Art and science do go together (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
We've been seeing a blurring of the lines between science and spiritual beliefs, as we learn more about each. Now we have opportunities to blend art with energy production and water reclamation. I think this is great because many of the old style projects are unattractive concrete boxes beside a lovely river. As I looked at the photographs, I felt my heart soar. Wouldn't it be wonderful to see some of these new kinds of projects?

The Land Art Generator Initiative (LAGI), provides a platform for artists, architects, landscape architects, and other creatives working with engineers and scientists to bring forward human-centered solutions for sustainable energy infrastructures that enhance the city as works of public art while cleanly powering thousands of homes.

http://landartgenerator.org/

clearorbweb406x258.jpg

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I found this video below where the Mayor of the City of Port Phillip talks about how the LAGI 2018 design competition is developing a new relationship between the community and the energy that the community thrives on. By designing new energy infrastructure as public art, they can leave a lasting legacy, "locally loved and globally admired."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)