Archaeology afficionados keep mum (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I have a layperson's interest in archaeology and ancient civilizations. Being spiritually awake helps you pick up rocks that are suddenly revealed... in this time of revealing.

Until now, I have not heard of the Dispilio Tablet - anyone else here heard of it? Archaeologists did make an announcement about it, back in 2004, and then.... the silence is significant.

It is a fragment of a wooden tablet, carved with interesting inscriptions, found in Northern Greece by George Xourmouziadis in 1993, during a dig at a Late Neolithic site, called Dispilio. The location is the southern shore of Lake Orestiada, near the town of Kastoria, and the site is Nissi (island). The lake is approximately 28 square kilometres, and the altitude is 630 metres above sea level. The area is near the border with Albania (Macedonian area). The actual Neolithic site itself was only discovered in 1932, when the lake's level fell. It is referred to as a Neolithic Lake Settlement. It is thought that the community belonged to exchange networks, which allowed them to meet their needs with barter.

The wood of the tablet has been carbon-dated to 5260 BC, or roughly 7300 BP.

"The houses of the settlement, circular and rectangular, were built of timber, reed and clay upon timber post-framed platforms."

https://www.ancient-origins.net/searchall/Dispilio Tablet

In a book by Gregory Zorzos, it is referred to as the most ancient linear tablet.

The wooden tablet has incised linear symbols, which are assumed to be an early form of written speech.

Although the find was made in 1993, the discovery was only announced publicly in February, 2004. There were issues because of conservation of the tablet, since when it was removed from the mud and water where it had lain for 7,000 plus years, it immediately started to deteriorate, and it needed to be stabilised. That is the reason given for the unavailability of the tablet, other than access by those in the University department where it is kept. There is also the fact that there is no known interpretation of the markings, so the import of the communication written on the tablet is lost on modern day scientists and archaeologists.

I make note that now, in January 2020, we are still not hearing about this find.

This find should be important to all and sundry, because it impacts the long-held ideas about the origins of writing and articulate speech, depicted with letters instead of ideograms, within the borders of the ancient Greek world.

"According to ..... the markings suggested that the current theory proposing that the ancient Greeks received their alphabet from the ancient civilizations of the Middle East [Babylonians, Sumerians, Phoenicians, etc] fails to close the historic gap of some 4,000 years... while ancient eastern civilizations would use ideograms to express themselves, the ancient Greeks were using syllables in a similar manner like we use today."

The tablet is 2,000 years older than the written findings from the Sumerians era, and 4,000 years older than the Cretan-Mycenaean linear types of writing.

"The full academic publication of the tablet apparently awaits the completion of the work of conservation" (Author: Stella Tsolakidou, Source: Greek Reporter, July 16, 2012)

Commenters noted that carbon dating (C14) only dates the piece of wood, barring contamination, but not necessarily the date the inscriptions were made.

DispilioTablet_01.jpg
Picture credit: mlahanas The tablet is also known as the Dispilio Scripture or Dispilio Disk. The inscribed markings are called charagmata.

Dispilio_tablet_text.png
Although the meaning of the inscriptions is not known, the original discoverer, George Xourmouziadis, traced them per this graphic, to make them more easily discernable.

If this find could be made more popularly known, it could spur on people's interest in learning about their true European heritage.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Lila and Angela

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
The letters resemble ancient Futhark which are also called Viking Runes. There are several languages similar to Futhark but they generally trace back to areas where the Vikings lived. There are also legends that say in Scandanavia that Pleiadian types had a colony there, which would help explain the higher prevalance of blonde nordic-types. Natural blonde hair is recessive in humans, it's not that common. I can't be certain but the letters also look similar to letters on an I-beam from a UFO crash. I wish I still had that image of the I-beam but I lost it long ago.

Well I found the I-beam info. https://alienresearch.fandom.com/wiki/Roswell_I-beam

Some info on Futhark: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_Futhark

And a comparison image I just made.

And now some Elder Futhark. Note: The Latin letters appear to be Scandinavian letters, not English letters.

Last edited:

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Did anyone read "Forbidden Archaeology" by Michael Cremo? It's about how "scientists" arbitrarily ignore found objects from publicity just because they make them uncomfortable. The abridged version is called "Hidden History of the Human Race".

• Cool Post
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Lila and Snowmelt

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
The letters resemble ancient Futhark which are also called Viking Runes. There are several languages similar to Futhark but they generally trace back to areas where the Vikings lived.
One of my favourite bands in the tribal/pagan/neofolk genre (already posted some of it in the Music thread) do most of their lyrics in Futhark Runes.
Did anyone read "Forbidden Archaeology" by Michael Cremo? It's about how "scientists" arbitrarily ignore found objects from publicity just because they make them uncomfortable. The abridged version is called "Hidden History of the Human Race".
Yes. I bought and started reading it but never got far although it was interesting. Interesting synchronicity is that my Amazon purchase history (just looked it up) says I ordered it in January 2010, haha, so it makes a full ten years now. I don't read paper books anymore but maybe I should consider downloading the ebook now. It's a good book.

• Cool Post
  • Love this post!
Reactions: Lila and Snowmelt

Sinera

Healer, Musician, Astral-Traveler
RT Supporter
Retired Moderator
Aug 12, 2016
astral-blog.weebly.com
Here is the entire Futhark alphabet chanted in shamanic/ritualistic and musical form:

Fehu, Uruz,Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo Hagalaz, Naudiz, Isaz, Jera, Ihaz, Pertho, Algiz, Sowilo Tiwaz, Berkana, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Dagaz, Othala

:cool:

• Magical
Reactions: Lila

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Here is the entire Futhark alphabet chanted in shamanic/ritualistic and musical form:

Fehu, Uruz,Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo Hagalaz, Naudiz, Isaz, Jera, Ihaz, Pertho, Algiz, Sowilo Tiwaz, Berkana, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Dagaz, Othala

Awesome, the 'Runic ABC song'!:))

• Cool Post
Reactions: Snowmelt

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
The letters resemble ancient Futhark which are also called Viking Runes. There are several languages similar to Futhark but they generally trace back to areas where the Vikings lived. There are also legends that say in Scandanavia that Pleiadian types had a colony there, which would help explain the higher prevalance of blonde nordic-types. Natural blonde hair is recessive in humans, it's not that common. I can't be certain but the letters also look similar to letters on an I-beam from a UFO crash. I wish I still had that image of the I-beam but I lost it long ago.

Well I found the I-beam info. https://alienresearch.fandom.com/wiki/Roswell_I-beam

Some info on Futhark: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_Futhark

And a comparison image I just made.
View attachment 8996

And now some Elder Futhark. Note: The Latin letters appear to be Scandinavian letters, not English letters.

View attachment 8997
At first glance I didn't see great similarity. I looked again and realized that the actual letters had lots of similarities, though the format they were written was different; sort of like comparing two people's (or culture's) very different handwriting of the same letters.

OP
Snowmelt

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia

WOW. Makes my blood run cold (past life proddings?)

Anyhow, in my research on the subject, I found it written that the middle Neolithic tribes did sport matted hairstyles. For sure they had drums and shamanic music. Knowledge of an alphabet means you can not only record things, but you can have response, reaction and criticism - all good tools to eventually refine a culture to something like the Golden Age of the Greeks and their cultural pursuits.

I suppose that means the Vikings or Northerners influence could have been much older, and also much further south at an earlier age, than previously thought.

• Wise Post
Reactions: Lila

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
I found it written that the middle Neolithic tribes did sport matted hairstyles.
There's a reason for that. Mud on the hair would keep lice and fleas away. Some US indian tribes would put mud on their hair, let it dry all day, then crack it off. The mud would take any oils, skin cells, and lice with it thus cleaning their hair.

Bert

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Jan 10, 2019
Belgium
There's a reason for that. Mud on the hair would keep lice and fleas away. Some US indian tribes would put mud on their hair, let it dry all day, then crack it off. The mud would take any oils, skin cells, and lice with it thus cleaning their hair.
Animals take mud and dust baths and stay healthy / get good skin. Elephants go bathe in water to throw dirt on them afterwards (which is by the way the best sunscreen).
People take showers with soaps to get all dirt off and get skin problems and reduced immunity to diseases but smell nice and look spotless

Who wants to start a new healthy trend? :ROFL::)

• Funny
Reactions: Lila and therium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)