Buying a crystal online (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
I’m looking to buy a piece of quartz crystal on line, to have a go at photographing like Omcasey.
Does anyone know how to tell if the what is being offered is the genuine article?

Reactions: Anaeika

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I prefer to do this in person so I can hold the stone in my hand and sit with it for a bit.
Having said that, some just shine to me in the pictures I see online, especially when they have rainbows, lol!
Also, I sometimes have something in mind when I start searching and then it's a matter of 'finding the right one'.

I love Etsy.com for this though there are plenty of other great places too.

Have fun:-D

Reactions: Anaeika and June

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I personally would never buy a crystal online as I prefer to hold it in person, oh, djavu! ^^ :fp:p

Does anyone know how to tell if the what is being offered is the genuine article?
Go by the photos. You should be able to get an idea if what they are selling is what is in the photo, or if it's just a stock photo. If unsure, you could contact the website or ask a friend to double check, but if they are a worthy site they should get back to you pretty fast if you contact them with that question.

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
June , did you make a decision & buy a crystal yet?

You could always go rock hounding and find the quartz crystals yourself. This is the fun way. Currently I am finding lots of quartz while in Arizona. There are some rock shops here and I can give you the contact info if interested. They are the real deal and will ship. The prices are fair as quartz of all types are abundant here.

Here is a pretty one found here. (Not for sale.)

14901E21-ACD3-461B-A0CA-2F1A9276A579.jpeg

OP
June

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
June , did you make a decision & buy a crystal yet?

You could always go rock hounding and find the quartz crystals yourself. This is the fun way. Currently I am finding lots of quartz while in Arizona. There are some rock shops here and I can give you the contact info if interested. They are the real deal and will ship. The prices are fair as quartz of all types are abundant here.

Here is a pretty one found here. (Not for sale.)

View attachment 5200
Unfortunately there is no natural crystal to go hunting for anywhere near me here in the UK.
And restricted mobility makes it difficult to get to any rock shops in towns some distance away

IVe been searching online, but so far made no decision.

So, yes please, I would be pleased to have a contact in Arizona, , Thankyou for the thought. Anaeika.

OP
June

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
Thankyou for the info Anaeika, I might be getting sorted, will let you know.

OP
June

June

Elder Entity
Aug 3, 2016
Look what I have got....crystals from Arkansas, yippeeeeee!!!
Unpolished, completely natural. All thanks to our lovely Linda, who went to so much trouble, to shop, send photographs,
Back to the shop, sorting shipping of my final choices. Keeping in touch and tracking for me.
She included pieces of Lindaland, in the form of, soapstone, lava and the like.

When I opened the box, it was as if I had let out some of the spirit of the land, it was some kind of delicate smell, that was there, yet wasn’t. I could feel the smell, if that makes sense. And it’s still here, the next day, it’s in my home, a part of Texas, and I’m thrilled to bits.

Thankyou so much Linda, you’re a diamond.

The little guy in the pic on his own, jumped straight into my heart, the moment I saw him, and I realise he’s a lookalike for r2d2. He has his own little pouch and will go everywhere with me.

D212FEA1-17D0-42C2-88DA-335E3401B696.jpegEFF61330-7A37-4655-985D-52AFF8EFDD82.jpeg

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
It is an interesting story from my side, too. I happened on this thread and saw that June wanted some crystals, but it looked as if she would have to order them. I had qualms about this and felt I could find what she wanted at our local shop. Before I left, I asked if what June described was there and got an image of a big piece of polished Brazilian quartz.

Our shop, Nature's Treasures, has a retail section and a rough rock section. I love the rough rocks because the energy is just so much "more". I told the person what I was looking for, and she said I might find it on the retail side, but they just got in a shipment of negative entropic quartz from Arkansas. I'll attach a link to an article about that below, but basically, it is living quartz.

I searched through the stones, found just the right ones, and put them in my basket. I noticed that my body was buzzing, perspiring, and I felt light headed. (Some say there is a relationship between the Arkansas crystals and Atlantis.) I went over to the retail side and found the Brazilian piece, but it did not have the same energy, so I left it. Driving home was challenging - had to focus on breathing and staying in my body - not exaggerating.

All in all, it was a great adventure for 2 ladies on either side of "the pond".

https://ntrocks.com/blog/negative-entropic-quartz-crystals-what-are-they

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I noticed that my body was buzzing, perspiring, and I felt light headed. (Some say there is a relationship between the Arkansas crystals and Atlantis.) I went over to the retail side and found the Brazilian piece, but it did not have the same energy, so I left it. Driving home was challenging - had to focus on breathing and staying in my body - not exaggeratin
WOW!!!!!! Woooooooooow!
Thank you for sharing this story, Ladies. It is a bond of friendship & love too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)