Buy Nothing Project (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
A friend shared this site with me today. It is an example of community bartering, which is something we've talked about here. Our neighborhood group operates like this on a smaller scale. It is a wonderful concept because items that might be tossed find new home, and people with talents find a place to share them.

Check it out; there might be one near you. If not, well then here is your project for 2017. I particularly liked the one about the dandelions.

At The Buy Nothing Project, we’re a collection of local gift economies that have popped up all over the United Sates. We have groups from Galveston, TX to Amherst, MA and Upper Kittitas, WA to the Upper Keys, FL. And there’s one fundamental truth that underscores each gift economy: Giving begets more giving.

Everyone Has Bounty To Give

“I’d be happy to receive a wheelbarrow-load of dandelions,” my friend Rebecca declared. That was when it struck me: People are afraid to give because they believe they don’t have anything to offer, we lost our belief that we’re connected to each other and are needed by our neighbors. What if we started our Buy Nothing giving groups by asking for things that we know anyone can contribute? A bagful of dandelions would be gold for my chickens, but my neighbors don’t know this.

A tattered old book can be a DIY project for a craftsperson.

A box of old Christmas cards could be this year’s wreath for a creative spirit.

https://buynothingproject.org/2015/01/05/just-start-the-giving/

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
A bagful of dandelions would be gold for my chickens, but my neighbors don’t know this.
And I bet there are many other examples like this that people don't realize!

Reactions: Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
It reminds me of what Linda had posted recently about being in a group of people who don't believe in the type of stuff we talk about here on RT, but do go about living their lives fully and with lots of conscious connections and love.
There are so many 'little' ways this happens without fanfare and 'make the world go round'.

Reactions: Laron and Carl

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
It reminds me of what Linda had posted recently about being in a group of people who don't believe in the type of stuff we talk about here on RT, but do go about living their lives fully and with lots of conscious connections and love.
That makes me think of cells, from a biology perspective.

oncion cells.jpg

Above is a picture depicting cells growing in the root-tip of an onion.

a. non-dividing cells, with chromatin-network and deeply stained nucleoli;
b. nuclei preparing for division (spireme-stage);
c. dividing cells showing mitotic figures;
e. pair of daughter-cells shortly after division.

We are all at different stages of growth, within our social, cultural, and family group consciousnesses.

Last edited:

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
That makes me think of cells, from a biology perspective.

View attachment 4010

Above is a picture depicting cells growing in the root-tip of an onion.

a. non-dividing cells, with chromatin-network and deeply stained nucleoli;
b. nuclei preparing for division (spireme-stage);
c. dividing cells showing mitotic figures;
e. pair of daughter-cells shortly after division.

We are all at different stages of growth, within out social, cultural, and family group consciousnesses.
I guess we are made of those cells, so better take care of them and do a little consciousness-sharing on the macro level<3

Reactions: Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)