An afternoon at the local rock shop (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
We ended up at our local rock shop this afternoon, and had such a happy experience. My husband had never been there, and I was surprised at how much he liked the place. We gravitated to the rough rock area, and he found a 1 lb rough pink opal from Australia. He was smiling as he held it - could have knocked me over with a feather. I've got our treasures on the porch in the moonlight right now. I will say that the opal likes to be held.

Carl

Elder Entity
Jan 8, 2017
Texas
I remember one of my teachers warning us (his students) to be careful about opals because not everybody could handle its vibrations and negative thoughts can find a home in that stone. Never research it to verify that statement. Your husbands attraction to it may mean he has affinity to that stone and it is actually beneficial to him. Here is an article I found that talks about opals: http://www.gemselect.net/opal-beliefs-and-metaphysical-power.php

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
I was thinking of you, Kristy, as we walked around the outside yard with big pieces from all over the world. No wonder everyone is interested in this planet - what lies below our feet is astounding. Also, I thought you might have more insights on Australian opals.

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
Carl, thanks for the info on opals. It is quite a treat to see a big raw stone - mostly pink, red, and brown. One of the things that I've read is that opals may amplify feelings, which can be difficult in some cases. I will keep a watch out.

Kristy

Star child
Retired Moderator
Jul 22, 2016
3rd rock from the Sun
I was thinking of you, Kristy, as we walked around the outside yard with big pieces from all over the world. No wonder everyone is interested in this planet - what lies below our feet is astounding. Also, I thought you might have more insights on Australian opals.

I completely agree. I also think that was so amazing what your husband experienced. That brought flutters to my heart and filled me with joy

Lila

Collected Consciousness
Staff member
RT Supporter
Global Moderator
Board Moderator
Jul 28, 2016
Visits to the local rock shop are one of my faves!... whether it's my local or I'm traveling, lol.
Lovely to hear your husband's reaction<3 I always think of him as the person who (if I recall correctly from a previous post) doesn't necessarily believe in everything you do, Linda, but believes in you.
An opal's colours are something I can enjoy looking at for a long time, shifting as they are like waves. I've heard the stories about their potential negativity but resonated more with the rebuttal that this was a concept formed because of their relative softness and potential to break...resulting in disappointment. I just find them so beautiful and find if hard to consider such beauty negative, especially from a rock friend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)