Beginner Tarot Decks & What tarot cards do you use? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
Tarot originated from the mid-15th century and is said to have started within card games which were played in courtly circles of Northern Italy, later on used in countries throughout Europe. I think it's important to begin with the traditional cards, so that the energy and essence is not just understood and held at least once, but this also helps one to build a solid foundation.

The images on the cards within many decks usually have ties into the Hermetic Qabalah — influenced by the Rider-Waite-Smith deck. The art of Rider-Waite, first published in 1909, is by Pamela Colman Smith, based on instructions by poet, and mystic, Arthur Edward Waite (1857–1942). Because of the influence of the Qabalah and Waite, esoteric symbolism is used within many decks in existence today. .

mythic tarot deck.jpg
My Mythic Tarot Deck

IMG_1106.JPG
Bill's Rider-Waite deck

For starter decks, I recommend two. Firstly the Rider-Waite-Smith deck; it can seem a little simple, or basic, but like I say, it's important to establish a solid footing if you want to seriously get into using tarot long term. The second is the Mythic Tarot deck. It's similar to the Rider-Waite-Smith , yet holds it's own with it's unique artwork and design

So, what cards do you all use? Feel free to post what deck you are currently doing readings with, or you may have multiple! A photo would be great to see the cards you have!

Here's two other decks of mine. The first one is what I use most of the time.

wildwood tarot deck.jpg
Wild Wood Tarot Deck

animal.jpg
Animal Divine Tarot Deck

Mistress of Animals - Knight of Pentacles.jpg
Mistress of Animals - Knight of Pentacles from the Animal Divine Deck

• New to me!
Reactions: anony.

rixis

Involved Wayfarer
Apr 23, 2019
I love using Shadowscapes and Soul Card tarot but they may be too much for a beginner. My friend is starting out with Modern Spellcasters (because of the diversity) and Revelations Tarot for the reversals.

Modern Spellcaster's
d_modernspellcasters_1x1-300x300.jpg

Revelations
172293590138-1_600.jpg

Shadowscapes15612610699371884048811.jpg

Soul Card
15612611865531838700753.jpg

• Divine
Reactions: Laron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)