Can you hear me now? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Recently I led tours at the farm with some special needs students. One of them had cochlear implants and hearing aids that were connected by radio frequency to a microphone. Rather than repeating what I was saying, the teacher put the mike on me - clipped at my collar and sender unit in my pocket.

It was a new experience, and it changed me. I suddenly was aware of what I was saying and how. I selected my words carefully, did not turn my head, and kept my volume constant. All I wanted to do was give the boy the best experience possible.

After they left, I considered the larger view (me being me :-D). What would our world be like if all of us spoke with care and consideration? Our words are another way to convey our energy and intent. Yeah, we al know that, but I did not really bring that idea into my full consciousness until I had a microphone on me.

I also started thinking about the dumbing down of our educational system. I love words and enjoy finding just the right one to convey what I mean. However, we are seeing more students with less abilities with language. To me, language can be a beautiful and wonderful way to express our ideas and feelings. So what happens to people who don't have exposure to the variety and nuance it provides? Do ideas become less interesting? Is it easier to ignore the feelings of others?

So, for me, I'm making sure that I take every opportunity to speak well, with intent, and love. Even if it just thanking the bagger at the grocery store. I want to be sure everyone can hear me now.

Last edited:

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
So what happens to people who don't have exposure to the variety and nuance it provides?
We HEAR you Linda! :)

I'm certain that the "dumbing down" is on purpose. People who don't or can't think critically and effectively express themselves are much more likely to let "someone else" do their thinking AND speaking. Sounds like a perfect recipe for the "wealthy elites" to further distance themselves, gain power, and prop themselves up even higher than the rest of the world. Another idea that dawned on me lately (regarding censorship) was that when you take away someone's ability to communicate, they become frustrated. When they have no ability to communicate and work out their feelings in a constructive way, they often feel they have no recourse but to express themselves physically--by lashing out in anger, hatred, violence, etc (look at France right now, in fact). Interestingly, this ALSO fits into the Deep State agenda for control, because it justifies their efforts to take away our rights to Free Speech, Self-Protection, Bear Arms, and more.

One never knows how much just LISTENING can help. So I'll shut up now and just listen for awhile. ;)<:)o:)

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
they become frustrated
I run into this with children. They know and feel frustration but cannot figure out why. Sometimes I help them "name" it, and often they have such a look of relief on their faces.

So yes, I agree - being able to describe your feelings and have someone who can listen does a world of good.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I am sad to realise that the great characters of literature, and the great authors and visionaries, and the great composers of music and their magical compositions are often lost to our younger generation. It limits the conversation if you mention a character from literature and they just look non-plussed back at you. Having arrived at a level of knowledge of human culture, it is because of imbibing and being engrossed by it for many decades, and being open to it. I love that Linda's interaction was a help to her as well as to her young charge, in that they both learned something.

Reactions: Alain and Linda

Gunther

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Sep 27, 2016
South Africa
Recently I led tours at the farm with some special needs students. One of them had cochlear implants and hearing aids that were connected by radio frequency to a microphone. Rather than repeating what I was saying, the teacher put the mike on me - clipped at my collar and sender unit in my pocket.

It was a new experience, and it changed me. I suddenly was aware of what I was saying and how. I selected my words carefully, did not turn my head, and kept my volume constant. All I wanted to do was give the boy the best experience possible.

After they left, I considered the larger view (me being me :-D). What would our world be like if all of us spoke with care and consideration? Our words are another way to convey our energy and intent. Yeah, we al know that, but I did not really bring that idea into my full consciousness until I had a microphone on me.

I also started thinking about the dumbing down of our educational system. I love words and enjoy finding just the right one to convey what I mean. However, we are seeing more students with less abilities with language. To me, language can be a beautiful and wonderful way to express our ideas and feelings. So what happens to people who don't have exposure to the variety and nuance it provides? Do ideas become less interesting? Is it easier to ignore the feelings of others?

So, for me, I'm making sure that I take every opportunity to speak well, with intent, and love. Even if it just thanking the bagger at the grocery store. I want to be sure everyone can hear me now.
A very important topic Linda. Very few people are capable of speaking with “care and consideration”, and must agree that we are seeing more young people with less abilities with language. In fact, most of the older folks (myself included) also have a similar problem of not being able to communicate adequately with language.
This is not by accident, but is a deliberate thing, implemented via the education system, going back to early 1900s and probably even further back. Language has been deliberately weaponized by the ptw, in order to dumb us down.
Language forms the bulk of our ability to communicate with each other, of course there is body language, energy exchange in close proximity, and the like, but language is key to our communication with each other here in 3d, since most of us are not telepathic.
What one also forgets, is that most of us still think in words (language), so if our grasp of language is stunted/limited, our ability to think clearly is also limited…….consider the implications of that for a moment! And that again is deliberate, it’s not by accident.

Not only has our grasp of language been held back by the education system, but the very meaning of key words has been altered over a period of many years, distorting the original true meaning into something negative and suiting the control system. I’m not qualified to discuss this in depth, others more qualified have done so, and one can research this online, if interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)