Help Crystal Identification — Post your Photo Here - See Part Two (2 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
I believe the third id tiger's eye, the fifth may be goldstone and the seventh particularly intrigues me!
That 7th one caught me too! I'm wondering if the 5th is carnelian... hard to tell, maybe the underside would confirm.

• Intriguing Post
Reactions: Lila

Maryann

Frequency Modulator
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 25, 2016
ninespath.com
I found this in a bag of slate brought for the garden please could someone I'd it's very rough and crystal like more like a crystal quarts than a stone
First thing that comes to my mind is feldspar, very common, and typically in mixes for driveways and such. I see it could be quartz (though very opaque, so probably not exactly quartz) or even calcite-like. I found this, which may be helpful:

How to Tell Feldspar
Feldspars are hard minerals, all of them with a hardness of 6 on the Mohs scale. This lies between the hardness of a steel knife (5.5) and the hardness of quartz (7). In fact, feldspar is the standard for hardness 6 in the Mohs scale.

Feldspars usually are white or nearly white, though they may be clear or light shades of orange or buff. They usually have a glassy luster. Feldspar is called a rock-forming mineral, very common, and usually makes up a large part of the rock. In sum, any glassy mineral that's slightly softer than quartz is very likely considered a feldspar.

The main mineral that might be confused with feldspar is quartz. Besides hardness, the biggest difference is how the two minerals break. Quartz breaks in curvy and irregular shapes (conchoidal fracture). Feldspar, however, breaks readily along flat faces, a property called cleavage. As you turn a piece of rock in the light, quartz glitters and feldspar flashes.

Other differences: quartz is usually clear and feldspar is usually cloudy. Quartz appears in crystals more commonly than feldspar, and the six-sided spears of quartz are very different from the generally blocky crystals of feldspar.

• Helpful Post

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
The blue one looks green in the picture I have... so, not sure.

jadarie

Just Arrived
Oct 3, 2019
Hello, I’m new here! I’ve been drawn to crystals for a while, but they stared coming to me in abundance in the last year. Since, I’ve started really learning about the different properties, etc. This druzy beauty I scored from a traveling merchant/collector, but was sadly unidentified. It’s got a peachy undertone and if you look closely, you can see some black phantoms in the little columns and more visibly on the raw broken side pictured. I’m hoping to find some answers here! Thank you for your time and consideration!

Attachments

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Hello, I’m new here!
Welcome!. That is an interesting piece. The people who are great at identification should be along in a few hours.

• Love this post!
Reactions: jadarie

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Hello, I’m new here! I’ve been drawn to crystals for a while, but they stared coming to me in abundance in the last year. Since, I’ve started really learning about the different properties, etc. This druzy beauty I scored from a traveling merchant/collector, but was sadly unidentified. It’s got a peachy undertone and if you look closely, you can see some black phantoms in the little columns and more visibly on the raw broken side pictured. I’m hoping to find some answers here! Thank you for your time and consideration!
An intriguing piece for sure with what sound like some cool little extras (phantoms, etc).
I looked at that and took my time with it as I wasn't sure.
Now I'm looking again and thinking 'zeolite' which is a type of stones which share a structural set of properties that make them good cleansers. I gather that the molecules line up in such a way that they have columns of space between that are the right amount + type of space for gathering certain atoms, thereby having given them an industrial use as cleaners, ion exchangers etc. There are quite a few zeolites. When I hear 'peachy' and 'zeolite' together I think of heulandite or scolcite. You can look these up here: https://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/crystal-energy.html

And here is some info on zeolites with some cool pics if you scroll down: http://asdn.net/asdn/chemistry/zeolites.php

• Love this post!
Reactions: jadarie

jadarie

Just Arrived
Oct 3, 2019
Thank you for your help on the last piece! I have a couple more I’d love to get an opinion about.
One is a cluster with a lavender hue, sitting atop layers of red, then crystal, then more red mixed with some purple.
The other is stalagmite formation cluster. The colors vary from orange to pink to white.

Attachments

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
One is a cluster with a lavender hue, sitting atop layers of red, then crystal, then more red mixed with some purple.
The other is stalagmite formation cluster. The colors vary from orange to pink to white.
Do you know where these came from? The first one looks like a delicious layer cake.

jadarie

Just Arrived
Oct 3, 2019
Do you know where these came from? The first one looks like a delicious layer cake.
I’m not sure- I got these from the same traveling merchant. I do know he only traveled in North America as he traveled with his mobile home.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
The first one has colours a lot like a piece of varied colour calcite I have but I do not think I see calcite. Rather, the clear crystals on top look like quartz.

jadarie

Just Arrived
Oct 3, 2019
The first one has colours a lot like a piece of varied colour calcite I have but I do not think I see calcite. Rather, the clear crystals on top look like quartz.
I thought the top and middle layers might be quartz as well.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I thought the top and middle layers might be quartz as well.
Probably... quartz with inclusions of something, seems likely.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I love it and I'm wondering what kind it is please? It's almost translucent when held up to the light
Not sure, but some folks will be along in a bit, and they may have an idea.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
My best guess would be agate/chalcedony.
Very bright little edges<3

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
The green one seems to have some red so my guess is bloodstone: a purifier etc.
The blue: sodalite? If it has golden specks then definitely lapis.

Reactions: Sam Vause

tcohoe

Just Arrived
Oct 27, 2019
The green one seems to have some red so my guess is bloodstone: a purifier etc.
The blue: sodalite? If it has golden specks then definitely lapis.
I wondered if it was sodalite also (but I have a couple already so who knows why I bought it lol). I think you're right about the bloodstone. Thank you.

• Cool Post

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Any of you lovelies identify these two please
The first looks to me like a 'treated' quartz. One of the something or other 'aura' ones. They are super sparkly lovelies.
The other looks to me like jasper.

• Thank you!
Reactions: June
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)