Ayahuasca & The Brain (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
The neuron explaination on traumas makes me think that maybe that's where habits come from. Yet, through our free will we can override our basic instinct and change our neuron connection.

I agree, that ayahuasca has those effects. As mind altering drugs, increase the stimulus within our brain unlocking temporarily our higher senses. Yet, I was one who has always believed that the same is possible through practice, one being meditation. Drugs are a shortcut to glimpse into those other dimensions, for those who haven't the understanding or an aide for those who understand.

Reactions: Kristy and Vickie
OP
Lorna Wilson

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
The neuron explaination on traumas makes me think that maybe that's where habits come from. Yet, through our free will we can override our basic instinct and change our neuron connection.

I agree, that ayahuasca has those effects. As mind altering drugs, increase the stimulus within our brain unlocking temporarily our higher senses. Yet, I was one who has always believed that the same is possible through practice, one being meditation. Drugs are a shortcut to glimpse into those other dimensions, for those who haven't the understanding or an aide for those who understand.
Hi Brian, I've some evolving thoughts on the differences between the inner world through meditation - which is self induced - compared to using an external substance to enter the inner worlds and one thought that stands out is this; With meditation we can through our own dedicated efforts transcend above the astrals into the 'soul planes', whereas with substances we stay within the astrals where we experience the imaginal worlds of the collective consciousness. Plant medicines, and I imagine other psychedelics - through the DMT stimulus - strips away the filters of the subconscious which is something that may have 'spiritual meaning' or not, unlike meditation which is focused on the spiritual. Experiencing ourselves within the astrals can be very healing if a bit emotionally overwhelming at times. Those are just some of the basic differences that I've been pondering. What are your thoughts on any of this?

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
Hi Brian, I've some evolving thoughts on the differences between the inner world through meditation - which is self induced - compared to using an external substance to enter the inner worlds and one thought that stands out is this; With meditation we can through our own dedicated efforts transcend above the astrals into the 'soul planes', whereas with substances we stay within the astrals where we experience the imaginal worlds of the collective consciousness. Plant medicines, and I imagine other psychedelics - through the DMT stimulus - strips away the filters of the subconscious which is something that may have 'spiritual meaning' or not, unlike meditation which is focused on the spiritual. Experiencing ourselves within the astrals can be very healing if a bit emotionally overwhelming at times. Those are just some of the basic differences that I've been pondering. What are your thoughts on any of this?
I agree. Ha, you explain it much better than I could. As you said "strip away the filters," thus what I was hinting at was that for those who are well trained in going to those "soul planes" and know how to handle said drugs. Then the drug is an aide in going to those planes as it helps induce an altered state. Of course, one can only access such as state if they are already focusing on the spiritual. Such as the examples we have in our said human history as it always seems that mystics, sages, and the wise would use 'herbs' and such in their spiritual endeavors.
My thoughts are that those drugs should be respected as they have a purpose, such as how ayahuasca is used in Peru and elsewhere. It is only through our own efforts that we move along our spiritual path. Thus, the dedication that is expressed through meditation (and the such) to reach that level is the way rather than thinking that we must be dependent on an outside stimulant to gain access to those higher realms.

Reactions: Kristy
OP
Lorna Wilson

Lorna Wilson

Roaming Contributor
Retired Global Moderator
Aug 4, 2016
www.lornawilsonqhhthealing.co.uk
I agree. Ha, you explain it much better than I could. As you said "strip away the filters," thus what I was hinting at was that for those who are well trained in going to those "soul planes" and know how to handle said drugs. Then the drug is an aide in going to those planes as it helps induce an altered state. Of course, one can only access such as state if they are already focusing on the spiritual. Such as the examples we have in our said human history as it always seems that mystics, sages, and the wise would use 'herbs' and such in their spiritual endeavors.
My thoughts are that those drugs should be respected as they have a purpose, such as how ayahuasca is used in Peru and elsewhere. It is only through our own efforts that we move along our spiritual path. Thus, the dedication that is expressed through meditation (and the such) to reach that level is the way rather than thinking that we must be dependent on an outside stimulant to gain access to those higher realms.
Yes our intention behind why we do things is important to determine where we arrive. The shaman has helping spirits to intervene within the non-physical in a similar way to any interworld traveler, and I suspect their remit/focus vary. Plant medicines and their helping spirits seem to focus on getting us fully grounded and accepting of our physical life, which may mean exposing the causes behind the things that affects or is stored in the body.

As our forum progresses we can explore other plant medicines than ayahuasca. For example Iboga is said to be a masculine energy, whilst ayahuasca is feminine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)