• Welcome Guest
    Welcome to the Roundtable Forum, the community boards for www.transients.info. If you have an account already, please log in, otherwise feel free to sign up. Note that you will be unable to post new threads, reply to existing threads, or have access to some boards and information unless you are logged in after signing up with a forum account. By being registered you can also post comments on front page articles using your forum Account.

Buying a crystal online

June

Visiting Paragon
I’m looking to buy a piece of quartz crystal on line, to have a go at photographing like Omcasey.
Does anyone know how to tell if the what is being offered is the genuine article?

Lila

Realized Sentience
Staff member
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
I prefer to do this in person so I can hold the stone in my hand and sit with it for a bit.
Having said that, some just shine to me in the pictures I see online, especially when they have rainbows, lol!
Also, I sometimes have something in mind when I start searching and then it's a matter of 'finding the right one'.

I love Etsy.com for this though there are plenty of other great places too.

Have fun:-D

Laron

Healing Facilitator & Consciousness Guide
Staff member
Administrator
Board Moderator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
I personally would never buy a crystal online as I prefer to hold it in person, oh, djavu! ^^ :fp:p

Does anyone know how to tell if the what is being offered is the genuine article?
Go by the photos. You should be able to get an idea if what they are selling is what is in the photo, or if it's just a stock photo. If unsure, you could contact the website or ask a friend to double check, but if they are a worthy site they should get back to you pretty fast if you contact them with that question.

Anaeika

Boundless Creation
Staff member
Board Moderator
June , did you make a decision & buy a crystal yet?

You could always go rock hounding and find the quartz crystals yourself. This is the fun way. Currently I am finding lots of quartz while in Arizona. There are some rock shops here and I can give you the contact info if interested. They are the real deal and will ship. The prices are fair as quartz of all types are abundant here.

Here is a pretty one found here. (Not for sale.)

14901E21-ACD3-461B-A0CA-2F1A9276A579.jpeg

OP
OP
June

June

Visiting Paragon
June , did you make a decision & buy a crystal yet?

You could always go rock hounding and find the quartz crystals yourself. This is the fun way. Currently I am finding lots of quartz while in Arizona. There are some rock shops here and I can give you the contact info if interested. They are the real deal and will ship. The prices are fair as quartz of all types are abundant here.

Here is a pretty one found here. (Not for sale.)

View attachment 5200
Unfortunately there is no natural crystal to go hunting for anywhere near me here in the UK.
And restricted mobility makes it difficult to get to any rock shops in towns some distance away

IVe been searching online, but so far made no decision.

So, yes please, I would be pleased to have a contact in Arizona, , Thankyou for the thought. Anaeika.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)