Book Recommendations (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Dontco

Involved Wayfarer
Apr 10, 2020
Hello, dear forum members :)
I've been searching this forum for recommendations for books about developing psychic powers, but I haven't found any specific threads.
I was wondering if you have any recommendations for books that have helped you with the subject? this could help me very much.
thank you!! :)

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Hey - I was surprised to find nothing about this on the forum. I'm wondering if the term is too broad. Have you noticed or are particularly drawn to an ability? I believe there may be more discussions on individual abilities. I made a short list, adding descriptions on a few for anyone else that might look at this thread. (I suspect you are well-aware of the differentiations.) Have you had any experiences in these areas?

Astral Projection

Auras

Automatic Writing

Clairvoyance - seeing things not observed with the physical senses

Clairaudience - hearing things not present in the physical

Clairsentience - getting an impression or information

Claircognizance - awareness of information, aka gut feeling

Energy Healing

Precognition

Psychometry - impressions from holding an object

Remote Viewing

Telekinesis

Telepathy

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
I remember Kurt Leland's book "The Multidimensional Human". It is primarily focussed on AP but secondarily also deals holistically with developing one's 'inner senses' that also help in waking life for psychic abilties of any kind.

Here is the description in his own words from his website:

The Multidimensional Human: Practices for Psychic Development and Astral Projection is an intuitive, holistic, and experiential guide to out-of-body experiences, lucid dreams, astral projection, and other adventures in consciousness. It’s intuitive because it addresses the development of psychic or intuitive abilities available to all of us, simply by being human.

As human beings, we’re multidimensional. Every one of us has access to a number of energy bodies that function in various physical and nonphysical planes or dimensions. Familiarity with the powers and limitations of these energy bodies is essential for exploring our multidimensionality.

Each energy body comes with a set of inner senses. If we don’t know how to use these senses, we can’t perceive the realities we visit, figure out what plane we’re on, travel between planes, or meet and interact with the nonphysical beings we encounter there.

The Multidimensional Human is holistic because it provides a comprehensive program for solving astral projection problems-- such as seeing nothing, feeling unable to move, and asking questions of nonphysical beings who pretend we’re not there-- before they occur. The key is to develop the senses that come with our energy bodies.

We can do so in out-of-body states or lucid dreams. But the inner senses are also available to us in waking reality. If we deepen our awareness of how they operate in waking reality, then they’re instantly and easily available during astral projection and other adventures in consciousness.

The Multidimensional Human is experiential because it offers twenty-five spiritual practices to develop the inner senses and suggestions for how to integrate these practices into daily life. These practices enrich our experience of life on the physical plane as they prepare us to explore other planes and energy bodies--from entering the consciousness of a tree to mapping the Afterlife through astral projection.

Integrating information about the energy bodies, planes, and inner senses from the ancient spiritual traditions of Theosophy and the writings of the channeled entity Seth, while drawing on the author’s thirty-five years of astral projection experience, this book demonstrates how we can all become multidimensional humans.

OP
Dontco

Dontco

Involved Wayfarer
Apr 10, 2020
Hey - I was surprised to find nothing about this on the forum. I'm wondering if the term is too broad. Have you noticed or are particularly drawn to an ability? I believe there may be more discussions on individual abilities. I made a short list, adding descriptions on a few for anyone else that might look at this thread. (I suspect you are well-aware of the differentiations.) Have you had any experiences in these areas?
Linda thank you!! :) It's very possible that the term is actually too broad.
I would say I'm interested in Clairvoyance, Clairsentience, Precognition and Telepathy. I will try and search for recommendations on these subjects across the forum.
You've definitely given me some topics to explore so I'm grateful for that :) your list was very helpful.

I remember Kurt Leland's book "The Multidimensional Human". It is primarily focussed on AP but secondarily also deals holistically with developing one's 'inner senses' that also help in waking life for psychic abilties of any kind.
TY, Sinera :) that's a good idea, I remember that you mentioned him in the past. And his books seem like a good idea, in general! and it's fascinating that he relies on Seth!! that's really cool, I love that. When I read RB's book I also made notes to myself when things he wrote about coincided with what was written in the Seth books. And in his photo he seems like a nice, humble guy :)

Reactions: Linda

Toller

Involved Wayfarer
Feb 21, 2018
UK
You could try Robert Bruce's book Astral Dynamics, it should give you a good grounding :-

Meanwhile, here is a link to the wikiHow page on the subject :-

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
And in his photo he seems like a nice, humble guy
He is! I had some e-mail contact with him regarding my article on the VOID and he answered very nicely with a long text and I quoted him in my article with it. He also was on the Astraldynamics forum years ago.
You could try Robert Bruce's book Astral Dynamics, it should give you a good grounding :-
I agree. RB's book(s) is/are recommendable for this. I did not propose it also because I knew that Dontco is like me an Astraldynamics Forum veteran. ;) :cool:
We've been there for years now (me since 2010) and are still there actually although there isn't much activity going on these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)