Cracking the mystery of the ‘Worldwide Hum’ (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
There is so much speculation about what is causing strange sounds that seem to have no source of emanation. In this article a university professor has 4 hypothesis:

In my view, there are currently four hypotheses for the source of the world Hum that survive the most superficial scrutiny.

The first hypothesis – argued by Deming and the one I’m currently pursuing – is that the Hum is rooted in Very Low Frequency (VLF) radio transmissions. It’s increasingly accepted now that the human body will sometimes experience electromagnetic (EM) energy and interpret it in a way that creates sounds. This was established for high-frequency EM energy by the American neuroscientist Alan Frey in his infamous“microwave hearing” experiments, which showed that certain radio frequencies can actually be heard as sounds.

Today, there are biophysical models that predict and explain the impact VLF EM energy has on living tissue. I have designed and built a VLF radio blocking box that should be able to test whether VLF radio frequencies are a prerequisite for generating the Hum.

The second hypothesis is that the Hum is the grand accumulation of low-frequency sound and human-generated infrasound (sounds with audio frequencies below roughly 20 Hz and which can be felt more than they can be heard). This includes everything from highway noise to all manner of industrial activity.

The third is that the Hum is a terrestrial or geological phenomenon that generates low-frequency sounds or perceptions of those sounds. For example, there is a well-documented history of animals predicting earthquakes and taking action to save themselves. From an evolutionary perspective, there may be survival value in having members of a population highly sensitive to some types of vibrations. When it comes to the Hum, some humans may have a similar physiological mechanism in place.

The fourth is that the Hum is an internally generated phenomenon, perhaps rooted in a particular anatomical variation, genetic predisposition or the result of toxicity and medication.

The Hum is now the subject of serious media coverage and, increasingly, scientific scrutiny. The overall goal of my project and the people who contribute to it is to find the source of the Hum and, if possible, stop it.

If the Hum is man-made, then my task is to raise public awareness and advocate turning away from the technologies that are causing it. If the source is exogenous and natural, there’s the possibility that there may be no escape from it, apart from masking it with background sounds.

Of course there is the remote possibility that one of the more exotic explanations will prove to be correct. But, as in all science, it seems best to start with what we know and is plausible, as opposed to what we don’t know and is implausible.

Glen MacPherson, Lecturer, University of British Columbia

full article:
https://theconversation.com/cracking-the-mystery-of-the-worldwide-hum-60296

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
When I moved to North Arkansas I lived in a very quiet place out in the country. I kept hearing a hum. It was driving me nuts. I had moved from a very busy and loud city and had never heard it there.

I thought the sound was coming from the doorbell box which was on a wall outside my bedroom. I would lay in bed every night listening to the hum. I finally removed the door bell and the box. I just knew that's what the hum was but I still heard it. For me it lasted for a few years then I either got used to it or it stopped but it was a very real phenomena.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
According to Paramahansa Yogananda: "O Lord, with the soft touch of intuition I will tune my soul radio and rid my mind of static restlessness, that I may hear Thy voice of cosmic vibration, the music of atoms, and the melody of love vibrating in my superconsciousness -- Read more at: http://www.yogananda.com.au/pyr/pyr_meditation4.html"

So maybe it's our expanding awareness of superconsciousness, that we were oblivious of in the not too distant past.

Another thing he said (Tune in with the Cosmic Sound): "Listen to the cosmic sound of Aum, a great hum of countless atoms, in the sensitive right side of your head. This is the voice of God. Feel the sound spreading through the brain. Hear its continuous pounding roar."

Soul radio makes me think of your first hypothesis - VLF. I think you've got it in the bag, Lorna.

Reactions: Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)