Any experienced Reiki practitioners? (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Kiera

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 13, 2018
I am fairly new at Reiki (been practicing for less than a year at level 2) and don't usually feel too much, other than heat and tingles. I had one experience where I was giving a cat a distance treatment and while I was at his head, I felt a huge pulse of energy which I interpreted as his muzzle nudging into my hand like cats do. I was shocked and opened my eyes because I honestly thought something had pushed my hand away or that I accidentally touched my proxy, which I was just hovering over.

Anyway, I had a similar experience last week giving a client in-person Reiki...at her throat chakra, hovering again, a HUGE pulse/whoosh of energy, pushed at my hands and I opened my eyes again, thinking I had accidentally made contact with her chest/throat area. It almost felt like her chest jerking up as if it'd been defibrillated. I don't know what to make of this, as this is only the second time this has happened in many, many Reiki sessions. My intuition says she released something huge. Just wondering if anybody has any other ideas?

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Two of our Reiki people are on vacation, but Lila might be able to offer some insight.

therium

Involved Wayfarer
RT Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Michigan
Kiera, you're just getting a bit more sensitive with the energy I think. That's all. In the case of your cat, his spirit nuzzled your spirit and you felt it. In the other case a big blob of energy came out of the person's throat chakra.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
I am fairly new at Reiki (been practicing for less than a year at level 2) and...
Energy is constantly moving throughout out energetic system. There’s a range of different reasons why you would pick up on something, and one of them can simply be that you are picking up on the flow of energy, as the energy is always flowing!

So go by what you were doing in that moment alongside your intuition. If it was a person and they were talking about a memory and you suddenly notice the energy, then it could relate to that event and you just helped clear a block in that area.

If you had a vision around that time of something, it may relate to what just occurred with the sensation you pick up.

If you are over a chakra and you notice the energy, whatever sensation you pick up, it can relate to the state of that chakra, in terms of the attention and type of energy healing techniques to send down into it to work on it. (different colors, using a light visualisation rather than a solid stream, etc — I know, Reiki doesn’t include this, so that’s why it’s good to learn actual energy healing as well which incorporates methods of sending the energy, as well as so much more.)

When I do a healing I feel the energy constantly throughout the session through my hands. It helps me know what chakra needs the work, if it’s inactive or over active. However, I use that in combination with my intuition and if the client was discussing anything at that time, as it’s like a validation and confirmation that something is taking place.

It can be a different experience to each person, so this is not a standard, I’ve found. An example is that if a chakra is over active, is perhaps spinning in the wrong direction and is unstable, I will feel a constant flow of energy going into my center palm (usually the left hand is the sensing hand with people, but it’s the right for me, in terms of picking up more than the other hand). It could be a sharp flow, it could be strong pulses, etc.

It’s the opposite for me if the chakra is all blocked up with little activity, so I will just pick up slight sensations. There’s always something though, which makes sense as if there was nothing, that would be a great concern!

In the early days I was wanting to develop this more and I did a few things to help with it, as it was very infrequently that I would pick up anything, so it’s also showing you progress with your psychic healing abilities as part of doing the work. (it’s a very good thing!)

(I’m a Reiki Master among holding a number of other energy healing related qualifications including a diploma in energetic healing that was designed and taught by one of Australia’s top healers and psychics. Been healing for about 12 years, but professionally for about 6.)

Last edited:
OP
Kiera

Kiera

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 13, 2018
Thank you, Laron!

My clients are usually silent, and I usually just feel general indications of energy flowing through me, but I don't often pick up much from them. I just know that if I start sweating they obviously need a LOT of energy at that area, but I don't have visions or anything like that. I have been working on increasing my intuition (AND trusting it, the hardest part).

The only other sense I've had is I can tell where people have pain because it feels like a throbbing or pulsing, almost like one of those vibrating massagers. I guess I should be happy I'm slowly progressing, but of course I'm impatient and want to be able to tell people more than just..."yeah, you needed a lot of energy in your sacral chakra". LOL I do need to celebrate small steps, though. Lesson learned.

Oh, and this woman was an artist and had just come from a frustrating art class, so I'm not shocked her throat chakra needed to release something! I just wondered if that kind of whooshing jerky energy had another interpretation. :)

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
When I started out, it was very much like you describe, but the more you do it, the more things develop.

Another example is that I have had visions/images of certain flows of energy as another part of me simultaneously does the healing. This is not so much about learning something new to use, but really showing me we don’t have to do anything specific as the healing takes place anyway, especially with the help of other beings who assist us and join in.

I developed the ability to actually feel the type of pain in my sensing hand, to a degree, especially with distant healing. I would pick up a similar feeling to what they have. It wasn’t exactly uncomfortable, just different and I got used to it.

What I find helps a lot is to never compare yourself with others. We all have a way of doing things and unique gifts and abilities.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Laron did a distance healing with my dog. I was sitting on the bed, and he was next to me and slept soundly through the session. I closed my eyes and just drifted. Interestingly, what I saw was my dog at something like an art fair. He was visiting artists with different specialities.

Not exactly what you asked, but thought the info from the other side of the experience was interesting.

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Kiera, I'm late to the this party and loving both what you wrote and the answers.
I can tell you that when I work I get different kinds of input, as Laron writes about; feelings, energy, visuals, voices can all come up and that this has developed over time.

I laughed out loud when I read about your opening your eyes to see what had happened, since I recall a few scenarios of my own that occurred when I opened my eyes. Some of them were quite funny. When I am working on someone physically (ie in the room with the person, rather than remotely) I am often surprised by what I see when I open my eyes, either because I felt something or just because I'm reassessing or curious. Sometimes I do a lot of moving while working and end up in some funny pretzels.

I have found that hearing what the person is experiencing while I do specific things is both amazingly interesting and helpful in guiding what comes next so I have been making a habit of narrating what I feel like I am doing (despite sometimes feeling like the narrative can sound nutty) and I also welcome and ask for input from the person I am working on, esp if there is something specific coming up that I want to know more about (eg if I am puzzled or at a crossroads). The answers can be really something sometimes!

Another eye opener for me was when I have worked with others on a person and we traded notes about where we were placing our hands, what the tensions we felt looked like, their shapes etc... then we realized that, though we were both relating visual stuff, we both had our eyes closed:eek::)):cool:

OP
Kiera

Kiera

Involved Wayfarer
Nov 13, 2018
Thank you all! Yes, I am learning not to compare...I still have a ways to go. I have a lifetime of "not good enoughness" to release (as most do) and still wonder if I'm doing it "right" sometimes. But I can't deny that the Reiki does its job regardless and I've had amazing feedback. I need to trust the Universe and let go of the outcome.

Sometimes I do have clients tell me what they are feeling as I go, but I felt that was disrupting their process to some extent, so now we wait until the end to discuss (though I always leave it up to them what they want to do..most choose to remain silent).

Very interesting hearing others' experiences...thank you for sharing! I love energy work soooo much. It's fascinating! <3

All time and Space are NOW. So even when doing long distance energy, you can experience it as if the person or animal is in front of you, if you are in a deep enough state.
There can be many phenomena associated with healing work when we're in deep state for both the practitioner and the client. My best guess is the information and energy are always there, but quieting our mind makes us more available to perceive it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)