Baby on the way (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
salabim announced on his status that he is to be a father for the first time. He is asking for recommendations for reading material on conscious parenting. Also, with the brain trust here, I figured you all would have many insights to offer, as well.

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
salabim announced on his status that he is to be a father for the first time. He is asking for recommendations for reading material on conscious parenting. Also, with the brain trust here, I figured you all would have many insights to offer, as well.
Fabulous!! Congratulations, salabim! :)

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
I really liked the books that made me laugh. Off the top of my head, the ones that stand out were "The Girlfriend's Guide to Parenting" during pregnancy and "Honey, I Wrecked the Kids" later.

Also, please don't forget the 'children's books!
They are for parents too. After all, who reads them? And if the reader is bored, the child being read to is likely to be too:eek:

I loved the ones that played with words, made us laugh and had sing-song qualities. The ones that come to mind are the Dr. Seuss books (used to challenge myself to read them faster and faster with every syllable read precisely:)), Jamberry (by Bruce Degen) and the silly Sandra Boynton books like "Barnyard Dance".
So easy to read those books with flair and fun... and sometimes hand motions and funny faces, too<:)
Then, there were the books that the kids loved and kept returning to.
Really, there are so many wonderful choices out there now all you have to do is enjoy the special time with your child:-D

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Children's books - Goodnight Moon
I would read it with a softer voice on each page.
I also watched a special about children's stories, and one little boy said Goodnight Moon was like a love story. I had not thought of it that way, but each page is filled with love.

salabim

Involved Wayfarer
Oct 3, 2016
Thanks people! the first one there with the wolf message was very synchronic. The baby is a boy and his name is going to be Vargas. It`s a old Swedish viking name and it means Wolf.

Golmona

Retired Moderator
Aug 2, 2016
Amsterdam
Congratulations salabim, such a blessing!

Here are my recommendations:

Books for the parents:
- The Continuum Concept: In Search Of Happiness Lost by Jean Liedloff (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/331046.The_Continuum_Concept?from_search=true)

- Your Self-Confident Baby: How to Encourage Your Child's Natural Abilities - From the Very Start by Magda Gerber (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/44283.Your_Self_Confident_Baby?ac=1&from_search=true)

- Elevating Child Care: A Guide to Respectful Parenting by Janet Lansbury (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22052330-elevating-child-care)

- No Bad Kids: Toddler Discipline Without Shame by Janet Lansbury (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23275206-no-bad-kids)

Books for the baby: FAIRYTALES FAIRYTALES FAIRYTALES :D
- Books by Daniela Drescher (Love her artwork, they're truly magical!). 'In the land of Merfolk', 'In the land of fairies', 'In the land of elves', 'Merlina and the magic spell' are some of my favourites!

- Books by Sibylle von Olfers. e.g. 'The story of the wind children' and 'The story of the root children'

- Books by Elsa Beskow. e.g. 'Children of the forest' and 'The land of long ago'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)