Conscious Hugs --daniel (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
I'm not quite sure what to make of this website, but I thought I'd put it up for others to peruse if they are interested. Especially check out the links on the left hand side of the site. A couple of the links refer to the Reciprocal System theory of everything (TOE) originally thought out by Dewey B. Larson.

http://www.conscioushugs.com/

What IS Truth?

“Truth” is one of those peculiar concepts that cannot be precisely defined. The typical dictionary will state, “conformity with fact or reality.” So you look up “fact” and find out that it is “something that is true” and end up running in circles. And we all know that “reality” is just an illusion, anyway.

“Truth” derives from the Latin veritas, a concept that means “verifiable,” something that actually exists as experience or observation. What people miss is that opinion often masquerades as truth. So, how do these two get mixed up?

We obtain information on the world about us from two sources: our sensations (the spatial senses) and our intuition (the temporal senses). Sensation is valued by thinking and intuition is valued by feeling. (This is a classic Jungian concept of rational and irrational valuing.) Valuing, itself, is just how important we determine something to be, typically based on ego gratification. We give the highest value to things that make us feel good and give us power. So when it comes down to that juicy, fatty bronto burger or a Tofu latte… I know what I will choose!

Because all the information we receive from space and time are weighed and valued by personal needs and experience, we can never see the truth—so truth is always subjective, based on our extensive system of values, termed a Weltanschauung or Worldview. If you believe truth is objective, consider that mankind cannot even decide on the shape of the world—flat, round, flat again, oblate spheroid, geoid, hypersphere, n-dimensional membrane—whatever happens to be in vogue this year.

• Intriguing Post
Reactions: Laron

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
At Art Prize one year there was a non-profit org giving away free hugs. I think they were about mental health and preventing suicide. It was nice of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)