Help Crystal Identification — Post your Photo Here - See Part Two (4 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Is this Amber?
If it's amber it'd be really lightweight. is it?
Otherwise, could be golden rutilated quartz, especially if you see little golden rutiles (lines) throughout or sunstone. It's stunning, like a little sun!

That last one is really cool too. No idea what it is though it looks melted.

Crystal hunter

Just Arrived
Feb 23, 2019
If it's amber it'd be really lightweight. is it?
Otherwise, could be golden rutilated quartz, especially if you see little golden rutiles (lines) throughout or sunstone. It's stunning, like a little sun!

That last one is really cool too. No idea what it is though it looks melted.
Yes the little one is feather light in weight.

Reactions: Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Is this Rose Quartz?
If it's pink in colour that'd be my best guess too. Hard to tell in the pic.
I have a very similar one that I picked up at a wedding.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Check out these two beauties
I love your 2 finds. I love to view rocks as they appear in nature - non-polished - and you can see the thrust of their crystalline growth - the lattices that nature makes.

Reactions: Anaeika and Lila

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Check out these two beauties
Any thoughts on the green one being fluorite? It looks just like the stones in a necklace I have, and I know it is fluorite. It is quite heavy!

Reactions: Anaeika

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Is the blue one a big beautiful piece of celestite?

Reactions: Anaeika

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
would love to know what this might be
Is that clear quartz sandwiched in? Looks like some purple color there, too. I've heard of blue quartz but have never seen it. Yep, that one would have come home with me, too.

Reactions: Sam Vause

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Best guess from me is either peacock ore (it has another name too I'm not recalling just now) or some form of treated quartz (titanium?). The white quartz layers suggests perhaps the treated quartz?
Gorgeous glitter!

Reactions: Sam Vause

PinkBismuth

Rambling Companion
Mar 22, 2019
First time using this message board. I’m not sure if I’m posting this correctly, but what I have here is a nearly 3lb double terminated quartz. I’m not sure of the type, it came from China. It reminds me of Tibetan black quartz, but the ones I have of those are so small compared to this one. I was also thinking Morion Quartz but this is so black. There are some translucent parts but it is very dark. I did some reading and I also don’t think it was irradiated unnaturally. What do you think?

Attachments

Reactions: Lila and Anaeika

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
First time using this message board. I’m not sure if I’m posting this correctly, but what I have here is a nearly 3lb double terminated quartz. I’m not sure of the type, it came from China. It reminds me of Tibetan black quartz, but the ones I have of those are so small compared to this one. I was also thinking Morion Quartz but this is so black. There are some translucent parts but it is very dark. I did some reading and I also don’t think it was irradiated unnaturally. What do you think?
The first thing that comes to mind is smokey quartz, so morion is the same thing. It has variations in shade of black and can have some brown.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
That's beautiful! Particularly that perfect face in the first photo! And huge too.
I understand morion and Tibetan black quartzes to be really dark smoky quartzes, which come from different geographic locations. I remember reading that all that darkness lets a lot of light be absorbed and reflected back (or something cool like that).
I found a person selling really dark ones from Australia which really impressed me because they were clearly removed with care and grace. They are holding space at my doorways as I find them to be enormously protective stones and seem perfect for entryways.
Wherever it comes from that seems a wonderful piece!

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Best guesses:

Top left: rhodochrosite (or is it the other rho... I get these mixed up often). Top right looks like quartz with some very yellow inclusions: sulfer? Looks like beautiful form
Next row yellow one may be bowtonite (golden laboradorite) or a calcite or yellow quartz.
Big blue one celestite? Little blue one probably turqoise though howlite often gets coloured turqoise; also a cool stone with its own properties.
Next row green one; no idea; lots of possibilities. Green + red one: anyolite aka ruby in green zoisite (beauty!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)