Choices on how to be are changing since August/September 2016 (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
There are obviously a lot of sources of information on the internet and elsewhere about how humanity can be the shift it is talking about. Sometimes you don't drill down to see just exactly if you are "walking this talk".

I had 2 recent, challenging experiences this week where I consciously made a choice to react in a different-to-usual way. Only sitting back in hindsight did I see that these different choices are the result of my integrating some of the incoming energies over the last 12 months, especially the last 2 months in particular.

Both issues played out with significant others in my life (daughter, and ex-husband). I think people in close relationship are the best to challenge us and reflect to us whether we are in fact moving in the life stream, or stuck in the mud.

As I'm sure most people do, I have certain reactionary, emotional behaviour that plays out like a recording in the case of an emotional trigger being pushed. They have played out so many zillions of times in my life, that I can recognise them straight away, but I can never stop them, and sometimes I even look forward to being in the reaction, as it is somehow comforting.

In my case, these emotional reactions are normally turned in on myself (possibly because I am a Yin energy, and lashing out on others is not my style). One of them is to run off to my bed, hug myself, and cry like blazes. Another is to stuff my face with food. Another is to manifest swollen, inflammatory pain somewhere in my physical body - take that, knees!

But both of these times, where I had my emotional trigger thumped by my dear significant other, I caught myself in the act of being about to flee to the bedroom or the kitchen, and calmly, lovingly, I was able to remind myself that there is more than one way available to react. A little bit of wound licking allowed, but not sufficient for me to wallow in self-pity. The other way to react was to re-orient my thinking and expand my heart so that their "offense" really wasn't as big as it had at first seemed.

Then, come back down off the mountain of reaction, given a little time, and take back up the thread of communication, so that things could naturally heal and everyone sighs a breath of relief and is able to move forward, hurt forgotten. In the cool of the moment, explaining without anger, why their reaction to something that happened had caused me anger/reaction/self-pity, but that I viewed it now from a larger angle, and there was no blame and shame.

Love reunited, moving on.

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
There are obviously a lot of sources of information on the internet and elsewhere about how humanity can be the shift it is talking about. Sometimes you don't drill down to see just exactly if you are "walking this talk".

I had 2 recent, challenging experiences this week where I consciously made a choice to react in a different-to-usual way. Only sitting back in hindsight did I see that these different choices are the result of my integrating some of the incoming energies over the last 12 months, especially the last 2 months in particular.

Both issues played out with significant others in my life (daughter, and ex-husband). I think people in close relationship are the best to challenge us and reflect to us whether we are in fact moving in the life stream, or stuck in the mud.

As I'm sure most people do, I have certain reactionary, emotional behaviour that plays out like a recording in the case of an emotional trigger being pushed. They have played out so many zillions of times in my life, that I can recognise them straight away, but I can never stop them, and sometimes I even look forward to being in the reaction, as it is somehow comforting.

In my case, these emotional reactions are normally turned in on myself (possibly because I am a Yin energy, and lashing out on others is not my style). One of them is to run off to my bed, hug myself, and cry like blazes. Another is to stuff my face with food. Another is to manifest swollen, inflammatory pain somewhere in my physical body - take that, knees!

But both of these times, where I had my emotional trigger thumped by my dear significant other, I caught myself in the act of being about to flee to the bedroom or the kitchen, and calmly, lovingly, I was able to remind myself that there is more than one way available to react. A little bit of wound licking allowed, but not sufficient for me to wallow in self-pity. The other way to react was to re-orient my thinking and expand my heart so that their "offense" really wasn't as big as it had at first seemed.

Then, come back down off the mountain of reaction, given a little time, and take back up the thread of communication, so that things could naturally heal and everyone sighs a breath of relief and is able to move forward, hurt forgotten. In the cool of the moment, explaining without anger, why their reaction to something that happened had caused me anger/reaction/self-pity, but that I viewed it now from a larger angle, and there was no blame and shame.

Love reunited, moving on.

Computer end programme! Great piece Melt!

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
Bravo, HM! In the past year or two, I've been able to notice my "pre-programmed" reactions and choose differently as well. It's a wonderful feeling when you realize that you've grown beyond your previous limitations!!

:) <3

Gunther

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Sep 27, 2016
South Africa
Yes, it is about knowing what button is being pressed.
Hello Pod, Thank you. If I may elaborate a little on what I meant to say. I don’t think one necessarily needs to know which buttons are being pressed, but one needs to have cultivated sufficient ability to be present in the moment, all the time. (I’m a long way from being there, but that’s where I’m headed.)

Mostly, people are not present In the moment, their attention/ minds are elsewhere, from what is happening right in front of them, they are operating on “auto pilot” so to speak, like when you have been driving along a road for a while, and you suddenly “wake up” and realize you have been driving around bends in the road, stopped, and gone through stop signs safely, but have no recollection of actually doing that………auto pilot…….sub-conscious taking over, call it whatever, one was not present.

When a button is pushed, of whatever nature, and you are not present, the part of you, that drove that car (above example), while you were “not present”, will take over instantaneously and react by re-enacting , what it believes to be appropriate for this similar situation, in the past, thus we have “have played out so many zillions of times in my life”, situation, which Melt described, happens to me very often still, though I try, but it’s hard, still, aaaaarh!

If one is present in the moment, when a triggering event occurs, or a button is pushed, of whatever nature, the knee-jerk reaction is by-passed, and one has the ability to respond, instead of reacting. You now have a choice how to respond. Gentleness, aggression, or anything in between.

Thank you for bringing this up Pod, I’m glad I was able to comment and ramble along here.

Hope your winter isn’t too fierce, I’m headed into summer now, Yippee!

Very Kind regards,

Gunther

Pod

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Jul 19, 2016
Scotland
Hello Pod, Thank you. If I may elaborate a little on what I meant to say. I don’t think one necessarily needs to know which buttons are being pressed, but one needs to have cultivated sufficient ability to be present in the moment, all the time. (I’m a long way from being there, but that’s where I’m headed.)

Mostly, people are not present In the moment, their attention/ minds are elsewhere, from what is happening right in front of them, they are operating on “auto pilot” so to speak, like when you have been driving along a road for a while, and you suddenly “wake up” and realize you have been driving around bends in the road, stopped, and gone through stop signs safely, but have no recollection of actually doing that………auto pilot…….sub-conscious taking over, call it whatever, one was not present.

When a button is pushed, of whatever nature, and you are not present, the part of you, that drove that car (above example), while you were “not present”, will take over instantaneously and react by re-enacting , what it believes to be appropriate for this similar situation, in the past, thus we have “have played out so many zillions of times in my life”, situation, which Melt described, happens to me very often still, though I try, but it’s hard, still, aaaaarh!

If one is present in the moment, when a triggering event occurs, or a button is pushed, of whatever nature, the knee-jerk reaction is by-passed, and one has the ability to respond, instead of reacting. You now have a choice how to respond. Gentleness, aggression, or anything in between.

Thank you for bringing this up Pod, I’m glad I was able to comment and ramble along here.

Hope your winter isn’t too fierce, I’m headed into summer now, Yippee!

Very Kind regards,

Gunther
Thank you Gunther......

it is lovely that you took the time to write that for me. I really appreciate it. I am tired now, but would like to respond more at the weekend. Goodnight Gunther.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)