Caution when using William Tompkins book “Selected by Extraterrestrials…” (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Thanks for the insights. I can see how it would be overwhelming to consider all he's experienced and done all these years, as it is presented as personal experience, rather than more generally. I did not know about the personal relationships and definitely can see that would be "a bridge too far" for many.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
Your review of his book just makes me want to read it more. Hehe

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Thanks for the insights. I can see how it would be overwhelming to consider all he's experienced and done all these years, as it is presented as personal experience, rather than more generally. I did not know about the personal relationships and definitely can see that would be "a bridge too far" for many.
The "bridge too far" made me throw down this book in disgust, simply because it wasn't an enjoyable read. Nobody wants to keep hearing how gorgeous Nordic alien women posing in the subservient role of secretaries to powerful men and captains of industry made him continuously break his bonds of fidelity to his marriage. He also intimated that these secretaries more or less ran the deal. I have been a secretary for 40 years, and this just isn't what the job is about. A real secretary is an assistant, and tries to be restrained (probably where I failed, in fact!)

I felt that this book had a ghost writer, was poorly written, and was tantamount to a huge ego-stroking session. I did actually purchase this book when it came out, and it retreated to the back of my bookcase. I suppose I could give it another look over, but it was not to my taste.

But, as John Helios mentions, the Youtube interviews with William Tompkins (Kerry Cassidy, for one) are interesting, and held my interest for the full two hours.

• Insightful Post
Reactions: Anaeika and Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)