Creating Original Artworks (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Your son and I seem to be in synch, Angela <3
Linda has also written about some expected news (soon) on how we officially view spacefarers... or it could all be coincidence?:ROFL:

I'm pretty sure that's the Millenium Falcon at the bottom? (with some slight changes). Can you ask him if he'd like to do the Enterprise next? ... along with my utmost compliments for his style, color, sense of scale + detail and general artistic ability.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I'm pretty sure that's the Millenium Falcon at the bottom? (with some slight changes). Can you ask him if he'd like to do the Enterprise next? ... along with my utmost compliments for his style, color, sense of scale + detail and general artistic ability.
Hehe. That one was my interpretation of the same kind of make /style of the millennium Falcon and the Ghost ship from star wars Rebels. (a cartoon series I just went through with my husband. It was good!) My husband said they are made on the same planet or something. (he's a star wars buff.)
I've drawn the Enterprise for my son and he has done drawings modeled after that as well. Haha

• Cool Post
Reactions: Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Angela, excellent co-drawer-ship, lots of creative fun having your own child explore your own interests. I can see you both have an eye for detail. I love the astronaut sitting at the controls, in the window!

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Angela I love the idea of a co-story in pictures - starting from a common place and streaming outward.

• Love this post!

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
A close friend of mines son is into drawing and wanted to draw a snake with me (over the internet as they are in a different town.) i wanted to share it because I'm kind of proud of how it turned out.

Here is the snake image he chose.
SmartSelect_20210806-121408_Chrome.jpg

And here is my drawing.
20210806_135736.jpg

I kind of wanted to put a top hat on him.

Hello my baby, hello my honey...

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
You got that flowing thing in the pic as well as that scary open-mouth look. Awesome!

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
You got that flowing thing in the pic as well as that scary open-mouth look. Awesome!
I've grown a great appreciation for snakes.

Having just moved to Texas, i joined a Facebook group to educate myself about snakes. They were all intriguing, but primarily Nope Ropes. I always want to learn about the thing that scares me, so this group has been paramount for me. I've learned to identify several, specifically noticing which are venomous. I really want to hold a snake. (i wanted to before but it's just increased my desire to not be paralyzed when I see when).

My son and I got a book from the library that goes through various snake facts and it got me wanting to try some sketches. I was a initially jarred by the picture my friend's son chose, but as I drew it i came to not be afraid because it was essentially shapes and shading.

Plus, i really can't get over how he looks like he just shared a joke and is waiting for people to laugh. Haha

• Love this post!

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Having just moved to Texas, i joined a Facebook group to educate myself about snakes.
I'm in one, too. Those people really know their stuff, and I've learned a lot from them. Yep, we do have quite a few snakes around.

• I agree
Reactions: Angela

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Great drawing. Intellectually, I know what you mean about looking like he shared a joke. But in my case, I can't forget that their double-hinged jaw drops down so far to make swallowing easier.

Spooked me a lot! Spooked me so much when I scrolled down and saw that. Especially as I have a thing about sand vipers - is that one of them?

• A hug for you

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I'm sorry it freaked so many out! I'm sorry!

I can't seem to access the article again to tell you if it is a sand viper, sorry.

• Compassionate
Reactions: Snowmelt

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
...and I was laughing (at the same time as I noted a piece of myself shrink back from the perfect snake-iness of that unhinging jaw). We can all have such different reactions.
Definitely the one that sticks with me is the twinkle in his eye/head tilt that makes one feel like he is sharing a joke.

• Funny
  • Winner
Reactions: Snowmelt and Angela

Asta

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 28, 2018
Florida, USA
Illustration9 sketch.jpg

Been interested in elves, the fae, a lottt lately. So, I did a portrait sketch of an elf. Pretty accurate to how they looked in my visualization too! I am very happy with it :)

I will attempt a painted version some time later

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Beautiful!

• Thank you!
Reactions: Asta

Asta

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 28, 2018
Florida, USA
Illustration9 sketch wip 2 painted progress .jpg
Here is the progress on the painting. I lost a lot of the original features messing around with the tools as this one was done digitally, but I made a lot of progress learning how to blend paint. I think I found figuring out how painting the lighting under the skin of the eyes and then the cheeks particularly fun-- and of course coloring the hair was satisfying. I might do a version on paper and see if I can apply what I learned.

:)

Kiera

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 13, 2018
Brooke, I adore your "inner child" art. At least, that's what I saw. :) What a great thread!

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
urned a few random strokes into some phoenix/dove hybrid.
first thing I saw beautiful colors. I like the way watercolors expand beyond the boundary of the brush stroke - a metaphor of life.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt and Kiera

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
My morning watercolor practice yesterday turned a few random strokes into some phoenix/dove hybrid. Thought it was really cool how it dried looking totally different. ☺
This looks inspired, like your hand may have drawn it all on its own.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Kiera

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
My morning watercolor practice yesterday turned a few random strokes into some phoenix/dove hybrid. Thought it was really cool how it dried looking totally different. ☺
Love this.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Kiera

Kiera

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 13, 2018
This looks inspired, like your hand may have drawn it all on its own.
All I can say is, I made some random swishes (made some on the other side too that look like nothing) and only realized after it dried what it looked like. :)

• Cool Post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)