AirPano Project - photos and film (1 Viewer)

• Welcome to the Roundtable! If you have an account already, please sign in, otherwise feel free to register. Note that you will be unable to post or access some boards and information unless you sign in.

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
A friend sent me some photos from this website. Well, an hour later, I'm finally getting around to making this post. This is the most incredible collection of birdseye, panoramic, and direct photos, as well as 360 degree views and videos that I've ever seen.

AirPano is a not-for-profit project created by a team of Russian photo enthusiasts focused on taking high-resolution aerial panoramic photographs. Although we usually photograph from a helicopter, we also like to shoot from an airplane, a dirigible, a hot air balloon, and a radio-controlled helicopter. Today AirPano is the largest resource in the world – by geographical coverage, number of aerial photographs, and artistic and technical quality of the images — featuring 360° panoramas of the highest quality shot from a bird's eye view.

Since the beginning of the project, AirPano team has created panoramas of majority of the most interesting and significant places and cities of the Earth. There are about 3000 aerial panoramas on our website showing more than 300 famous locations of our planet, including North Pole, Antarctica, Mariana Trench, and even the Earth's view from the stratosphere. New virtual tours are published on www.Airpano.com every week.

Unlike viewing a traditional photograph limited by its frame, or watching a film that follows its director's idea, a spherical panorama gives you a freedom of being on location, where you can turn around 360° and have a closer look at every detail.

http://www.airpano.com/

Picture of Machu Picchu from their website -

Machu P.jpg

Snowmelt

Snowmelt
Staff member
RT Supporter
Board Moderator
Aug 15, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I only had time to view Sydney, my home town, specifically the harbour and its environs. I have lived in many apartments in the small bays and travelled on the ferries to get to work in the city. Also, I used to be a yacht crew for weekend sailing races on the harbour (with the Sydney southerly blusters, that could be a rush!) In one of the apartments on the harbour's edge I woke up one day to see a wall of orange steel outside my window - a tanker had parked in the night! This unique way of viewing a location is fantastic - I've bookmarked the site for another time.

OP
Linda

Linda

Sweetheart of the Rodeo
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Board Moderator
Jul 20, 2016
You are most welcome, HM. It is an astonishing site, and I want to watch one of the rafting trips. They say if you view on a big screen, it is like being there, so I might have to hook my computer to the TV.

wall of orange steel outside my window - a tanker had parked in the night!
I've seen one go by into a port when I was at the Gulf. The size and mass were frightening at first, then I got interested in all the details.

Reactions: Lila and Stargazer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)