Help Crystal Identification — Post your Photo Here - See Part Two (4 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Help. Can anybody help me identify these finds please?
Hi and welcome to the RT. This is the right place for questions about rocks and crystals. The people who are best at this are still asleep but will be along in a bit.

Reactions: 432hzpreston

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Help. Can anybody help me identify these finds please?
I believe these are the same piece? It looks like the latter are the 'top' part of the crystal and the first pics are of the 'bottom' where there are many more minerals embedded.
My best guess is that this is quartz in the latter pics, with lots of iron oxides and other minerals in the 'bottom' of the crystal which stayed on the 'bottom' as it grew 'upward'.

432hzpreston

Just Arrived
Aug 18, 2019
I believe these are the same piece? It looks like the latter are the 'top' part of the crystal and the first pics are of the 'bottom' where there are many more minerals embedded.
My best guess is that this is quartz in the latter pics, with lots of iron oxides and other minerals in the 'bottom' of the crystal which stayed on the 'bottom' as it grew 'upward'.
Hi there thanks for that . What about Flourite? I had a guy earlier who thinks it’s a Flourite? I thought it was flourite just wasn’t sure .

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
It doesn't look like fluorite to me in these photos, though in pics it can be a bit tougher to see.

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
It has a similar structure to fluorite but the coloring is different, and the surface texture. Could be just where it grew, or something I'm not familiar with. The dark one on the green cloth looks like a gorgeous smoky quartz, and I bet it feels amazing! The second-to-last one in the last big batch of photos has a look of fluorite to it, the squareness of the colors. Not describing that well, but that's what I see. Looks like you're having fun!

432hzpreston

Just Arrived
Aug 18, 2019
It has a similar structure to fluorite but the coloring is different, and the surface texture. Could be just where it grew, or something I'm not familiar with. The dark one on the green cloth looks like a gorgeous smoky quartz, and I bet it feels amazing! The second-to-last one in the last big batch of photos has a look of fluorite to it, the squareness of the colors. Not describing that well, but that's what I see. Looks like you're having fun!

Thanks I appreciate the reply . I went back yesterday and found some more nice pieces . And yes it really does look like Flourite to me . I have found a few pieces now that is very similar to Blue John

• Cool Post
Reactions: Lila

Carol Ann

Involved Wayfarer
Aug 22, 2019
Because this crystal is not tumbled or polished I can't seem to find an identification of it. Can anyone help me please?

1566444277220.png

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Hi, Carol Ann. I fin that one really tough to see in the photo.
I do believe I see the 'squared off' geometry I associate w fluorite?

OP
Laron

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Because this crystal is not tumbled or polished I can't seem to find an identification of it.
Hi Carol, pleas see my first post — it has information on taking photos of them to make it easier for people to ID.

If you have a few left that you are still yet to ID, perhaps check in with the Rock Fella via his Facebook page. I know him personally and visit his shop here in NZ occasionally. Send him a message through is page and see if he wants to help: https://www.facebook.com/TheRockFella/ (I wish he had a website, but he doesn't!)

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
  • Wise Post
Reactions: Maryann and Lila

Equine_mamma1517

Just Arrived
Aug 25, 2019
I received these stones as a gift but I am not sure what they are. Any ideas? Some of them do have different things going on on top vs bottom. I tried to get as good of pictures as I could to show all the colors/patterns but I couldn't get everything. Let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I believe the third id tiger's eye, the fifth may be goldstone and the seventh particularly intrigues me!
Some of the others seems like quartzes (with iron oxides perhaps), agates and perhaps a sardonyx in the sixth?

Jane brace

Just Arrived
Sep 5, 2019
I found this in a bag of slate brought for the garden please could someone I'd it's very rough and crystal like more like a crystal quarts than a stone

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
HI Jane brace, I believe this may be calcite. I find it from time to time and love the sparkly appearance.

Reactions: Jane brace

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
IMO either quartz of calcite. I too love the sparkles.

Reactions: Jane brace

Jane brace

Just Arrived
Sep 5, 2019
My mother gifted me with this I didn't want to be rude and sound ungreatful so I didn't ask . ... However please can some one I'd what the heck this is I'm sure she said something beginning with T but honestly it had been a long day and went in one ear and straight out the other

Attachments

Reactions: Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I think I have some around here, but arrggg - the name escapes me right now.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
My mother gifted me with this I didn't want to be rude and sound ungreatful so I didn't ask . ... However please can some one I'd what the heck this is I'm sure she said something beginning with T but honestly it had been a long day and went in one ear and straight out the other
I'm pretty sure that's lapis lazuli.
If so, you're in luck.

Reactions: Marci

Catie10101

Just Arrived
Sep 16, 2019
Hi! Can anyone help me identify these two rough crystals? I forgot to get the names as I was leaving the crystal shop. The orange one I think starts with a k and the blue one starts with an f but don’t quote me on that.

Attachments

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Catie10101 the blue one may be kyanite and the orange, tangerine quartz. I happen to have some, and yours look similar.

Lila or Maryann can confirm or offer other ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)