Best Gem Hunting Spots (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Thanks - great info, especially for Vickie.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
Krena, I'm not on Facebook much anymore. Sorry I didn't see it. Two of those places are close to my home in Hot Springs. The Ron Coleman mine is no more than 15 minutes away. However, it looks like we are moving again. :eek:

Reactions: Stargazer

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I found a lot of obsidian in Oregon State, USA. At one point I got out to see if I could find a sign to get back on track and found that I was crunching along rocks underfoot, covered lightly by pine needles. The sound was familiar so I looked; yup, I was crunching along on a bunch of obsidian. So cool.

At another area we took a rest stop at a place called 'Obsidian Flow' which didn't mean much to us until we stopped and looked at this vast field of rock. It was all obsidian that had flowed downhill with bits of pumice toward the edges. Huge chunks of it were also scattered about. I've never felt so grounded and felt like I could very happily stay there forever.

• Love this post!
Reactions: Snowmelt and Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)