Australia Becomes First Country To Begin Microchipping Its Public (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
This is something we've all been hearing about and now it's become a reality. I can't believe people would think this is a good thing. I can visualize people sitting in a room in front of a monitor controlling our every move with the use of this microchip. Is this the zombie apocalypse?

From Organic and Healthy

Australia may become the first country in the world to microchip its public. NBC news predicted that all Americans would be microchipped by 2017, but it seems Australia may have already beaten them to it.

Back in 2010, CBS news reported that the Australian government had a potential RFID microchipping plan in the works related to the health care system.

Now, it seems that this plan is beginning to unfold but the push is not a result of mandated health care reforms, but rather a clever propaganda campaign that equates RFID microchipping with becoming superhuman, and people are begging for it.

Under the headline 'Australians embracing super-human microchip technology', Australia's premier media outlet news.com.au (News Corp Australia) reports:

It may sound like sci-fi, but hundreds of Australians are turning themselves into super-humans who can unlock doors, turn on lights and log into computers with a wave of the hand.
Shanti Korporaal, from Sydney, is at the centre of the phenomenon after having two implants inserted under her skin.

Now she can get into work and her car without carrying a card or keys, and says her ultimate goal is to completely do away with her wallet and cards.
She told news.com.au:

"You could set up your life so you never have to worry about any password or PINs it’s the same technology as Paypass, so I’m hoping you’ll be able to pay for things with it. "

"With Opal you get a unique identification number that could be programmed into the chip. Any door with a swipe card ... it could open your computer, photocopier. Loyalty cards for shops are just another thing for your wallet."

The microchips, which are the size of a grain of rice, can act like a business card and transfer contact details to smartphones, and hold complex medical data.

In her interview with the Australian news outlet, Shanti claims that her friends and family are envious of her microchip lifestyle;

" My nana wants one. I’ve had more opposition to my tattoos than I’ve ever had to the chip. My friends are jealous."

Reactions: Mike and Stargazer

Stargazer

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
USA
rememberinginfinity.wordpress.com
This is something we've all been hearing about and now it's become a reality. I can't believe people would think this is a good thing. I can visualize people sitting in a room in front of a monitor controlling our every move with the use of this microchip. Is this the zombie apocalypse?

In her interview with the Australian news outlet, Shanti claims that her friends and family are envious of her microchip lifestyle;

" My nana wants one. I’ve had more opposition to my tattoos than I’ve ever had to the chip. My friends are jealous."
My first reaction is, "Wow...are people really that gullible?" I was going to use another word, but I really am trying to be more understanding and non-judgmental.

My second reaction is, "Gee, I wonder how many people really are that gullible." There's no doubt in my mind that the media will be trying to manipulate things by saying how people are clamoring for it. For example, they're saying that hundreds are lining up for it, but there's really only two--and they were just there hoping for a free lunch or an on-camera interview (so they can have their coveted 15 minutes of fame).

Hoo, boy...:rolleyes:

Well, if that's their choice, then more power to 'em...

Reactions: Vickie
OP
Vickie

Vickie

Roaming Contributor
Retired Moderator
Jul 23, 2016
Arkansas, USA
No doubt you're correct, Stargazer. I'm sure the media is making people believe that absolutely everybody wants one and they are lining up when that's probably not true but it will be true soon. They will brainwash people into believing this is a good thing. They will give incentives and all kinds of other techniques to get people wanting it.

Reactions: Mike and Stargazer

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
So, if nefarious types wanted access to your stuff, they could just take your hand.
Don't these people watch movies?

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Or, if someone talked with their hands, they could end up paying the checks for everyone around them.
:fp:fp

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
So, if nefarious types wanted access to your stuff, they could just take your hand.
Don't these people watch movies?
Or South American gangster heists? where it's easier to cut off your hand to get the fingerprints?

I saw that article at one point and dismissed it as freedom of choice for tech people who hadn't expanded their high heart. I note in the photo it takes 2 to hold the person down to get it in. I love ancient Indian knowledge, not least the Vedas, Upanishads, the golden age of the Indus Valley (but not the caste system!) However, the race to become the techno-nerds of the 21st century has seen many from India ditch their gloried ancient wellspring of knowledge and understanding to be the first to reach out for transhumanism. Who would have thought?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)