first; it's tough here to see the play of light on it.

The second I'd guess is most likely quartz (lots of other possibilities too) with inclusions on the other side which almost certainly include pyrite and the black stone could be galena or hematite perhaps; again, quite a few possibilities.

The third most reminds me of a zeolite cluster. The zeolites, like apophyliite, stilbite etc are used in mining to clean as they have spaces in their geometry which can sequester minerals and pull them out of, say, a solution.

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
Please help
I'd say sodalite only because I don't see any flecks of gold, but if there are some flecks, it's likely lapis, beautiful stones!

Is it possible this is chalcedony?

Red jasper:

Last edited:

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
I'm gonna guess orange stilbite with apophyllite (one of my absolute favorite kind of clusters). Stilbite grows in that sort of blade formation. Apophyllite has distinct 4-sided pyramidal tips, and I'm not sure if that's what I'm seeing in the photo. When the tips break off, which is unfortunately very easy to do, they'll usually leave a very flat surface behind. I'm still gazing at it... Dazzling!
Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 10.15.26 PM.png

This one, I'm more sure is stilbite with apophyllite, in a more classic formation. Do you like how it feels? Have you had any experiences with it?
Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 10.27.11 PM.png

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
Any of you lovelies identify these two please
June, the first one is definitely white chalcedony. The brown heart is brown jasper, and the other appears to me to be a type of jasper as well, but I'm not sure what kind.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Reactions: Maryann

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
When I research it, it does look like it could stibnite which is a stone I am not personally familiar with. I am reading that it is toxic due to its antimony content so handle with something between yourself and your skin. If anybody does have personal experience with this stone and knows otherwise, please post so that we all know.

I'm also reading that this is a stone which will bring help big transformation, that you would be wise to be completely honest with yourself while using it and that using it with stones like moldavite or selenite would help.

It's really beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)