Creating Original Artworks (3 Viewers)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
I love the light therium. Looks like you have trapped some fireflies! Beautiful.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I haven't done much with watercolor, but felt the urge with this Robin.

View attachment 9906

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!
Everything is in the right proportions, ratios, and the colouring is sublime. And the tinting is so delicate! Great job.

• A hug for you
Reactions: Angela

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Can't remember if I posted this here. It's a bird feeder made into an LED light. These are all my original pictures.

Below is a glowing cloud jar I made. Very easy to make. I used to have a store on Etsy.
Creative use of light and glass to bring beauty into a home.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Here's my effort to paint a pink rose avatar for June. I hope you love it, June. (I am giving the painting to a lady tomorrow, as a gift and to build a bridge - so I will only have the photo of it). This was just painted tonight, and the paint is still drying.

PINK ROSE_JUNE AVATAR_3.JPG

June, if you want a smaller size of this picture, I can re-size it in the program Paint, and email it to you, if you would like.

Last edited:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
It's just awesome!

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
June, if you want a smaller size of this picture, I can re-size it in the program Paint, and email it to you, if you would like.
June HM has a surprise for you! - scroll up a couple of posts.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
Here's my effort to paint a pink rose avatar for June. I hope you love it, June. (I am giving the painting to a lady tomorrow, as a gift and to build a bridge - so I will only have the photo of it). This was just painted tonight, and the paint is still drying.

View attachment 10260

That’s gorgeous Melt, you are so talented, I can see you’ve put a lot of love in it, thank you. Would you send it to me as it is, I would love to put it in with my albums. As for doing anything with an avatar I have to wait until a grandchild visits because I haven’t got a clue and they have just been, unless of course I have a smaller one at the ready if you don’t mind, could be a while before they can come again though.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Alain and Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
And the colors, and the movement <3
Yup, stepped it up

• Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I went to my favorite coffee shop today, which I haven't been to in a long while. They rotate local artists pieces and today, they had a medium I had never heard of before, but it has intrigued me a lot that I may try to mess around with it if I can get a set up going.

They used wood as the palette. And the medium was oil and cold wax!
I found this article in looking for some basics with it:

I'm curious how my bird pictures, which I like to do with oil pastels, would look with this. Having texture and how the colors would blend differently.

• Love this post!
  • Divine
Reactions: Lila and Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I'm curious how my bird pictures, which I like to do with oil pastels, would look with this. Having texture and how the colors would blend differently.
sounds interesting and like the dimensional feel, too

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
That looks like fun.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I went to my favorite coffee shop today, which I haven't been to in a long while. They rotate local artists pieces and today, they had a medium I had never heard of before, but it has intrigued me a lot that I may try to mess around with it if I can get a set up going.

They used wood as the palette. And the medium was oil and cold wax!
I found this article in looking for some basics with it:

This technique is new to me, also. I wonder if mixing oil and wax was the genesis of oil pastels! Somebody hit on it in the 20th century?

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I have been very intimidated by watercolors. I've done a couple paintings and they are okay... (i think I shared the birds on here) but I wanted to get a better understanding of how to work with watercolor.

Facebook actually suggested a good ad. There's a website called https://www.domestika.org/en

It's hailing from Spain, so there aren't many English courses yet. In fact, the watercolor course I got has a Mexican teacher but it has English subtitles. It doesn't take away from the lesson at all and I'm already learning better technique.

The website though, has course lessons for various kinds of art, like digital, embroidery, watercolor, photography, etc.

Anyway. Here's my practice on transparency.

20210221_142007.jpg
(not dried yet fully, so you see the water pooling)
Even simple lessons like this look so pretty. Hehe

Dontco

Involved Wayfarer
Apr 10, 2020
I have been very intimidated by watercolors. I've done a couple paintings and they are okay... (i think I shared the birds on here) but I wanted to get a better understanding of how to work with watercolor.
Angela l think it looks great, I love how watercolors can look so beautiful and delicate! they're definitely my favorite when it comes to artwork supplies :)
Good luck with your learning :) I'm also a beginner and oddly enough, I found pinterest to be a very good learning source, when it comes to watercolor techniques! :)

• Cool Post
Reactions: Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
at this quaratine time we make lists of things to do for our family members.
my kids put on the list that I had to make a drawing but eventually I made an aquarel.

It turned out nice so I wanted to share it.
I was inspired on the corona crisis. the rest you can fill in yourselves I think;)

View attachment 9425
I love finding out how people come by their avatar pics!

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
My impression is tiles.

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
My son and I did a two sided picture.

20210613_151847.jpg

I think we'll frame them and hang them side by side.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)