Biotic Holocaust (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Michael Tsarion mentions "biotic holocaust" in this video presentation around the 45:55 mark (the rest of the presentation is also interesting, touching on the Black Nobility families of Europe, and quite a lot of information about HAARP and its genesis.) Biotic Holocaust is something we all know about, as the loss of species through extinction on an every-day basis, but it has multiplied to holocaust levels - between 50 and 150 species each day. This adds up to about 600,000 species lost since 1950, habitat loss being a huge factor. This information should be a huge wake up to all of us - but we tend to drown in negativity and feel overwhelmed when we hear about such numbers. Maybe we, our families, or people we know have been responsible for buying into housing estates that have knocked down vast tracts of original country, or have tamed the water ways with "keys" so that individual families can have boat pens, or have damaged the water sheds which are the capillaries of nature leading to the vast reservoirs of naturally collected water.

Reactions: Anaeika
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
The Xerces Blue (Glaucopsyche xerces) is an extinct species of butterfly in the gossamer-winged butterfly family, Lycaenidae. The species lived in coastal sand dunes of the Sunset District of San Francisco. The Xerces Blue is believed to be the first American butterfly species to become extinct as a result of loss of habitat caused by urban development. The last Xerces Blue was seen in either 1941 or 1943 on land that is part of Golden Gate National Recreation Area.

75b8ce1e35a380174610e7100bf65c21.jpg

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Here's an interesting video about the possibility that the Thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger) is not biologically extinct (meaning there could be a very small number of live ones somewhere in Australia, but no conclusive evidence has yet been found). The production is a bit over-dramatized - as the presenter says: "Heavy stuff, my darlings, heavy stuff", but really quite a good look at how we work out if a species or sub-species is in fact really extinct, or just hasn't been seen for some years or decades. Another case of not being able to 100% believe the approved version of history.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I finally had time to watch the video about the hylacines and found it entertaining, with a real penchant for drama. What I enjoyed most was the tracking down of the possible connections to an animal I'd never heard of.
Very cool.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
People could find out if the hylacine is extinct by doing a lot of DNA tests on scat, and comparing that to known DNA samples of hylacines. This is how they found out how far the Asian Carp was going into Chicago and the Great Lakes.

I can imagine the conversation at a scientist party.

"So what do you do for a living?"

"I'm a poop scientist."

"Sounds like a crappy job."

"Yeah, I haven't heard that one before."

Last edited:
Reactions: Pucksterguy

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
People could find out if the hylacine is extinct by doing a lot of DNA tests on scat, and comparing that to known DNA samples of hylacines. This is how they found out how far the Asian Carp was going into Chicago and the Great Lakes.
There was at least one poop sample found that was suspected to be from a hylacine. Mostly it was bones + fur of the animal that had been eaten. I agree, though, that this seems a good way to check.
One thing in the video that did have its DNA checked to see whether it was hylacine was a hair sample. The hair turned out to be from goat.

I can imagine the conversation at a scientist party.

"So what do you do for a living?"

"I'm a poop scientist."

"Sounds like a crappy job."

"Yeah, I haven't heard that one before."
Yes!:))
One of my favourite movies ever, "The Gods must be Crazy" featured a poop scientist who was all thumbs whenever he was around the beautiful teacher. In fact, when they were introduced and she asked him what he did, this was how he introduced himself "I study poop." Then he went into the bush to shake his head and mutter about how great an impression that must have made.

How that all went is a beautiful story. If you haven't watched it I highly recommend the film.
It also featured Kalahari Bushmen, their click language, beautiful landscape full of animals and the beautiful way they live in their land.

Reactions: Snowmelt
OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
This is one more thing in favour of higher spiritual learning. Years ago, I listened avidly to a weekly radio show that featured more awake and aware individuals. One British guy, who was an organic farmer and then became very spiritually aware, said that extinct species still live on in another dimension. That everything is energy and returns to the same. That there's no need to be dementedly anxious over the loss of a species, as every species has its day and life on Earth and sometimes, they can't continue to exist on that plane. I don't think he meant people shouldn't grieve, as grief is a natural way of coming to terms with loss, but he meant the excessive actions of some groups who do terrible things on the motivation of species loss (in terms of blame games and terrorism of the humans that they blame). From that day on, I have learnt to take a step back from a mountain of angst over loss of species, and to value and love every species of both flora and fauna that we are graced by, while we still have them. Everything is cyclic, so who knows when a cycle might reappear, given the right circumstances for life and sustainability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)