Barbados to remove Queen Elizabeth as head of state (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The plan is to become a full republic by November 2021.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/barbados-queen-elizabeth-ii-remove-head-of-state-2021/

The move would make Barbados the first country to drop the monarch since Mauritius did it nearly three decades ago in 1992. Queen Elizabeth is the head of state of 16 countries that are part of the Commonwealth, which includes the United Kingdom and former British colonies. Barbados gained its independence from British rule in 1966.

• Intriguing Post
Reactions: Lila

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
Saw it in the news and when I checked Simon Parks' blog found this comment:
"Buckingham Palace said it was not unexpected, but an insider said “the Queen became extremely angry""

If the insider was truthful, it is interesting to observe the discrepancy between an official political posture by a government and what really happens behind the curtains.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Saw it in the news and when I checked Simon Parks' blog found this comment:
"Buckingham Palace said it was not unexpected, but an insider said “the Queen became extremely angry""

If the insider was truthful, it is interesting to observe the discrepancy between an official political posture by a government and what really happens behind the curtains.
Yes, don't let me feel the Queen's wrath!

• Funny
Reactions: Lila

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
And boy is Lizzy pissed!
:)

• Funny
Reactions: Linda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)