Article: Roger Ebert's Wife on His Final Moments (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

John Helios

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 31, 2016
www.HeliosJournal.com
"But toward the end, something really interesting happened. That week before Roger passed away, I would see him and he would talk about having visited this other place. I thought he was hallucinating. I thought they were giving him too much medication. But the day before he passed away, he wrote me a note: "This is all an elaborate hoax." I asked him, "What's a hoax?" And he was talking about this world, this place. He said it was all an illusion. I thought he was just confused. But he was not confused. He wasn't visiting heaven, not the way we think of heaven. He described it as a vastness that you can't even imagine. It was a place where the past, present, and future were happening all at once."

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/news/a26606/roger-ebert-final-moments/

Reactions: Carl

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Thank you for sharing this both heart-felt and heart-warming story. When people don't have anything to defend, they can be open to the truth as they see it.

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
Very interesting story! Even find more surprising that it was put in print considering other stories in the same media. The quote below was something I have read before being mentioned by people in different circles (speculative, theorist, occult, even scientific):
It was a place where the past, present, and future were happening all at once."
With our tools (current senses) it is difficult be able to comprehend a NOW comprised of past, present, and future taking place simultaneously and make sense of it.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
The article is an easy read with surprising revelations. I agree with Carl - big surprise it was printed in Esquire Magazine.

Given his profession as a reviewer of movies and his vast knowledge of the ins and outs of that work, I find his observations even more compelling.

Reactions: Carl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)