Change of name to Cape Cod Space Force Station (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I came across this today. It felt 'random' enough to make me pay attention. It makes me wonder what follows...

From the (very brief) article:
The Space Force is now the United States sixth military branch. The base will serve as home of the 6th Space Warning Squadron, where they provide missile warning, missile defense and space surveillance.
and
“Renaming Air Force installations where space operations is the primary mission more closely reflects the overall mission of the base,” said Whiting. “Renaming these installations is critical to building a distinct culture and identity for the Space Force.”

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Seems like they are bringing this new branch of the military a little more front and center. With an actual base with a specific mission, it is not so mysterious.

• I agree
Reactions: Lila

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com

Space needs war like Earth needs it. Put some 'boots on the Moon'. Blow up Mars with nukes a second time.

Sickening.

I think we need to take a few deep breaths now and start singing.

• Compassionate
Reactions: Snowmelt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)