Allowing the Intuitive Mind to Drift and Dream (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Laron

QHHT & Past Life Regression
Staff member
Administrator
Creator of transients.info & The Roundtable
Jul 19, 2016
Nelson, New Zealand
laron.nz
"A writer sometimes needs to do nothing. He may seem to be doing nothing yet in fact he is tuning out of the outer world in order to allow the inner intuitive mind, to drift and dream. For those that remember, before television and computer games, there was cloud-gazing—a spiritual, introspective pursuit with no goal whatsoever."​
~ Catherine Anne Jones​

It can become natural as we write away each day, from finding a routine that fits our lifestyles; but for some, they're still searching for the way to do this—allowing the stream of consciousness to take over, with fingers responding responsively and automatically.

What are some of the techniques you use, as a writer, to allow ideas, thoughts and constructs to spill out onto the page or screen?

Reactions: Anaeika

Angela

Roaming Contributor
RT Supporter
Jul 28, 2016
I'm not a writer, but i recognize that each thought I have is connected in someway, however abstract. Then I explore where the connection is. Almost like I'm feeling something rather than thinking about it.

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
My sentences come out fully formed. I suppose you could call it stream of consciousness. Sometimes I look back over it, and think "Did I write that?"

Anaeika

Collected Consciousness
Retired Moderator
Aug 28, 2016
I’m definitely not gifted here! I appreciate the art. I am a woman of few words.

Reactions: Laron and Snowmelt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)