Analysis and Attraction (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Lai Jumoke

Involved Wayfarer
Retired Moderator
I was thinking why do we love crystals so much? I could think of so many things. I loved the time I spent thinking why I love crystals.
A childhood classmate then asked me after an hour, in a random message from USA (out of the blue), why I like crystals so much. I asked him back why he bought some crystals. While answering to me, he was using logic, and at the end of his answer, he was confused in the process of articulating a reason. He was not admitting he feels an attraction towards crystals.
It seemed to me that analysis and logic created a confusion of emotions in him, that led him to feel not great. I felt he loved crystals, but because he analysed them, he was suddenly confused and out of words. His brain was working against his heart.
This, reminded me of an experiment I read once.

In 1993, Timothy Wilson and Dolores Kraft wanted to know about relationships. They took two groups of people and decided to monitor the longevity of their relationships. They theorized that if people took time to work out what they valued about their relationships they would last longer. So they asked the first group to make detailed lists of what it was they liked about their partners, the second group was given no such instruction.
It turns out that thinking about why you like your partner may not be a good idea for your relationship. Those people who analyzed their relationships found that their relationships were shorter than those who didn't analyze them.

Reference: Wilson T D, Kraft D; "Why Do I Love Thee? Effects of Repeated Introspection about a Dating Relationship on Attitudes Toward the Relationship" ,1993, Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin

Our brains are analytical, so we cannot avoid analysis, but we should allow our hearts to flow too. Esepcially in these times of shift, where our hearts are opening and taking us to new frequencies, through analysis...we could have never have arrived to these wonderful times.

Brian

Involved Wayfarer
Jul 28, 2016
California
I was thinking why do we love crystals so much? I could think of so many things. I loved the time I spent thinking why I love crystals.
A childhood classmate then asked me after an hour, in a random message from USA (out of the blue), why I like crystals so much. I asked him back why he bought some crystals. While answering to me, he was using logic, and at the end of his answer, he was confused in the process of articulating a reason. He was not admitting he feels an attraction towards crystals.
It seemed to me that analysis and logic created a confusion of emotions in him, that led him to feel not great. I felt he loved crystals, but because he analysed them, he was suddenly confused and out of words. His brain was working against his heart.
This, reminded me of an experiment I read once.

In 1993, Timothy Wilson and Dolores Kraft wanted to know about relationships. They took two groups of people and decided to monitor the longevity of their relationships. They theorized that if people took time to work out what they valued about their relationships they would last longer. So they asked the first group to make detailed lists of what it was they liked about their partners, the second group was given no such instruction.
It turns out that thinking about why you like your partner may not be a good idea for your relationship. Those people who analyzed their relationships found that their relationships were shorter than those who didn't analyze them.

Reference: Wilson T D, Kraft D; "Why Do I Love Thee? Effects of Repeated Introspection about a Dating Relationship on Attitudes Toward the Relationship" ,1993, Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin

Our brains are analytical, so we cannot avoid analysis, but we should allow our hearts to flow too. Esepcially in these times of shift, where our hearts are opening and taking us to new frequencies, through analysis...we could have never have arrived to these wonderful times.
Ha. I was just talking about this last weekend (the subject matter that is).

I would say that we were given both, so don't sacrifice one for the other.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016

Our brains are analytical, so we cannot avoid analysis, but we should allow our hearts to flow too. Especially in these times of shift, where our hearts are opening and taking us to new frequencies, through analysis...we could have never have arrived to these wonderful times.
I've always picked up rocks, crystals, and shells. The only answer I have is that I feel happy. Some of them seem to have a story for me.
Your question is an interesting one - how do we deal with our pull towards feelings and analysis. I am going to observe myself tomorrow.

Just thought of the 2-headed animal from Dr. Dolittle - the pushmi-pullyu, which had two heads (unicorn and gazelle). It was impossible to catch because it could always see who was coming.

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
I like when I am on hiking trails and out of nowhere sometimes a crystal or mineral just shouts at me to pick it up. Sometimes I am asked to bring it home and other times it is just to say hi and place it back where I found it or move it to a new location.

OP
Lai Jumoke

Lai Jumoke

Involved Wayfarer
Retired Moderator
I like when I am on hiking trails and out of nowhere sometimes a crystal or mineral just shouts at me to pick it up. Sometimes I am asked to bring it home and other times it is just to say hi and place it back where I found it or move it to a new location.
I sometimes take them too Kristy. Feels like they wanna go to my home or some friend's home perhaps. :)

Bill

The magic has always been within you.
Retired Global Moderator
Jul 21, 2016
From Kansas, living in Texas
I like crystals and often acquire them in pairs. Most of the time when meditating I will hold one in each hand. The selection of what I use is that which I am drawn to at that particular time. All that said, I can't say I get strong vibrations or feelings as result. Perhaps something a bit subtle. Guess I'm not expecting lighting! Maybe someday they will speak to me more clearly as they do with others of you. All in good time!

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
I like crystals and often acquire them in pairs. Most of the time when meditating I will hold one in each hand. The selection of what I use is that which I am drawn to at that particular time. All that said, I can't say I get strong vibrations or feelings as result. Perhaps something a bit subtle. Guess I'm not expecting lighting! Maybe someday they will speak to me more clearly as they do with others of you. All in good time!
It will all come in time and practice. I sense the vibrations even easier than Laron without touching them. But that's not to say no one else can do it. You just have to focus and trust. They will communicate with you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)