Ancient Stone Reading (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
A few months ago I attended a crystal workshop, and the speaker was this guy named Tim Harris. He discussed about his background and then started discussing about crystals and their energies, mostly a lot of what I already knew intuitively and by teaching myself but it was nice to have validation. One thing that he talked a lot about was his book on the method of ancient stone reading. Well me being the crystal lover that I am felt intrigued by this. So I am going to share it with you all.

It is in a way like reading tarot or runes, because you have a set of crystals you use to do readings with. The book (as shown below) comes with approximately twenty-nine different crystals. Now more crystals can be added and if one is lost it can be replaced unlike if you lose a card in a tarot deck.

image.jpeg

Inside there are different methods for different readings just like how with tarot there are different spreads.

image.jpeg

Also inside are descriptions of crystals that can be used in the readings. This covers a nice variety and as mentioned before not just the crystals that come with the set because you can add to that set. It also gives the description on what that crystal means when it is in a certain position.

image.jpeg

Now I haven't done a reading yet as it is a bit confusing and k haven't given it a fair chance, but perhaps now I will since I just started going through it again and my connection with crystals has grown much more in even just a few months.

One nice thing is he signed my book.

image.jpeg

So I may have not really explained this all to well but once I start working with this I can give an update.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I really like this idea. I don't feel a draw to tarot cards, but using the stones is interesting to me.

Lois

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 30, 2016
Oooh, please keep us posted on how this goes when you actually get comfortable with reading... I've used tarot for years, and separately used stones for therapeutic or divination, the idea of blending the two is very appealing... I have goose bumps just thinking about it!

The layout for 10 stones you posted looks like a mirror reverse of a Celtic cross tarot layout too. I wonder if other reading layouts would translate?

xxx

Reactions: Kristy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)