Bitcoin and Ethereum will free us (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

have you purchased any cryptocurrency?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moonseal

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
Northern California
After reading a ton about the cypher punk movement (the cryptographers who were concerned about the internet and the degradation of our privacy), I am convinced that Satoshi Nakamoto was a psuedynom for one person. I suspect that he was Hal Finney. Blockchain has the ability to FREE the human species. Following Vitalik Buterin (the creator of Ethereum) on Twitter, interviews, articles and even his father (another computer scientist) for the past two years, it is clear that his goal is humanitarian. Even his natal chart shows this. This crypto movement has given me renewed hope that there is a path out of the woods. In fact, the Bitcoiners are so stubborn and determined to never sell, the price just keeps going up as demand increases contrary to attempts to ban it. I recommend looking past mainstream media’s opinions on Bitcoin and drug trafficking and dig a little deeper. Bitcoin is an enormous threat to central banking and if I were them, I would disparage it in every way possible and through every disinformation channel possible. The vibrations of freedom and light will rise to the surface no matter what.

By the way, apologies for being off the grid for so long. I got a promotion and was consumed with learning the job!

Last edited:

SciFyre

Involved Wayfarer
Oct 28, 2017
Savannah, GA USA
I am into seeing what is happening in the Crypto world. I just purchased some BTC and have a few ICOs. I am currently setting up a steady income stream through crypto. Anything you might post in this area, I will be following. Although, I am not very knowledgeable about forums. lol! Guess I will be learning! :D

Reactions: Lila and Moonseal
OP
Moonseal

Moonseal

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
Northern California
I am very excited about 2018. This is the year when crypto applications for consumers will really start to hit the market. Clif High believes that February will be another bull run up and I can see why: futures went short in December and now they are going long after the first set of closed contracts. This is good for all crypto. Also, Square Cash app has added crypto support, Robinhood is selling crypto starting in February. All of this does not even begin to touch the topic of Ethereum and other blockchains that have real use cases. Joe Lubin, one of the founders of Ethereum, has talked about how the rails are being laid for Ethereum institutional use right now..and consumer use built on top of that will be coming soon. Ethereum is working on scalability solutions right now, but there are other blockchains not yet released into the wild that have great potential to process transactions at VISA like speed. Even faster. Very exciting year!

Reactions: Kristiina and Lila

SciFyre

Involved Wayfarer
Oct 28, 2017
Savannah, GA USA
I am so looking forward to it! Right now I am trying to pick up as much Bitcoin and Ethereum as possible. I have invested in one company that is very diversified in it's approach to the crypto world in order to grow my Bitcoin, and am about to invest in another that sells mining contracts, and another that is a new type of Bitcoin lending platform... I am trying to diversify the income stream I am building. Picked up some ICOs, too. I have several Aussie friends that have been great support on helping each other learn this incredible new opportunity for the masses. It literally took me years to break into the crypto world on my own. Had no idea what to do! So glad I persevered though, and taught myself so much. I expect it will have it's ups and downs, anything that is in it's virtual infancy will, however I am so happy to be in it. 2018 is going to be awesome! (Buy now! Feb is going to see higher prices! - says the majority of the crypto world. Lol!)

Reactions: Lila
OP
Moonseal

Moonseal

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
Northern California
I am trying to diversify the income stream I am building. Picked up some ICOs, too. I have several Aussie friends that have been great support on helping each other learn this
SciFyre, it's a steep learning curve but having friends to bounce things off has been great. There are certain projects that I'm just not interested in, but another friend is and may have completely researched it. There are so many with potential, but so many that will prove to be scams. It's the wild west out there, as Laron put it.

My screening process for new tokens/coins is: there must be a working product, the development team must be recognizable, I must understand what the white paper is saying (and if I cannot explain what the product is to someone, forget it). Last thing: it must be something that I would use.

The one thing that truly scares me is how little people know about securing their coins. I am hoping that someone builds a wallet that has an easy interface and idiot-proof security. Tall order, but it would be invaluable. Too many people are dependent on trusted third parties (exchanges, in this case). Once we, as a group, understand that the chains that bound us have been broken off, it will be amazing.

Reactions: Kristiina and Lila

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)