Collective consciousness to replace God - author Dan Brown (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
I found today in the news this article that has an interesting premise and I felt that the forum members may want to express their own opinions about it:

Collective consciousness to replace God - author Dan Brown

By Douglas Busvine

ReutersOctober 12, 2017

FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Humanity no longer needs God but may with the help of artificial intelligence develop a new form of collective consciousness that fulfils the role of religion, U.S. author Dan Brown said on Thursday.

Brown made the provocative remark at the Frankfurt Book Fair where he was promoting his new novel, "Origin", the fifth outing for Harvard "symbology" professor Robert Langdon, the protagonist of "The Da Vinci Code", a book that questioned the history of Christianity.

"Origin" was inspired by the question "Will God survive science?", said Brown, adding that this had never happened in the history of humanity.

"Are we naive today to believe that the gods of the present will survive and be here in a hundred years?" Brown, 53, told a packed news conference.

Full article here: https://www.yahoo.com/news/collective-consciousness-replace-god-author-dan-brown-120033225.html

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
Another in a series of atheists projecting their POV. I totally disagree, however he's entitled to his opinion and I'll leave it at that.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Humanity no longer needs God but may with the help of artificial intelligence develop a new form of collective consciousness that fulfils the role of religion,
Interesting post, Carl...but I tend to agree with PG. This sounds to me like just another attempt to glorify and promote AI and pump up our own human egos. It sounds like the same old egoic mantra that cries and beats its chest boastfully, insisting “we humans are sooooo ingenious that we can replace “God”!

From my perspective, “God”, spirituality, and religion are all very different things. “God” (or “Spirit”, “Source”, etc.) is already our own natural, expanded, and organic collective consciousness. We don’t need AI, religion, or any other technologies or man made doctrines to connect us to that “higher”version of ourselves—in fact, I see those things as being very definite separators from it.

To me, that idea is a bit like someone who says, “here...take this pill or drug and you too can be a superhero (or “God” being)!” In the first place, I wouldn’t believe them for a minute...and even if it were true, that way of exploring things doesn’t resonate at all with me.

I’m not saying that isn’t a valid choice for someone else and I wouldn’t want to judge someone for trying that experience—it just wouldn’t be my choice.

Reactions: Pod and Lila

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
OK, Dan Brown, for someone who has enough nouse to write and earn millions of dollars, you seem to be missing the point. The reason the Abrahamic religions are very similar is that the Overlord(s) of those religions is a 4th dimensional ET(s) posing as God. The ETs possess enough supra-consciousness to rightfully gain the title of gods with a small "g". These different religions are the result of different channels to certain receptive individuals over a lengthy period of time, who all disseminate a very similar point of view. I am not including Christ himself, as I think he was a multi-dimensionally aware human being with source connection. However, his insights have been taken and manipulated into an unrecognizable swamp mish-mash. I mainly refer to the Old Testament protaganists.

So many people have become aware in the last two or three decades that an undiluted connection with source is the well spring of their humanity, and it doesn't need to be brokered by any in-between or third parties. Artificial intelligence would only be one of that last category. Certainly, it would lead to more separation and less divine connection. Why would technological change be the factor, when those on the path know it is connection to your high heart, or higher frequency energy bodies.

Perhaps the size of someone's bank account precludes them from seeing it as the grass roots level (??)

"Christianity, Judaism and Islam all share a gospel, loosely, and it's important that we all realise that," he said. "Our religions are much more similar than they are different."

Turning to the future, Brown said technological change and the development of artificial intelligence would transform the concept of the divine."​

Kevin C

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 27, 2016
SoCal
Based on the responses and general news, I feel the need to dissect AI a little further:

The words "Artificial Intelligence" have been used so haphazardly that no one understands what they are talking about.

Here's my interpretation of the different types being debated out there, and the ones mentioned in SciFi (possibly old religious texts as well, depending on interpretation and context):

What we are working on:
1 - Artificial "mechanical" intelligence: Summed up in the "Terminator". This is what Elon Musk and Putin are referring to.
2 - Artificial "computational" intelligence: Ghost in the Shell, Matrix. This is sort of what Zuckerberg is referring to. Which is why the clash between Musk and Zuckerberg is funny, because both are talking about two distinct AI constructs.

What is being imagined/extrapolated to:
3 - Artificial "mega" intelligence: Matrioshka brains (imagine Google Search on a galactic scale, turning planet atmosphere's into computations). This is sort of the endgame for Google in the far future, requiring megastructures such as the Dyson Sphere, space elevators, as well as mega-swarms of drones (Von Neumann probes), essentially turning the entire universe into information. Lots of SciFi allude to this (Star Trek's Federation/Borg, Niven's RingWorld - Niven Rings, Dyson swarm, Asimov's Foundation series's Gaia/Galaxia "lifeforms", origin of Dyson Sphere novel Olav Stapledon's "StarMaker", etc.)
4 - Artificial "evolved" intelligence: Due to innate understanding of "big TOE", the ability to merge biological with inanimate material/mechanical/energy components are achieved. This is referred to in the Matrix, Dune series (Kwisatz Haderach, God Emperor, etc.), Star Trek's Borg, and ultimately "Star Trek - the motion picture" V'GER (human-machine-energy meld transcending dimensions). In Olav Stapledon's "StarMaker", the narrator literally visits a "transdimensional" AI of sorts, and then meets "the Source" who is writing everything, but the interpretation of "who" or "whom" is left to the reader.

I believe Dan Brown is actually referring to this one, which would agree with Melt's interpretation of transdimensional ETs. They may not be "artificial" from a physical sense, but they are certainly not "naturally built" as we interpret it (human growth).
In this case, evolution reaches a point where, like V'GER, there is no difference between artificial and natural, machine and biology, physical and transcendental.
In addition, I believe most religious texts are referring to this as well, but it is the deeper meaning of "Nirvana". The gods are still dependent on interpretation, as Stargate SG-1 clearly demonstrates Clarke's third law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

My long "2 cents". :-D

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I'm not familiar with all Dan Brown's novels, but it does seem that he pokes at a lot of establishment ideas. On the other hand, in one of them, Lynn McTaggert's work in group healing and consciousness is referenced. So the idea of science supplanting religion seems like the next step for him.

I think it does come down to how we define and view religion and AI, as Kevin outlined above. I enjoy science programs and have heard several science types propose that the differences between science and religion are growing fewer because of work in the quantum fields.

As far as AI goes, I am not a fan because what I see is people giving over their sparks to a machine, which is what happened in many religions.

I do see many religions fading away as people embrace a more inclusive and direct experience, which we find through meditation, for example.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
If we were to slightly change the sentence:
"Humanity no longer needs God but may with the help of artificial intelligence develop a new form of collective consciousness that fulfils the role of religion" to:
"Humanity no longer needs God but may with the help of awareness develop a new form of collective consciousness that fulfils the role of religion"
... I'd say, 'yeah, that resonates. We can build a new form of collective consciousness. I think we are, in fact, doing so:-D"
I'd leave out the AI part too, as we have plenty of native intelligence (which I <3) to go around:cool:

Sometimes it's fun reading a sentence a little cock-eyed at first, as it brings up new possibilities:D
I guess we can see how Dan Brown is able to get publicity. Builds a good little debate which must sell books well!

OP
Carl

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
We can build a new form of collective consciousness. I think we are, in fact, doing so:-D"
I tend to agree with Lila's perspective in the subject. I believe we are currently in the initial stages of such construct and in my humble opinion it started with the physical manifestation of the internet that started the linking of people around the globe. We are -or some individuals are already- going beyond and realizing that we can create a better collective consciousness encompassing all human beings in our 3d world by utilizing our paranormal abilities instead -in fact, personally, I always felt that the "The Shift" would start in full the establishment of a collective consciousness without the need of technological means like the internet and be recognized by all. Furthermore, during my meditations I felt that it is easier to connect to other realms (dimensions, planes, worlds) by using a collective than what is currently done by a single individual.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The celebration of the Harmonic Convergence was done before internet times. It was able to gain worldwide attention through both word of mouth, as well as celebrity endorsements. It was well-known enough that Johnny Carson took an "om" moment on his show. So there was a start, but how to keep it going and continue outreach? The internet fulfilled this need. My closest friends are people I've not met in the physical, with a few exceptions. I take classes, read literature, watch videos, have conversations, share ideas, and participate in group meditation - all with the internet. I've formed very close bonds with people, which I believe are expressed in energetic pathways. In groups like this one, we've learned more about our extra abilities and have a place to talk about it.

Knowing what we do about energetic fields, the ability of people to come together with a unity of purpose can and does work wonders.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
Knowing what we do about energetic fields, the ability of people to come together with a unity of purpose can and does work wonders.
Linda’s post brings to mind an important distinction to me...I guess there’s nothing inherently wrong with utilizing a technology to enhance or expand our own natural abilities.

For me, the problem arises when we either become dependent upon the technology or we allow it to “take over” our own importance or role in the cosmos. It would be far better, in my opinion, to work on our own innate abilities. I suspect that, individually and collectively, we have the ability to do anything that technology can allow us to do without the use of said technology—we’ve just temporarily forgotten how in order to have this experience. :)

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
the problem arises when we either become dependent upon the technology or we allow it to “take over” our own importance or role in the cosmos.
This seems the crux of the matter.
We could ask, with each tech innovation, who is being served?

Is it the idea of the tech (and whoever is getting $/power/attention from it that is being served?
Or is it the user/humanity/our higher selves that benefit?
There is no inherent reason why both could not be served simultaneously, as Linda points out with her example above, but there always seems to be someone around who sees a potential to 'use' the tech and the attention that follows it for their own ends, so that the tech starts out serving us and we end up serving it/whatever/whomever is behind it. There are lots of examples of great tech that started serving the user and then got co-opted.

Where our attention goes, our awareness and consciousness follows. If our attention is steadily and clearly on where we want to head/where it is in our best interest to head, then that will probably feel good on a spiritual level and things will flow. If we get distracted by the gizmos and the 'wow-look-at-what-it-can-do' aspects for their own sakes, we will have lots of entertainment but risk getting entrained into something we are being led into.
Each time, if we take the time to sit with it and ask ourselves who is being served we will know what and how to place our attention.

Are we leading or being led?
Great questions to return to again and again as a situation changes.

Reactions: Snowmelt and June

Pucksterguy

Elder Entity
Jul 28, 2016
For me, the problem arises when we either become dependent upon the technology or we allow it to “take over” our own importance or role in the cosmos. It would be far better, in my opinion, to work on our own innate abilities. I suspect that, individually and collectively, we have the ability to do anything that technology can allow us to do without the use of said technology—we’ve just temporarily forgotten how in order to have this experience. :)
I'm thinking we all have the innate ability to speak by telepathy, rather then need a radio computer chip installed. I'm sure we can learn to teleport without needing a car to get around. etc. etc. We need to relearn(remember) how to do these things. I'm told we are using only about 30% of our DNA's capabilities. Things like self healing, telepathy etc are built in to the DNA as well as a huge knowledge base. To me the path is clear to go the natural route rather then stuffing our bodies with tech to achieve the same thing. Besides how many machines can be hacked and controlled to do someone else's bidding?

Last edited:

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
I'm thinking we all have the innate ability to speak by telepathy, rather then need a radio computer chip installed. I'm sure we can learn to teleport with needing a car to get around. etc. etc. We need to relearn(remember) how to do these things. I'm told we are using only about 30% of our DNA's capabilities. Things like self healing, telepathy etc are built in to the DNA as well as a huge knowledge base. To me the path is clear to go the natural route rather then stuffing our bodies with tech to achieve the same thing. Besides how many machines can be hacked and controlled to do someone else's bidding?
I agree with Pucksterguy, of course we all have the ability to speak telepathically. It's my understanding that at one time it was the only way we communicated.
We even get occasional experiences of it now. I have had the odd time when someone has communicated with me in that way, one of them with the UFO I mentioned a while ago.
There might come a time when a massive sun spot or some electromagnetic wave doesn't just knock out but actually fries all communications, then what? Could be our telepathic abilities will swiftly rise to the surface. It wouldn't surprise me, I've often thought it might happen that way.
As for using only a small part of our DNA, my understanding is that ten of out twelve strands of DNA have been disconnected, but our bodies seem to be going through upgrades so we will no doubt eventually have use of them all.
Then won't we have fun, probably teleporting all over the place. Imagine suddenly appearing in someone's living room going........BOO!!!! Haha. Just joking.
It is so true also that we need to go the natural route, who needs technology when we are multidimensional beings. We are creators who are claiming back our sovereignty.
Some might choose the technological route of course, we all walk our own path.

OP
Carl

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
I agree with Pucksterguy, of course we all have the ability to speak telepathically. It's my understanding that at one time it was the only way we communicated.
I had a curious thought several times that if for an unknown reason in a single event all human beings in the planet were to loose their speech abilities we would make a quantum leap shortly after and would start instead communicating telepathically. Yeah, I know, sounds almost like a science fiction idea. :)

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
I had a curious thought several times that if for an unknown reason in a single event all human beings in the planet were to loose their speech abilities we would make a quantum leap shortly after and would start instead communicating telepathically. Yeah, I know, sounds almost like a science fiction idea. :)
Yes that coul be possible I reckon.
What about this, something I have often thought. At the time of the the Tower of Babel it seems they were all communicating in one language, apparently god didn't like this and said let us go down and confuse their language, or something like that, can't remember exact wording.
What if they communicated by telepathy and the ETs which I believe they were, introduced different languages which which divided and confused them. Just a thought, they would also have had to somehow switch off their telepathic powers of course. Mmm!! This needs more thought. o_O

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Then won't we have fun, probably teleporting all over the place. Imagine suddenly appearing in someone's living room going........BOO!!!! Haha. Just joking.
June, you're very right that it is spiritually designed to happen naturally. Those technological aids come out of the impatient races who want dominion over others. In fact, what you write there, jokingly, is the very reason why this natural evolution takes time... the collective as a whole has to come to the level where responsible action is the result of wise and conscious thought. The natural evolution we are currently undergoing with cosmic intervention through light codes and expansion is the result of ... who knows.... how many millions of years.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Yes that coul be possible I reckon.
What about this, something I have often thought. At the time of the the Tower of Babel it seems they were all communicating in one language, apparently god didn't like this and said let us go down and confuse their language, or something like that, can't remember exact wording.
What if they communicated by telepathy and the ETs which I believe they were, introduced different languages which which divided and confused them. Just a thought, they would also have had to somehow switch off their telepathic powers of course. Mmm!! This needs more thought. o_O
That Jehovah god, that YHWH god (same being) is just a meddler!

Reactions: Stargazer and Pod
OP
Carl

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
The natural evolution we are currently undergoing with cosmic intervention through light codes and expansion is the result of ... who knows.... how many millions of years.
In addition we seem to had many re-starts, detours, dead-ends, you name it. At this point we are set to enter a new phase through another shift (perhaps what we call "The Event"), which probably includes a "collective consciousness" approach and even another way to communicate (telepathy) that will obviously eliminate the need for vocal cords. Has any of you wondered why communications with ETs (no matter the race) is basically done through telepathy? Is like a prerequisite to join the space brotherhood.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
The celebration of the Harmonic Convergence was done before internet times. It was able to gain worldwide attention through both word of mouth, as well as celebrity endorsements. It was well-known enough that Johnny Carson took an "om" moment on his show. So there was a start, but how to keep it going and continue outreach? The internet fulfilled this need. My closest friends are people I've not met in the physical, with a few exceptions. I take classes, read literature, watch videos, have conversations, share ideas, and participate in group meditation - all with the internet. I've formed very close bonds with people, which I believe are expressed in energetic pathways. In groups like this one, we've learned more about our extra abilities and have a place to talk about it.

Linda, thanks for mentioning the Harmonic Convergence (and Jose Arguelles is a name more will come to understand as a leading light, in about 50 years!) At the time, I was 27 years old, living in an old caravan on a parking lot, in a small desert town 15 hours drive to the major city. As you say it was pre-internet. We did have radio and tapes though! And consciousness of this global effort pierced that far into the Australian desert. I am very happy to have that as a marker in this long, extended journey we have all been taking. I'm pretty sure that with the right outer environment (some contact and daily communing with nature in any of her formats); and with the right inner environment (clarity, peace, expansion, breathing, relaxation) the collective human consciousness will be well on its way without the aid of a single gadget.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
AI, internet, etc.
I've been thinking about this and considered how all kind of things have evolved and changed. Education, food, medicine, government, etc. - as soon as power hungry and/or greedy people arrive, it goes downhill.
I see the whole computer age in the same way. It is fine to a point, but there is a push (both subtle and direct) to allow more acceptance and reliance. When we are aware, we can make better choices for ourselves. I think the internet is serving us well here, and as we form closer bonds interesting things happen.

telepathy
In my dreams and QHHT sessions, I've often communicated through telepathy. I know when my daughter is in a bind and when it is her calling on the phone. Sometimes I just know what someone is thinking. Then there are the dogs in my life - we've had such wonderful bonds that require no words. How many of us sense the intent of another person?. I agree these are innate skills and abilities. However, they've been marginalized and ridiculed in mainstream life, but fortunately we have places like this forum where we are able to talk and share notes. Once we know that we are not "crazy" then we have more freedom to explore the possibilities.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
AI, internet, etc.
I've been thinking about this and considered how all kind of things have evolved and changed. Education, food, medicine, government, etc. - as soon as power hungry and/or greedy people arrive, it goes downhill.
I see the whole computer age in the same way. It is fine to a point, but there is a push (both subtle and direct) to allow more acceptance and reliance.
This is beginning to remind me of Carl Boudreau's 2017 forecast that was linked to a posting of Laron's. In it he talks about how we are going to be creating a new way of being that does not take the old thought-patterns with it. In fact, we would make so sure not to take the old along into the new that it would seem like we have ground all our old ideas to fine powder on a grindstone so as to not have any chance of taking the old, dysfunctional ways of doing things into our future patterns.
In this case, I am referring to not taking into the future the old thought pattern of a great new idea being pushed (both subtly and directly) toward reliance... ending up with things like families eating dinner, each with a phone in hand and no eye contact.
Rather, we could choose, for example, to let the phone be on hand when needed but not be designed to 'suck in' one's attention or be used as a distraction.

You can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/carl-boudreau/august-20-2017-grinding-wheel/10214281110210110/

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Humanity no longer needs God
I agree with this statement.....we do not need the God of the Christians, the Moslems, the anyone that projects a God outside of themselves. We do not need that any more and indeed we are outgrowing it as we connect to Source within ourselves and recognise our own divinity, our own codes of behaviour, and self responsibility.

Days before I really woke up in 2001, I envisioned God as an old man sitting on a sort of throne, dressed in flowing robes. I climbed on to his lap for Love and Acceptance, hoping I had finally come home. The bastard fingered me, so I envisioned a bazooka and blew him up. It was my final disconnection from many lifetimes of "that God"

A dying patriarchal consciousness is producing old male energy that thinks it knows everything including god......yawn.

I love what everyone has written on this thread........we are ready for change people are we not?

Last edited:

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
In addition we seem to had many re-starts, detours, dead-ends, you name it. At this point we are set to enter a new phase through another shift (perhaps what we call "The Event"), which probably includes a "collective consciousness" approach and even another way to communicate (telepathy) that will obviously eliminate the need for vocal cords. Has any of you wondered why communications with ETs (no matter the race) is basically done through telepathy? Is like a prerequisite to join the space brotherhood.
ETs communicate with each other telepathically because that is the natural way to do it, communicating verbally is unnatural.
We live an unnatural life here brought about by the interference of ETs.
My understanding is when we first came to experience a physical life on Earth our bodies were very light in substance, androgynous and communicated telepathically in what is called The Golde Age, It's only later that ETs came along and messed with our DNA , with our agreement I suggest but only because we were deceived, Adam &Eve?
Then of course puffed up ET liked the control he had over us and didn't like it when we got together to build a great tower to reach the heavens. Can't have this he thinks, they will think.....or rather remember that they are multidimensional beings too, to keep control let us divide them, each group with a different language that the others won't understand, hence the bringing in of the spoken word.
This scattered the people and did exactly what ET desired, caused division, and so it goes on to this day

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
My thought/feeling is that this is just the story we've been told. In a nutshell, the Tower of Babel was apparently an attempt by humanity to collectively and cooperatively work together to build a tower to reach "Heaven". Would a loving, peaceful, or caring "God" (that I believe is the core essence of "Source") really want to create division, separation, or disharmony within humanity by taking away their common language?

It seems to me much more likely that a "Demi-god" being of some type saw us humans working together in harmony and was threatened by all this unity and cooperation--therefore, he took measures to "set humanity back". It seems to be the same old story...every time we start to evolve or find our way back to our true nature of peace, harmony, and love, there are those whose chosen allegiance is to "the dark". That's when they step in to confuse, distract, or even destroy any progress we may have made.

I'm quite sure that the Tower of Babel story is just one more case of this interference.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
My thought/feeling is that this is just the story we've been told. In a nutshell, the Tower of Babel was apparently an attempt by humanity to collectively and cooperatively work together to build a tower to reach "Heaven". Would a loving, peaceful, or caring "God" (that I believe is the core essence of "Source") really want to create division, separation, or disharmony within humanity by taking away their common language?

It seems to me much more likely that a "Demi-god" being of some type saw us humans working together in harmony and was threatened by all this unity and cooperation--therefore, he took measures to "set humanity back". It seems to be the same old story...every time we start to evolve or find our way back to our true nature of peace, harmony, and love, there are those whose chosen allegiance is to "the dark". That's when they step in to confuse, distract, or even destroy any progress we may have made.

I'm quite sure that the Tower of Babel story is just one more case of this interference.
I agree SG but you put it so much better than me.<3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)